Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is this the biggest bust of a team ever assembled?

forbeskin

Considering how much money they've spent on the coaching staff (highest in the NFL), free agents, and other players. Could this be the highest paid bust in NFL history or even sports history? I cannot think of another team. Don't say the Yankees, at least they make the playoffs.

Best sig in the history of the internet

At least Deion had a few picks and had a big OT punt return that set up an early season victory.

At least George had a good game that led us to a key late season MNF win on the road against the Rams.

What have any of these schmoes we signed in this offseason done?

Agreed and to add to that, Bruce Smith had 10 sacks that year including 3 in that same MNF game against the Rams including a safety.

This season is a much bigger disappointment.

By a mile

Can anyone here name a team that has spent more than the Redskins on free agents and then had a record of 3-7? Didn't think so. Yup, we are the biggest bust. Shame on Dan Snyder for not learning from the past. Wake up dude.

He won't,

Expensive free agents sell jerseys

Highly paid assistant coaches bring publicity.

Man, I dread the off season already. :doh:

Smoot, Pierce, Lavar, and Clark never should have left. Especially Pierce and Clark. Those were core guys and we would be so much better with them. ST and Clark would be a killer safety duo just like last year. They were best friends! Lavar and Smoot would still be nice to have especially Smoot, b/c our CBs get beat to much. Springs, Rogers and Smooty would be a nice group. And so would MW, Marshall and Pierce. Pierce would play at MLB, Lemar would get to move back to weakside ROLB, and MW would play LOLB. We'd be sick!

Now we have Adam BUST-uletta our pass d stinks. Carter is coming along, as well as B.Lloyd and Randle-El, but with Moss and Portis out, I think we'd be better if they were playing. So we aren't a bust team yet. Maybe if Campbell started the whole year the results would be different.

Very true, we need clark back!

its been like that since Snyder has been spending on the real "Fantasy Teams"

Unfortunately that will never change. You have to learn to either:

A) accept it as the sign of an owner who likes to be in control

B) embrace it and call him "Mr. Snyder"

C) say the heck with it and go root for the Cardinals

I chose A. I can't say I'm embracing it and I sure as heck don't want to root for another team.

You know, maybe this is Snyder's plan after all. Maybe he truly doesn't care about winning, but only about making money. (Funny how we are the leagues money maker with such a dismal decade of seasons.) Look what happens every off season, he spends bucko bucks on players that are supposed to be play makers and game changers. Every off season we get excited and foolishly spend all of our hard earnings on tickets and merchandise, thinking this is finally the year. He leads us to believe year in and year out, this year the skins will be good, this year we'll show those media types, but only to falter and fizzle away. But wait, there's next year, there's next off season, we'll spend twice as much and get those premier free agents. Look it's a repetitive cycle that continues to happen each and every year and we continually fall for it. I think last year was a fluke because we actually had the one thing that Snyder's money couldn't buy: continuity and stability. Just my thoughts...........

2000 was a huge bust...but what about the collapse in 1996 when we started out 7-1 with mike nolan's "bend but don't break" defense and missed the playoffs?

I remember that well. I promise that only the Redskins could find a way to lose it all after going 7-1.

But this year's team effin sucks. I don't know why either we have so many good players. It is so hard to be a redskin fan. I mean it is really hard. God it is so hard sometimes. Every year same **** happens. I wish we had a FO like the Eagles. Well now that we are officially done for the year football all together becomes less entertaining. I mean I have no one to root for anymore. I will root for the skins but it won't mean as much.

Go Bengals!!!! I guess:doh:

Biggest weakness of 2000: lack of kicking game.

Biggest weakness of 2006: this team sucks.

LOL. Yeah the 2000 team was actually a good kicker from 11-5 or so. This team is a good DL, good run blocking OL, good experienced QB,and kicker from being a winner.

I remember a very expensive Orioles team really sucking for years in the 90's though. This team can still change everything next year and do a lot better, or continue the suckfest.

You know, maybe this is Snyder's plan after all. Maybe he truly doesn't care about winning, but only about making money. (Funny how we are the leagues money maker with such a dismal decade of seasons.) Look what happens every off season, he spends bucko bucks on players that are supposed to be play makers and game changers. Every off season we get excited and foolishly spend all of our hard earnings on tickets and merchandise, thinking this is finally the year. He leads us to believe year in and year out, this year the skins will be good, this year we'll show those media types, but only to falter and fizzle away. But wait, there's next year, there's next off season, we'll spend twice as much and get those premier free agents. Look it's a repetitive cycle that continues to happen each and every year and we continually fall for it. I think last year was a fluke because we actually had the one thing that Snyder's money couldn't buy: continuity and stability. Just my thoughts...........

I wouldn't be surprised if Synder didn't care about this team and he only cared about money. If your suggestion is right then we Redskin fans are the dumbest sportsfans in history. But we will keep giving money to Snyder til the day he dies.

Considering how much money they've spent on the coaching staff (highest in the NFL), free agents, and other players. Could this be the highest paid bust in NFL history or even sports history? I cannot think of another team. Don't say the Yankees, at least they make the playoffs.

That I have ever seen.

Archived