Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Romo added to pro bowl ballot

skinsngibbs4life

Newest Dallas Cowboys hero Tony Romo sits to pee wasn't selected in the 2003 NFL college draft. These 13 quarterbacks were (pick in parentheses): Carson Palmer (1), Byron Leftwich (7), Kyle Boller (19), Rex Grossman (22), Dave Ragone (88), Chris Simms (97), Seneca Wallace (110), Brian St. Pierre (Boston College, 163), Drew Henson (192), Brooks Bollinger (200), Kliff Kingsbury (201), Gibran Hamdan (232) and Ken Dorsey (241).

Wow! I guess the draft is an inexact science. :(

McNabb, Smith, Grossman all have had as many or more great games than Romo sits to pee. Even Favre though he had a rough game monday Eli was a several game tear before slipping, something Romo sits to pee could do very easily

As a point of clarification, Rex Grossman has not had one game in which he has thrown for 300 yards. He has had games in which he has posted good numbers but nothing near what Romo sits to pee has done in the 5 games started thus far. Grossman is averaging 217.27 yards per contest thus far. Romo sits to pee is currently averaging 278.8 in games he's started.

Grossman has posted QB Ratings of the following.

GB 98.6

DET 148.0

Min 64.9

Sea 100.5

Buf 101.2

Ari 10.2

SF 137.4

Mia 36.8

NYG 105.7

NYJ 81.4

NE 23.7

For the year, he is at 77.6. Now that is not bad, IMO, for such a young and inexperienced QB but it's not on the same level as Romo sits to pee thus far.

I'm also a very big fan of Alex Smith. More so then probably most but he too falls short in production. Smith has not produced a single 300 yard game and is currently averaging 179.27 yards per game. He has thrown for a total of 1972 yards this season. That's only 316 yard more then Romo sits to pee's 1656 with Smith being the starter the whole season in SF. His QB ratings look like this.

Ari 88.3

Stl 103.0

Phi 84.8

KC 27.4

OAK 120.5

SD 92.7

Chi 51.3

Min 54.7

Det 88.8

Sea 105.9

Stl 50.1

His season QBRT is 75.0. Again, not bad considering his situation but certainly nothing close to what Romo sits to pee has produced in his time as starter.

McNabb I really have no beef over. He's played well right up to his injury. As I said earlier, I believe he has been the best QB in the NFC, up to his injury. He's deserving of consideration IMO. The other two don't hold water IMO. Very good but not in the same class to this point.

He also went 19 for 23 (82.6%) for 226 yards in the Indy game, and beat a previously unbeaten team. That may have had a little something to do with the lack of munching.

And are you really trying to discount his performance against TB????:doh: :doh: :laugh:

Please.

Versus one of the worst in the league?

He didn't beat Indy, the RBs did, on the ground, if you want to put it on players but last I checked football was a team game.

I am not saying he doesn't "deserve" to be in the probowl but he should be on the ballot yes, he just didn't get my vote because of his performances against the teams he has played thus far, he could change my mind though, but not against any teams this year.

Versus one of the worst in the league?

He didn't beat Indy, the RBs did, on the ground, if you want to put it on players but last I checked football was a team game.

I am not saying he doesn't "deserve" to be in the probowl but he should be on the ballot yes, he just didn't get my vote because of his performances against the teams he has played thus far, he could change my mind though, but not against any teams this year.

It's funny how a guy goes out and does exactly what he SHOULD do against what people considered to be bad defensive teams, and people downgrade his performances because of that. What do you want the guy to do to be impressed with him? Complete 100% of passes, throw 6,7 touchdowns and 0 interception PER game? He has done precisely what an elite QB (no, i'm not calling him an elite QB) should have done against these "bad" defenses. And for that, he should get more respect than he's getting.

His name should definitely be in the ballot, but whether he should play in the game or not, I am not sure. Either way, I don't really have a problem with it.

I have no idea who last year's Pro Bowl snubs were, no clue which conference won the game last year, hell I never even watch the game. But yet every year I still get wrapped up reading about Pro Bowl snubs and undeserved invites, all so I can lobby for/against multi million dollar football players to get an all expense paid trip to Hawaii.

Forget the players, let's vote in a fan! :cheers:

Last year, Mike Vick made the pro bowl and he will probably win this year too..

Romo sits to pee will make it as a 3rd or 4th...He won't beat Marc or Drew...He doesn't deserve to get more votes than them.

BREAKDOWN: Jaws on Romo sits to pee...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intelligence:

Romo sits to pee has shown exceptional intelligence early in his career. He quickly deciphers the code that is the opposing defense and rarely seems confused by the different coverages on the field.

Mobility:

Obviously this is one of the reasons why Romo sits to pee was brought into the fold as the starter. The Cowboys don't have the best offensive line so it was believed that he could make plays with his legs. He's done that and more as he holds steady in the pocket and does a fine job of sliding to avoid pressure.

Leadership:

He's very calm and has taken a relaxed approach to leading this team. He realizes that he's a young guy put in a position of extreme importance and he's embraced it without chafing the veteran leadership on the team.

Arm Strength:

I haven't seen him in person so I can't testify to his arm strength, but from what I've seen on tape it's evident that he can make every throw. He hasn't underthrown the deep routes yet and consistently puts the ball in position for his receiver to rack up yards after the catch.

Vision:

It takes 1.5 seconds to complete a three-step drop, so it's vitally important that a quarterback sees the field quickly and decisively. By the time the back foot hits the ground on the last step, a quarterback has to be ready to fire the ball and Romo sits to pee consistently is ready.

BREAKDOWN: Jaws on Romo sits to pee...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intelligence:

Romo sits to pee has shown exceptional intelligence early in his career. He quickly deciphers the code that is the opposing defense and rarely seems confused by the different coverages on the field.

Mobility:

Obviously this is one of the reasons why Romo sits to pee was brought into the fold as the starter. The Cowboys don't have the best offensive line so it was believed that he could make plays with his legs. He's done that and more as he holds steady in the pocket and does a fine job of sliding to avoid pressure.

Leadership:

He's very calm and has taken a relaxed approach to leading this team. He realizes that he's a young guy put in a position of extreme importance and he's embraced it without chafing the veteran leadership on the team.

Arm Strength:

I haven't seen him in person so I can't testify to his arm strength, but from what I've seen on tape it's evident that he can make every throw. He hasn't underthrown the deep routes yet and consistently puts the ball in position for his receiver to rack up yards after the catch.

Vision:

It takes 1.5 seconds to complete a three-step drop, so it's vitally important that a quarterback sees the field quickly and decisively. By the time the back foot hits the ground on the last step, a quarterback has to be ready to fire the ball and Romo sits to pee consistently is ready.

Lets just wait and see how he plays through 16 games.

Lets just wait and see how he plays through 16 games.

It's a shame the majority of the people on this board don't take that same line of thinking when it comes to Campbell... after only TWO games. I've already heard crapola like "He's LIGHT years ahead of Romo sits to pee", etc. Practice what you preach.

Arm Strength:

I didn't think my post even said anything about arm strength, did it?

HEREAFTER, Why are you going to bring up past topics when I'm talking about whether he makes the probowl or not?

I said that Romo sits to pee should be a 3rd or 4th QB...SO your telling me he is better than Brees and Bulger...EVen though, Each doesn't have a good defensive.

Sorry, for the delay, been in stadium for most of week..

Guest RedskinsB40

yea he could be good this year but lets check out Roethlisberger...led the team to a super bowl last year and know he is 4-7..kinda early to say he's the real deal...eh?

yea he could be good this year but lets check out Roethlisberger...led the team to a super bowl last year and know he is 4-7..kinda early to say he's the real deal...eh?

Heck, I'll take a 4-7 year next year with a Super Bowl win this year!!!! :laugh:

The thing about Big Ben though, is he was never really "great." He played in arguably one of the best Defenses in the league. Managed the game.

Heck, I'll take a 4-7 year next year with a Super Bowl win this year!!!! :laugh:

The thing about Big Ben though, is he was never really "great." He played in arguably one of the best Defenses in the league. Managed the game.

and dallas defense sucks???

I can the say same thing about Romo sits to pee.

I didn't think my post even said anything about arm strength, did it?

HEREAFTER, Why are you going to bring up past topics when I'm talking about whether he makes the probowl or not?

I said that Romo sits to pee should be a 3rd or 4th QB...SO your telling me he is better than Brees and Bulger...EVen though, Each doesn't have a good defensive.

Sorry, for the delay, been in stadium for most of week..

I think we were arguing about his deep passes and ability to make every throw. I just wanted to include Jaws perspective.

I think it's fair to say, lets see what he does over sixteen. I mean, some of our own fans say that same thing.

On the other hand, give the guy his due, and let me say that some of you Skinz fans are doing exactly that. Other's, well, it is what it is. If he ends up falling down over sixteen games, then you gotta say you were right. However, I don't see that happening. He doesn't have issues with decision making, mechaniques, nor does he lack talent. I think he's going to end up being succesful but time will eventually tell.

sorry thought it was wrong when they allowed Trotter, samething now

I'd feel the same if they added Campbell

it is suppose to be for an entire season, there is way to know how Romo sits to pee would have done during the Pokes toughest part of the schedule, and if you avg his numbers over the entire 16 games.... not even close to other deserving QB's

McNabb started 10 games..... but he won't be voted in, though he is more deserving

1913 yards 13 TD's in 6.5 games =4708 yrds and 32 TD's when average over 16 games so why is that "not even close"....

1913 yards 13 TD's in 6.5 games =4708 yrds and 32 TD's when average over 16 games so why is that "not even close"....

You've got to understand Bware, Bubba throws a lot of his opinions out there as being fact, when he really hasn't done any research at all. All facts do is confuse him as they fly in the opposite direction of his "reality".

Bubba, I feel your pain. Admitting that a Cowboys qb is good and looks to be a fixture for years to come...well that's hard for us skins fans. But I have to humbly admit that he does deserve to be on the ballot...It's like when cowboys fans say that our 82' superbowl shouldn't count because it was only a 9 game season.

The probowl is about the fans picking the best players to represent their conference in an exhibition game, regardless of how many games they've played...who's the best in the conference?...I believe that it's Drew Brees and Tony Romo sits to pee right now...really can't think of anyone in our conference better than those two.

Archived