Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Good News: This Draft Is Deep With MLBs

method man

Last year???

He started last year the whole year. Even in his rookie season, he came off the bench for 3-4 games and then started the rest of the way. Don't know where you got that from.

Actually he started in week seven and he saw limited playing time during those first six games, but that's besides the point. We DO NOT play them early enough for them to make a difference early. I remeber everyone here beggin last year to "play Carlos Rogers" and a bunch of GW bashing because he didn't. Just think it took a 3-7 record and a pick 6 last week to yank 37 year old Scott Brunell. :doh:

We have a first round pick for this April's draft.

And that's only a high pick if the Broncos continue to excell and we continue to tank cause if not they get our pick and we take theres. But just to throw it out there puzlunsky from PSU looks goods as a late 1st/early 2nd rounder.

Puz is probably going to be the first LB taken and he is probably a better fit as a OLB.

Maybe, I also think Laurenitis from OSU might be a sleeper. Riminds me of a Zach Thomas type. Good motor and hussles. May not be a superstar but when your dad was a "Road Warrior" that has to count for something.

Puz is probably going to be the first LB taken and he is probably a better fit as a OLB.

You know something, you're probably right. "With the 6th-10th pick in the 2007 draft, the Washington Redskins select Puzlunsky from Penn State University." Dude remember we'' most likely have a top ten pick considering we win the most of the tiebreakers cause we have lost to the sorriest teams, like Tampa, Tennessee, Minnesota, after Mcnabb got hurt, Philadelphia, plus we still have six games left. It surprise me if we were in the top five.

Call me crazy but I think we should take the best DB in the country. I thought the guy from Michigan was special but not so sure now after last weeks "Championship" game but we should definitely take a corner or a Free Safety. Preferably Free Safety, so Taylor can play the SS position. I think he is better suited there. He's good in coverage, but not great.

I'm hoping to see us take either a DT or DE in the draft. Our current d-line cannot create any pressure whatsoever. Griffin and Daniels have proven to be good when healthy.

A tough front four makes the entire defense better. LBs don't get blocked out of running plays as much, and consistent pressure will make our secondary instantly better.

As much as I'd love to see a pass rushing DE be taken, I would actually prefer to draft a monster DT that can get pressure up the middle and command constant double teams.

We need a stud DT more than an MLB. Granted, Marshall ain't getting it done. But you have a big time FA in Washington and a 2nd round pick on Rocky. LB's are very dependent on their lines. If the o-line has the luxury of getting out on LB's then you're gonna be in big trouble. Even Urlacher. A stud DT that can collapse a pocket would command a constant double-team and give the MLB a more favorable matchup; vs FB or TE.

Besides, the way GW deals with skills players it would be a year before we saw the kid play. Rocky can't even get in as a Weakside LB.

I'd rather have a stud DE than a DT. But, we do need that MLB, as well.

MLB is only as good as the guy's in front of him. Why do I say this? Ray Lewis was complaining after last year that his play dropped due to a lack of big bodies in front of him. The Ravens drafted Ngata and Lewis is back to being a force. A rookie CAN make a difference. Did you hear that FO and Williams?

You know something, you're probably right. "With the 6th-10th pick in the 2007 draft, the Washington Redskins select Puzlunsky from Penn State University." Dude remember we'' most likely have a top ten pick considering we win the most of the tiebreakers cause we have lost to the sorriest teams, like Tampa, Tennessee, Minnesota, after Mcnabb got hurt, Philadelphia, plus we still have six games left. It surprise me if we were in the top five.

Currently our pick is fifth or sixth. Tiebreakers are not decided by who beat who, they're decided by difficulty of schedule (opponents combined winning percentage), if your schedule was easier than the team you're tied with in terms of record, you win the tiebreaker and get the higher pick. I believe right now our schedule difficulty ranks us either tops or second among all the 3 win teams in line so we're doing okay on the tiebreaker for now, but it evolves as the season goes forward.

If Gibbs uses his head for once in the draft and decides to trade down so that we can get ourselves two starters (by trading our top 5 pick down to around no. 8 and picking up a 2nd along the way), we can get Marshall's replacement in the draft. Some of the excellent MLBs in the draft include Willis (1st rounder), Buster Davis (1st rounder), Posluszny (1st rounder), HB Blades (late 1st/early 2nd), and David Harris (2nd rounder).

The bad news is that the Skins may draft one of these guys and they're going to ride the pine just like McIntosh.

I started a thread yesterday about Posluszny...

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181279&highlight=Posluszny

According to Jack Ham, he's the best linebacker to ever play at Penn State, and that's saying something. The kid is fundamentally sound, flies to the football, tackles like a pro, and is always in the right position...plus, playing MLB this year (as opposed to OLB previously in his PSU career) gave him valuable experience at both spots...

Bring the kid to D.C. I think he'd be a coach's dream.

We need a big defensive tackle?

This is the type of logic I don't get here. Everyoen is up in arms about building through the draft adn now we have 2 rookie DT''s with size who have shown some promise and upside. Yet we still have people who want an immediate upgrade at tackle. Don't you realize Montgomery and Golston are developing?? You just have to show some patience.....Plus with Griffin and Big Joe we are pretty deep at tackle.

there is no way that posluszny is the first LB taken...IMO, he got a gift by being nominated for the Butkus award this past season.....I could even see Poz going in the middle/late first round....like the thread starter said, this is a DEEP draft for MLB's...and I would think that guys like Willis and Buster Davis would go ahead of #31....if the skins don't get a good pass rushing DE with thier first selection, I would love to see Buster Davis in a redskins Uni next season...dude is undersized, but he reminds me of a variant Sam Mills...kid is built like a tank, and I think he could have a much bigger impact that Posluszny in the NFL....there is something about Davis that I think he will have a nice career on the next level...not to take anything away from Posluszny, but I just don't see how he could possibly be a top 10 pick this season...I can't wait for the Indy combine...that is where you will see guys like him exposed...

We need a big defensive tackle?

This is the type of logic I don't get here. Everyoen is up in arms about building through the draft adn now we have 2 rookie DT''s with size who have shown some promise and upside. Yet we still have people who want an immediate upgrade at tackle. Don't you realize Montgomery and Golston are developing?? You just have to show some patience.....Plus with Griffin and Big Joe we are pretty deep at tackle.

Sure, why wouldn't we need a DT such as Alan Branch? I've seen very little upside from Montgomery and Golston. (That Tennessee game was pathetic) They can develop as backups and I sure would not count on either as future starters. Griffin and Salava'e have been banged up the last two years and will both be over 30 next year.

there is no way that posluszny is the first LB taken...IMO, he got a gift by being nominated for the Butkus award this past season.....I could even see Poz going in the middle/late first round....like the thread starter said, this is a DEEP draft for MLB's...and I would think that guys like Willis and Buster Davis would go ahead of #31....if the skins don't get a good pass rushing DE with thier first selection, I would love to see Buster Davis in a redskins Uni next season...dude is undersized, but he reminds me of a variant Sam Mills...kid is built like a tank, and I think he could have a much bigger impact that Posluszny in the NFL....there is something about Davis that I think he will have a nice career on the next level...not to take anything away from Posluszny, but I just don't see how he could possibly be a top 10 pick this season...I can't wait for the Indy combine...that is where you will see guys like him exposed...

Well...I really doubt any LB is going to be taken top 10 in this draft.

Sure, why wouldn't we need a DT such as Alan Branch? I've seen very little upside from Montgomery and Golston. (That Tennessee game was pathetic) They can develop as backups and I sure would not count on either as future starters. Griffin and Salava'e have been banged up the last two years and will both be over 30 next year.

Because when you use the draft players don't come in and just dominate. They take time to develop. A lot of players who become starters 2-3 years into their career start the same way Golston and Montgomery have. Then 2-3 years down the road we sit here complaining about our FO and compliment them on being "great" organizations for how they build. This is how its done and at least at one position we have taken steps in the right direction through the draft. DT is definitely not the problem here and could develop into a strength. Sure the Titans ran well against us and even up the gut, but they also punded us on the edges when our outside backers over committed.

Because when you use the draft players don't come in and just dominate. They take time to develop. A lot of players who become starters 2-3 years into their career start the same way Golston and Montgomery have. Then 2-3 years down the road we sit here complaining about our FO and compliment them on being "great" organizations for how they build. This is how its done and at least at one position we have taken steps in the right direction through the draft. DT is definitely not the problem here and could develop into a strength. Sure the Titans ran well against us and even up the gut, but they also punded us on the edges when our outside backers over committed.

Well then I guess we will have to disagree because I think DT is a problem. Even if either Golston or Motgomery develop into a starter, the team could still use another DT in the future.

Archived