Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

At 8-8 are paloffs still possible?

desertfox59

I am a die hard and no matter what I will remain one but the truth of the matter is the Redskins sucks thia year. The Redskins don't even look capable of winning a win again this year talkless of 4 straight games. With that said, I don't intend to jump ship. I am in this forever. Simply put I am a Redskins for life!:cool:

At 8-8 are paloffs still possible?

this thread is for Us diehards....

Hey you number crunchers....Tell me the dream is still alive. Give this board some hope.

We may be laughed at and ridiculed but some of us want to believe it is still possible...

...At least for one more game.

You know who you are...

Tell me how it can happen....:notworthy

:helmet:

Quit dreaming. :doh:

Every game for every other team would have to play out exactly.

Don't worry, I looked at it.

We would need a few teams to lose 3 of their last 4 and us to win out. Deep inside, my hope is still alive, but I'm starting to face the facts for this year :(

Actually it would only require the Falcons to lose 3 of its last 4...

Not that it helps any lol... :mad:

Yeah, you people who keep making these dag on we could make the play-off if.... scenarios are starting to irk me. You all need to just shut up and watch some damned football. Thats part of the problem, pre-mature sh*t talking. Nobody can do that except for Muhammad Ali. Damn!!!

Yeah, you people who keep making these dag on we could make the play-off if.... scenarios are starting to irk me. You all need to just shut up and watch some damned football. Thats part of the problem, pre-mature sh*t talking. Nobody can do that except for Muhammad Ali. Damn!!!

Do you purposefully click on threads that you KNOW ahead of time will piss you off?...

If so, why?

Guest ComebackKing

Stop talking playoffs I hope we freaking lose out from here and build for next year! Wins at this point just hurt our draft spot. 8-8 playoffs could be an outside shot, but the Skins WILL NOT go 8-8. 6-10 if we are lucky.

With the offensive line stinking it up. With Jon Jansen in the twilight of his career, being pushed around like Shirley Temple, why in the world do you think that this team would not only MAKE IT to the playoffs, but have ANY chance in the playoffs, is beyond me!

As of about 1pm eastern today, I thought that this team was still alive. Now, after the last three quarters of today's game, I am certain that this team has NO chance for the remainder of the season! Whether it's players who just don't give a flyin' crap, or just bad coaching, I'm not sure, but this team is absolutely pathetic!

With the offensive line stinking it up. With Jon Jansen in the twilight of his career, being pushed around like Shirley Temple, why in the world do you think that this team would not only MAKE IT to the playoffs, but have ANY chance in the playoffs, is beyond me!

Not sure you can find any posts on this thread in which anyone says they think the Skins will make the playoffs...

Actually it would only require the Falcons to lose 3 of its last 4...

Not that it helps any lol... :mad:

You are right....I kind of ripped up the paper I had all my chicken scratch on after the game......

Hmmm....hell, let's do this ****!

I need something to look forward to and dream about!

Let's GO SKINS!

4 IN A ROW OR WE DON'T GO!

My house is still standing, my wife is still healthy and loves me, I'll still have a job tomorrow.

Lets hope your boss isn't a Redskins fan...I'm just kidding haha.

I pretty much cried after this loss today because I invested so much faith/hope/money into this season and then it seemed to all have went down the drain after today. However, if 8-8 will get us in some way or somehow then I'm in for rooting the team on in a 4 game winning streak. I've already emptied my bank account a few times to make it to games this season, why not give them my faith (whats left of it). Hail to the Redskins! -Wes-:helmet:

You are right....I kind of ripped up the paper I had all my chicken scratch on after the game......

Hmmm....hell, let's do this ****!

I need something to look forward to and dream about!

Let's GO SKINS!

4 IN A ROW OR WE DON'T GO!

You REALLY want to hang your hopes on something fragile?..lol...How about this: The Skins don't need ANY team to go 1-3 to still make the playoffs...

Unbelievable!

EVERY SINGLE team we needed to lose to have a shot at the paloffs LOST today!

Well, not every single one.

Atlanta won :doh:

But, yeah and 8-8 team (or two) will more than likely make the playoffs this year. Unfortunately for us, for us to be that team would require the defense to actually show up for more than one week.

Unbelievable!

EVERY SINGLE team we needed to lose to have a shot at the paloffs LOST today!

Well, not every single one.

Atlanta won :doh:

But, yeah and 8-8 team (or two) will more than likely make the playoffs this year. Unfortunately for us, for us to be that team would require the defense to actually show up for more than one week.

Not only that, but with one win the 5-6 Falcons went from being on an 0-4 losing streak filled with turmoil, dropped passes and their starting QB flipping off the fans...to controlling their own playoff destiny lol :laugh: :doh:

You REALLY want to hang your hopes on something fragile?..lol...How about this: The Skins don't need ANY team to go 1-3 to still make the playoffs...

Sadly, my whole life I have had hopes crushed with this team.

But, if we need teams to lose 2 more, and we play a few of them. We can do this.

AND, I just found out Breaking Benjamin is coming down after two cancellations!

Unless this team

A) gets new coaching staff

B) gets better defensive lineman

C) gets better offensive tackles

D) uses TJ Duckett for more than a bench ornament

E) finds out that Campbell has gained all the football knowledge of a hall-of-famer through telekenesis or osmosis

we're not going to the playoffs.

Sadly, my whole life I have had hopes crushed with this team.

But, if we need teams to lose 2 more, and we play a few of them. We can do this.

AND, I just found out Breaking Benjamin is coming down after two cancellations!

:laugh:

The sad reality is that next week the NFC may very well be trying to find two teams to fill the wildcard spots from a bunch of crappy 6-7 and 5-8 teams...

first off let me say it is really really hard for us to get into the playoffs almost impossible...but i do have a much brighter way 2 look at it then all of u...i dont think u have realized it yet but ill tell u how it goes.... we should actually root for the eagles tomorrow night and hope for an upset ...so thenn it would look like thisgiants 6-6

eagles 6-6

carolina6-6

atlanta6-6

sf 5-7

stl5-7

minn 5-7

then us ofcourse 4-8

so then next week wed root for the ginats to beat carolina atlanta would probably win wed have to beat philly ofcourse ...minn beating detroit ...sf beats gb ...stl lose to chicago...

g men 7-6

atlanta 7-6

carolina6-7

minn 6-7

sf 6-7

philly 6-7

wsh 5-8

then the week after carolina beats pitt...atl lose to dallas ...g men beat philly

we win ofcourse..minn lose to the jets

gmen 8-6

atlanta 7-7

carolina 7-7

minn6-8

philly 6-8

us 6-8

thennn in week 16 we wnat carolina to beat atlanta ginats doesent matter say they beat no ...minn lose at gb philly lose at dallas we win ofcourse..

assuming the giants get one wildcard take the out of the pic

so its carolina 8-7

atlanta 7-8

us 7-8

thennn last week carolina lose at NO atlanta beat philly we win

carolina 8-8

atl 8-8

us8-8

soo this sceenerio carolina elimnate atlanta cuz os division record and we elimnate carolina cuz of head 2 head matchup and we r actually in :P very very unlikley but imo a more likely sceerio then hoping atlanta go 1-3 with philly and tb still 2 play ...will be tough really doubt it but u never know....

The fact that we are not in the playoff picture this year in the NFC is absolutely pathetic.

Even if we had won ONE, ONE!! of the games vs minny, atlanta, or tennessee, we would be controlling our own destiny with 4 games left. This is the weakest conference in recent memory, and the fact that we are 4-8 with losses to such weak teams with the talent and coaches we have, is completely unacceptable and pathetic.

I really don't care at this point. I thought they had a chance at running the table but with this loss we're cooked. And as far as playing spoiler, who are we going to spoil? The rest of the NFC East sucks also with maybe the exception of Dallas. Didn't see the late games by the way.

Archived