Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

At 8-8 are paloffs still possible?

desertfox59

Ok, for those Skins fans who hate giving up until you are absolutely forced to (lol), here's one "4 In A Row Or We Don't Go" scenario:

Giants lose to the Cowboys

Eagles lose to the Panthers

Bucs lose to the Steelers

Then next week...

Eagles lose to the Redskins

Giants lose to the Panthers

Falcons lose to the Bucs

49ers lose to the Packers

Rams lose to the Bears

Vikings lose to the Lions

With three games left, that would make it:

Giants 6-7

Falcons 6-7

Redskins 5-8

Vikings 5-8

Eagles 5-8

49ers 5-8

Rams 5-8

Packers 5-8

Another more likely scenario has the Vikings, Falcons and 49ers all winning next weekend, making it:

Falcons 7-6

Giants 6-7

Vikings 6-7

49ers 6-7

Redskins 5-8

Eagles 5-8

Rams 5-8

Ok, for those Skins fans who hate giving up until you are absolutely forced to (lol), here's one "4 In A Row Or We Don't Go" scenario:

Giants lose to the Cowboys

Eagles lose to the Panthers

Bucs lose to the Steelers

Then next week...

Eagles lose to the Redskins

Giants lose to the Panthers

Falcons lose to the Bucs

49ers lose to the Packers

Rams lose to the Bears

Vikings lose to the Lions

With three games left, that would make it:

Giants 6-7

Falcons 6-7

Redskins 5-8

Vikings 5-8

Eagles 5-8

49ers 5-8

Rams 5-8

Packers 5-8

Another more likely scenario has the Vikings, Falcons and 49ers all winning next weekend, making it:

Falcons 7-6

Giants 6-7

Vikings 6-7

49ers 6-7

Redskins 5-8

Eagles 5-8

Rams 5-8

Well all this is bound to happen. HTTR

Califan007 here's too you... :cheers: Thanks for spreading some hope when really needed...:)

The LAST thing I'm ever gonna tell anyone is to not root for the best possible outcome for the team...lol...Now if you say you're gonna sell your home and cash in your kid's college fund in order to place a wad of money on the Skins making the playoffs, well, I'd probably discourage you from being so optimistic lol... :laugh:

I'll ask you the same thing I asked someone else on another thread: Why do you give a rat's ass?

Are you inhaling too much smog today?? or is it the fumes from the fires??

It's stupidity to think that we will make the playoffs so, why bother posting???

Are you inhaling too much smog today?? or is it the fumes from the fires??

It's stupidity to think that we will make the playoffs so, why bother posting???

And again, I'll ask: Why do you give a rat's ass?

Does your life or your happiness take a nosedive as a direct result from any Skins fans wanting to keep tabs on playoff hopes?...Are these your kids posting on this thread and you're simply being a good parent and trying to protect them from emotional harm?...Is your paycheck dependent upon how many Skins fans are no longer interested in playoff talk?

Exactly how does anyone's interest in the playoffs effect you?...Why do you give a rat's ass what anyone else concerns themselves with?

Just curious.

And again, I'll ask: Why do you give a rat's ass?

Does your life or your happiness take a nosedive as a direct result from any Skins fans wanting to keep tabs on playoff hopes?...Are these your kids posting on this thread and you're simply being a good parent and trying to protect them from emotional harm?...Is your paycheck dependent upon how many Skins fans are no longer interested in playoff talk?

Exactly how does anyone's interest in the playoffs effect you?...Why do you give a rat's ass what anyone else concerns themselves with?

Just curious.

It's wishful thinking. More power to the fans who have hope but, they are setting themselves up for a "BIG" "BIG" disappointment. Have at it.....

It's wishful thinking. More power to the fans who have hope but, they are setting themselves up for a "BIG" "BIG" disappointment. Have at it.....

I wouldn't lose any sleep over the thought of any fans still inquirying about playoff possibilities experiencing "BIG BIG" disappointment...because 99% of them are realistic enough to realize it's a miniscule chance that everything fall into place. Besides, we're all grown ups lol...But having that aspect still be a part of their Sundays makes it more enjoyable for some fans...

Count me in for the paloff bandwagon. :wavetowel

Seriously, where's the harm?

Are the playoffs unlikely? Yeah. Are they extremely unlikely? Yeah!

So that means I can't cheer my beloved Redskins on in hopes of four straight wins to finish the season? I have to resign myself to these last four games serving as more experience for Jason Campbell? Well, if he's gonna get that experience no matter what, then why not get it en route to 8-8?

Look at it another way:

Have you ever refused to give up on someone you love? If so, well, that's a real-life situation.

This is a game, folks. It's not life or death, no matter how hard we try to make it that way. And yeah, my head was in my hands plenty of times today as I watched things fall apart, and I was angry, and said some words that I wouldn't use around my kids if I had any, but it's still a game.

My house is still standing, my wife is still healthy and loves me, I'll still have a job tomorrow.

Granted, I watched the game from my home office via a somewhat-choppy Sopcast stream from thousands of miles away, while some of you probably shelled out hundreds of hard-earned dollars to witness it in person, so I can understand your frustration. But everyone knows going in that there's no guarantee of success.

I just don't get the point of pessimism. Realism, of course, is another thing. And realism with a touch of optimism is the best thing.

Are we gonna go 8-8, get some help, and miraculously back our way into the paloffs? Not likely.

But you've gotta cheer for something, no?

As I see it, the alternative would be not caring anymore. And I just don't know how not to care about the Redskins. :logo:

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

Count me in for the paloff bandwagon. :wavetowel

Seriously, where's the harm?

Are the playoffs unlikely? Yeah. Are they extremely unlikely? Yeah!

So that means I can't cheer my beloved Redskins on in hopes of four straight wins to finish the season? I have to resign myself to these last four games serving as more experience for Jason Campbell? Well, if he's gonna get that experience no matter what, then why not get it en route to 8-8?

Look at it another way:

Have you ever refused to give up on someone you love? If so, well, that's a real-life situation.

This is a game, folks. It's not life or death, no matter how hard we try to make it that way. And yeah, my head was in my hands plenty of times today as I watched things fall apart, and I was angry, and said some words that I wouldn't use around my kids if I had any, but it's still a game.

My house is still standing, my wife is still healthy and loves me, I'll still have a job tomorrow.

Granted, I watched the game from my home office via a somewhat-choppy Sopcast stream from thousands of miles away, while some of you probably shelled out hundreds of hard-earned dollars to witness it in person, so I can understand your frustration. But everyone knows going in that there's no guarantee of success.

I just don't get the point of pessimism. Realism, of course, is another thing. And realism with a touch of optimism is the best thing.

Are we gonna go 8-8, get some help, and miraculously back our way into the paloffs? Not likely.

But you've gotta cheer for something, no?

As I see it, the alternative would be not caring anymore. And I just don't know how not to care about the Redskins. :logo:

:applause: :applause: :applause: Well said...:cheers:

I wouldn't lose any sleep over the thought of any fans still inquirying about playoff possibilities experiencing "BIG BIG" disappointment...because 99% of them are realistic enough to realize it's a miniscule chance that everything fall into place. Besides, we're all grown ups lol...But having that aspect still be a part of their Sundays makes it more enjoyable for some fans...

:cheers:

Archived