Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What about David Patten making the roster in 2007?

Conejo

There are many things wrong with this team, I'm trying to gather people's perception on small personal moves that's why I zeroed in on David Patten.

What is everyone's opinion about David Patten?

His stats for 2006 are as follows ...

4 games played 1 catch for 25 yards.

We have to give him credit for making a real nice catch, but it was only ONE catch. How did he even get injured when he doesn't play that much? Does he even play special teams? What a waste of a roster spot, we would be better of with an everydown special teams player. We should have given Farris (SP) or those other young WR a chance.

I think Gibbs gave DP a chance because he wanted a veteren WR leadership if any WRs got injured. This is what happened, with Moss going down, but where was Patten?

C-ya David, thanks for the ONE memory this year.

:cheers:

I think Gibbs gave DP a chance because he wanted a veteren WR leadership if any WRs got injured. This is what happened, with Moss going down, but where was Patten?

Unfortunately, he's been hurt.

From looking at his cap numbers, I have a feeling that he's going to get cut in the offseason. It looks like he has some roster bonuses coming up, and it won't make sense to keep him. If the numbers are right, we'd probably save $2m in cap space by parting with him.

Jason

The problem I have with Patten is that he was the one complaining publicly about the acquisitions of Randle El and Lloyd. With the injury of Moss and the ineffectiveness of Lloyd, Patten has his chance to step up and make a statement but no he keeps ruling himself out. I realize injuries happen, but this is the NFL and everyone is hurting.

The problem I have with Patten is that he was the one complaining publicly about the acquisitions of Randle El and Lloyd. With the injury of Moss and the ineffectiveness of Lloyd, Patten has his chance to step up and make a statement but no he keeps ruling himself out. I realize injuries happen, but this is the NFL and everyone is hurting.

That my friend is right on the money.:cheers:

We need to part ways with David and replace him with Espy or some other young talent. I don't think Espy is going to be as good of a player immediately as David (although much healthier) but he has a chance to develop. As a #5 reciever he doesn't need to be Jerry Rice. Hell he doesn't need to be James Thrash. If he can play teams and provide depth then thats enough.

No matter who we replace Patten with it's time to part ways and save some money. I just hope we don't replace him with someone equally or more expensive.

Archived