Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is this the biggest bust of a team ever assembled?

forbeskin

Considering how much money they've spent on the coaching staff (highest in the NFL), free agents, and other players. Could this be the highest paid bust in NFL history or even sports history? I cannot think of another team. Don't say the Yankees, at least they make the playoffs.

Smoot, Pierce, Lavar, and Clark never should have left. Especially Pierce and Clark. Those were core guys and we would be so much better with them. ST and Clark would be a killer safety duo just like last year. They were best friends! Lavar and Smoot would still be nice to have especially Smoot, b/c our CBs get beat to much. Springs, Rogers and Smooty would be a nice group. And so would MW, Marshall and Pierce. Pierce would play at MLB, Lemar would get to move back to weakside ROLB, and MW would play LOLB. We'd be sick!

Now we have Adam BUST-uletta our pass d stinks. Carter is coming along, as well as B.Lloyd and Randle-El, but with Moss and Portis out, I think we'd be better if they were playing. So we aren't a bust team yet. Maybe if Campbell started the whole year the results would be different.

I told all of you so, as my post from 8/29/06 will attest.

We need to face it, this is going to be an ugly season

Well, where I should I start? We have a starting quarterback that obviously can't get it done. Brunell was totally inept in the two playoff games and if the Redskins had just a decent QB against the Seahawks they would have won and went on to the NFC championship. Seattle was almost giving the game away. Mark Brunell shouldn't even be on this team and having Todd Collins is a joke. Maybe Jason Campbell is the future but if he is they need to find that out now. The best player on the team is out indefinetly and the same goes for one of the best players on the defense. And yet again we have a group of free agent additions that are overhyped and underachieving. Look at this group and tell me who will be in the pro bowl in the next three years, what a joke! We all know that T.O. is going to be better than our two free agent WR's. We all know Darren Howard is better than Andre Carter. This is going to be another season beginning with high hopes and ending with huge disappointment. The Redskins need to hire a good GM and start the process of building a team. I hate to say this, but the Redskins will not be in the playoffs this year. Their record will be around 6-10 this year. Face it, the handwriting is on the wall.

How many times does trying to buy a championship actually work??? Not many and it won`t happen here. You need a solid foundation of core players and players that know and accept their roles. It starts at the top with our owner. It`s not a fantasy football team.I`ve said it before, when the Redskins measure their sucess in Nov., Dec., Jan. and Feb. instead of the first few hours of free agency, we will reclaim the glory days again at the top of the NFL!!!!:point2sky :cheers: :point2sky

Vegas had the Skins as odds on favorites to win it all before the 2000 season. There was no doubt in my mind they were going all the way that year. Plus, (beleive it or not) that FA class that year was bigger busts than this year! Carrier? Smith? George? Deion?

Don't get me wrong, this year is a close second, but for me 2000 was the most dissapointing year in Skins history.

Considering how much money they've spent on the coaching staff (highest in the NFL), free agents, and other players. Could this be the highest paid bust in NFL history or even sports history? I cannot think of another team. Don't say the Yankees, at least they make the playoffs.

I cant read your post that damn sig wont let me.;)

2000 was a huge bust...but what about the collapse in 1996 when we started out 7-1 with mike nolan's "bend but don't break" defense and missed the playoffs?

The collapse in '96 was bad but the team ended up at 9-7 and looked to be trending upward after 3-13 and 6-10 in Turner's first two seasons. If anything the '97 season was the big disappointment under Turner, as we stayed stagnant at 8-7-1.

The 2000 team was 6-2 at one point and you can legitmately point to several games late in the season where the presence of a reliable FG kicker might've had us at 9-4 going into the last 3 games instead of 7-6 at the point Norv was fired.

The 2006 team has been hardly competitive in the majority of its losses. From an offense that can't score a damn TD in three divisional road games to a defense that can't pick up the slack to take pressure off a QB making his first NFL start, this team is one big bust all around.

Speaking of Mike Nolan and Norv Turner, having the Niners at 5-5 isn't too shabby.

I don't know, I just cannot think of any other team in sports history that has so much money invested into it but sucks this bad. I could understand if we were in rebuilding mode, but this team was put together to make a serious push for the superbowl. I don't even see us making .500%. (I might add that the 49ers are now .500%.)

In terms of Redskins history, absolutely. At some point today Vernon Fox replaced the injured Troy Vincent, how ridiculous is that? Altogether I think Archuletta played less than 10 snaps.

I was going to post this. How ridiculous is that?

Your 30 million dollar safety can't even get on the field to replace the 36 year old that replaced him.

This is right up their with the 2000 team, Bruce, Deion and Jeff.

I'm going to have to break the scotch out to repress those memories.

Archived