Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dating Outside Your Race?

RiggoReincarnated

Dude, you don't know what you're missing.

Humans are Humans, but females from different backgrounds, races, nations, etc. Are the spice of life.

Ahhhh, the Cutie who was half Japanese/Half African-American from Western PA was so much fun!

That's a HOOOOOOOOOOT COMBO!!!!

I don't know exactly what your father's ethnic makeup is, but hispanics are not a race. Most people who are classified as "hispanic" are caucasian, although there are hispanics of a variety of backgrounds.

If, for example, a white guy like me married Salma Hayek or Penelope Cruz, that would not be an interracial relationship.

I don't agree with that. There are three races. and they are Black, White and Asian.

How do us Latinos fall up under being Caucasian?? We are closer to Asian or Black than we are White.

How does a Spanish man fall up under being white and an Asian man don't???

I don't agree with that. There are three races. and they are Black, White and Asian.

How do us Latinos fall up under being Caucasian?? We are closer to Asian or Black than we are White.

How does a Spanish man fall up under being white and an Asian man don't???

The Spanish, as well as southern Italians and Greeks, are darker in complexion because of invasion and intermarriage by the Turkish Ottoman Empire in Southern Europe hundreds of years ago. If your ancestors are primarily Spanish, you are primarily caucasian. That said, there are a lot of people from Central and South America who have native ancestry, and some black, from African slaves who ended up in the region. There are even some who are primarily asian that are counted as hispanic because they have lived in Central/South America.

"Hispanic" is an ethnicity, not a race, and many people feel it is an artificial generalization too broad to have any meaning. It mostly has to do with where you come from (Central or South America), and the fact that you speak Spanish, and are more than likely Catholic.

The fact that "Blondie" and Sammy Sosa are both considered hispanic shows how wide the variation is (although I can't say whether it's her natural hair color ;)--still, see a picture of her and you'll know what I mean).

The Spanish, as well as southern Italians and Greeks, are darker in complexion because of invasion and intermarriage by the Turkish Ottoman Empire in Southern Europe hundreds of years ago. If your ancestors are primarily Spanish, you are primarily caucasian. That said, there are a lot of people from Central and South America who have native ancestry, and some black, from African slaves who ended up in the region. There are even some who are primarily asian that are counted as hispanic because they have lived in Central/South America.

"Hispanic" is an ethnicity, not a race, and many people feel it is an artificial generalization too broad to have any meaning. It mostly has to do with where you come from (Central or South America), and the fact that you speak Spanish, and are more than likely Catholic.

The fact that "Blondie" and Sammy Sosa are both considered hispanic shows how wide the variation is (although I can't say whether it's her natural hair color ;)--still, see a picture of her and you'll know what I mean).

Of course it is natural!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yes, Lord. I know.

Tomorrow in church.

;)

Blondie

This is getting off-topic, but here are a couple of attempts at classifications based on biological data from Wikipedia:

This one comes up with four general categories:

Fig.2.3.542pop.jpg

This has African and Asian as the primary distinction, followed by subgroups:

DNAtree.gif

The first one is interesting, because it basically ends up showing the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western hemispheres, which makes sense. The second one is interesting because it show that caucasians and asians are more closely related to each other than either of them are to africans, which seems to make some sense...maybe explains the names cauc-asian and asian. Interesting to think about if you can get past all the emotions.

We are not a race, but that don't mean you (a caucasian) can just claim us off waivers. :doh:

My family has ancestors from Africa, the Philippines as well as South America. There are catholics in Africa that don't make them white and they were invaded by the white man.

Life started from Africa and that is where we all got our color. People who migrated from the equator and closer to the North Pole became pale. Those who migrated mid range has a Spanish tint and Africans have a dark brown to black tint.

Since we are not a race, then whoever we date is not consider interracial relationships, whether they are Black, white or Asian. Fair???

We are not a race, but that don't mean you (a caucasian) can just claim us off waivers. :doh:

My family has ancestors from Africa, the Philippines as well as South America. There are catholics in Africa that don't make them white and they were invaded by the white man.

Life started from Africa and that is where we all got our color. People who migrated from the equator and closer to the North Pole became pale. Those who migrated mid range has a Spanish tint and Africans have a dark brown to black tint.

Since we are not a race, then whoever we date is not consider interracial relationships, whether they are Black, white or Asian. Fair???

All I'm telling you is that if your ancestry is primarily Spanish or European, you are primarily caucasian. That may apply to you, it may not. How you choose to segregate yourself (or not) as a cultural matter is up to you.

As for where human life started, I think there is a general consensus that it was somewhere in SW Asia-- i.e. the "Middle East". Which oddly enough lines up with what it says in the Bible...

Theres 2 kinds of people and yes one group is superior. There are Redskins fans and non Redskins fans. I'll let you decide which is superior. As far as dating goes lifes too short. If you find someone that floats your boat date them. I try not to get caught up in the whole "race" thing. People these days of all races use the race thing as a crutch. And im talking about all races.

Theres 2 kinds of people and yes one group is superior. There are Redskins fans and non Redskins fans. I'll let you decide which is superior. As far as dating goes lifes too short. If you find someone that floats your boat date them. I try not to get caught up in the whole "race" thing. People these days of all races use the race thing as a crutch. And im talking about all races.

Well, said!

It's shocking to read that so many people are set on only dating people of their own race. I'm a white woman who was raised in the "Deep South" but I'm much more open minded than a lot of people. I was married very young to a white man and after divorcing I dated men of all races and ethnicities. For the past 9 years I have dated black men only. It's my preference and not for the reason everyone thinks.

All I'm telling you is that if your ancestry is primarily Spanish or European, you are primarily caucasian. That may apply to you, it may not. How you choose to segregate yourself (or not) as a cultural matter is up to you.

....and all I'm telling you is that my perception as well as the Spanish communities perception is that we all come from Africa and WE don't consider ourselves being of caucasian persuasion. In fact we are standing here laughing because this is the first time we ever heard someone say that. I don't know whether to take it as a insult or a compliment. I will tell you that we would like to have our own race or the perception to others that we are a race; to get rid of all of the absurd generalizations.

As far as the bible was concerned, It has been altered many times and we discuss and debate this weekly in bible study, but most think life began in Africa. I always was taught that you can get any color from the color black, not brown and not white.

It's shocking to read that so many people are set on only dating people of their own race. I'm a white woman who was raised in the "Deep South" but I'm much more open minded than a lot of people. I was married very young to a white man and after divorcing I dated men of all races and ethnicities. For the past 9 years I have dated black men only. It's my preference and not for the reason everyone thinks.

That's good, because just like the rapper with his 31 flavors, I think a non-black woman who goes after a black guy because she wants to find out if the "legends" are true is the lowest form of whore.:) No offense.

....and all I'm telling you is that my perception as well as the Spanish communities perception is that we all come from Africa and WE don't consider ourselves being of caucasian persuasion. In fact we are standing here laughing because this is the first time we ever heard someone say that. I don't know whether to take it as a insult or a compliment. I will tell you that we would like to have our own race or the perception to others that we are a race; to get rid of all of the absurd generalizations.

From Africa? You are very mistaken (even though there are some "hispanics" with african ancestry, they are relatively few). Like I said earlier, there are political forces in the U.S. that would like as many people as possible to view themselves as "minorities", even if they are not. Sounds like you're one who's fallen for the bait.

Shocking that some (not so many to me) have that mindset to me as well. But state your reason or experiences that made you decide your preference. Please and Thank you.

From Africa? You are very mistaken. Like I said earlier, there are political forces in the U.S. that would like as many people as possible to view themselves as "minorities", even if they are not. Sounds like you're one who's fallen for the bait.

Once again your perception is warped. I hope you get it together, so we can move on.

Like I said, insult or compliment, throw me a bone will ya?

Once again your perception is warped. I hope you get it together, so we can move on.

Like I said, insult or compliment, throw me a bone will ya?

I don't even understand what you mean. If you have african ancestry, then you can say that you do. Some "hispanics" do, but most hispanics do not.

Why did you chose a black man over a white man? What is the reason everyone is thinking?? :laugh: :silly:

Archived