Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone watching tonight's game SD vs Denver

RedskinWill

Notice what a great RB does for a young QB. It takes the pressure of Phillip Rivers, which in actuality will make him a better QB. We need a player like that on this team. LT does it all and is very durable. Probably the most durable back in the NFL. It just seems to me guys, that portis is always hurt and can't handle the load. Do you guys think that CP is a Gibbs type back? I sure don't.

Portis is a selfish player.HE keeps saying (in interviews) how his attitude has changed this year and he just wants to be part of the team but then his actions speak differently; pulling himself out of games, griping and whining, questioning whether he is the right guy for the offense. Well I will answer his question and your's by saying. "NO!" He is not a Gibb's RB.

I used to think he was but have now changed my mind.

Portis is a top 5 back in the nfl. What are you talking about. Portis when 100% is almost as good as LT.

Now Now he (portis)is great but he is not as good as LT. There in no RB right now in the NFL who is near him... He has the moves of barry sanders the speed of portis and the power of willie parker...

I love Portis... I think he is a great RB... I think his frusrations with his injuries prohibiting him being at his best have caused him the most problems of any. I think he is the guy for our offense at RB. Our team is rebuilding and the teammates will rally around it.

Honestly, I could care less about any other part of this team than the defense right now. They are pretty horrible and a lot of it has a lot to do with fundamentals. I think our offense is set...from what I saw of Campbell today, I have high hopes. We need some young guys on defense on the line and probably a cornerback who doesn't have the names "toast and cushion."

Notice what a great RB does for a young QB. It takes the pressure of Phillip Rivers, which in actuality will make him a better QB. We need a player like that on this team. LT does it all and is very durable. Probably the most durable back in the NFL. It just seems to me guys, that portis is always hurt and can't handle the load. Do you guys think that CP is a Gibbs type back? I sure don't.

That's ridiculous. Portis is a great back and this is his first year with a serious injury that put him out. He's our franchise back for years to come.

I got LT on my fantasy team. Needless to say, I've kicked ass for the past 4 weeks.

You were a lot smarter than I was. I had the top pick and selected Alexander. Needless to say, my ass has been kicked for the past 6 weeks b/c I have Green and Dillon in now. Never again. As long as LT has legs I will never again make the mistake of not selecting him.

Portis (to me) is definitely NOT a "Gibbs type" back. Any time you take a player and ask him to change his style of play (a style that made him what he is...or was) in order to fit your style of play, I'd say that he isn't your "type" of player.

Everyone forgets that Portis carried us to the playoffs last year. 5 straight 100 yard games to end the year. Now he's absolute garbage. :doh:

LT is just one of a kind. You don't find RBs like that anywhere. And the Chargers success has to do more with great QB play. The Chargers didn't become a playoff contender until Drew Brees broke out, and now Phil Rivers is playing great and they're legit...

notice they stayed with the gameplan aswell when they were down 24-7

Great game. Love what Marty has done with that team, just took a little time. Loved those holes that O-line gives L.T., heck or even the hole M. Bell gets, kind of makes ya a little envious. But then again the holes provided by Denver's O-line have been there for what 10 + years. Kind of makes me wonder what's going on besides stability. Is it the wheaties, the water, or maybe the line coach, well who knows...

Archived