Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

QB Thread - ***WARNING*** Man Crushes Are Abundant Here : )

TK

I dont think anyone who has said he was mediocre, or the Brunell could have done well are Redksins fans. They must be Dallas fans or something.

I thought being a Redskin fan makes you smart by default. Guess I was wrong. That was a brilliant start. I am very excited for the future. If the defense could have put the ball back in hands more, we win hands down. Starting rb-out, #1 receiver- out. First start on the road with an offense that cant block (remember that Brunell lovers?), and he proceeds to throw two brilliant touchdowns, no interceptions, and shows enormous presence on the field.

The one play where the defensive guy had a hold of him and he slipped it, then threw 15yds downfield was a thing of beauty. Brunell has wet dreams that he could make that play. I give Campbell a very strong A- for the day. As he gets more comfortable he is going to be crazy good.

Wow, I mean seriously... wow. Yeah, I was comparing him to Peyton Manning, right... Give me a break. I was just saying to say that he was inaccurate because of a couple of misfires is silly.

Here- I'll put it in terms that you won't misunderstand.

No QBs always put the pass on target, even Peyton Manning.

Accusing me of comparing him to Manning- seriously dude, you missed the point.

I watched the game, and I even re-watched parts of it to look specifically at how Campbell did. His passes were all over the place. Sorry.

That was a brilliant start. I am very excited for the future. If the defense could have put the ball back in hands more, we win hands down. Starting rb-out, #1 receiver- out. First start on the road with an offense that cant block (remember that Brunell lovers?), and he proceeds to throw two brilliant touchdowns, no interceptions, and shows enormous presence on the field.

Look up the word "hyperbole" in the dictionary...what exactly was "brilliant" about the first TD? It was a dump-off. The second one was brilliant...on Yoder's part. Did we just sign him? He used to play for TB.

I dont think anyone who has said he was mediocre, or the Brunell could have done well are Redksins fans. They must be Dallas fans or something.

I thought being a Redskin fan makes you smart by default. Guess I was wrong. That was a brilliant start. I am very excited for the future. If the defense could have put the ball back in hands more, we win hands down. Starting rb-out, #1 receiver- out. First start on the road with an offense that cant block (remember that Brunell lovers?), and he proceeds to throw two brilliant touchdowns, no interceptions, and shows enormous presence on the field.

The one play where the defensive guy had a hold of him and he slipped it, then threw 15yds downfield was a thing of beauty. Brunell has wet dreams that he could make that play. I give Campbell a very strong A- for the day. As he gets more comfortable he is going to be crazy good.

Dont bother arguing with AJ he disagreed with the Campbell pick and he will still be insisting he was a bust if he wins the superbowl to defend his original opinion.

Yeah 7 different receivers and he threw into the endzone. I can see why a Brunell-homer would call that all-over the place.

Too high, too low, and a bunch of overthrows deep where there was no chance for a reception. I'm not a Brunell homer by a long shot...what I am is fed up with this team, and I'm definitely not going to try to fool myself into any more hope for "next year" (it's always "next year") by pretending Campbell was better than he actually was.

The pass that was almost picked in the end zone, and the head scratcher where he threw the ball to the umpire, to name two.

I don't know who you are, so I guess it's a sign of my greatness that you feel the need to talk smack to me. There are a lot of elements that go into playing QB, but I think most people would agree the main skill is throwing the football. Campbell did not throw the football well at all today. If you happen to have the game taped or Tivo-ed, go back and run through his passes. I would say at least 50% were off-target to one degree or another. A number of those were caught by receivers cleaning it up, but they were forced to adjust such that they had to immediately go to the ground after they caught it-- or in the case of Brandon Lloyd, almost had their back broken because he hung them out high to get killed by a defender.

WOW, just wow. Did you stop to think that the throw in the endzone was on purpose? It was a beautiful throw, not a real smart throw, but he put it where noone could get it but our guy. He did NOT throw it on purpose to official- he threw it to his receiver who alligator armed it because he saw the ref. Easily catchable ball. Brunell was infamous for hanging throws that got our receivers killed. I am not going to read any more of your posts because you are ridiculous sir.

DAMN WE ALREADY HAVE CAMPBELL HATERS!!! If he becomes everything we have needed in a QB and accomplish things like division titles and playoff runs are you still gonna be hating him? Support your Redskins or get the #^%$ off of the computer. Dont be the pessimistic fan that gets smacked at the bar. Come to washington Ill wear a skins glove

Too high, too low, and a bunch of overthrows deep where there was no chance for a reception. I'm not a Brunell homer by a long shot...what I am is fed up with this team, and I'm definitely not going to try to fool myself into any more hope for "next year" (it's always "next year") by pretending Campbell was better than he actually was.

Then stop being a skins fan. The chargers are having a great year here is the link.http://www.chargers.com/

Most people did not say he would be much better than Brunell in his first game, but he could not be any worse. In fact, by most counts he was better and he certainly wasnt worse so they were correct.

Still defending Brunell?

Did I miss the game where Brunell played the Bucs today?

Anyway, I suspected that fans would give Campbell some slack.

My point is that all of the sudden the blame game (from Brunell bashers) has shifted away from the QB, just when we find out that it really wasn't entirely the QB's fault in the first place.

I feel bad for Campbell, because the day Skin fans turn on him will not be too far away.

Then stop being a skins fan. The chargers are having a great year here is the link.http://www.chargers.com/

I do think firing Marty for Spurrier was right up there in bone-head moves with Deion and Jeff George, but I'm not going to pick another team. Football as a whole is starting to wear thin for me though, I have to admit...and probably the biggest reason is the number of commercials. They even ruin the game in the stadium because the play stops for all the "TV timeouts". Ten minutes of commercials, punt, ten more minutes of commercials. It's a joke.

You can't be this dumb. You just can't. Something tells me you're just looking for attention again.

You'll have to forgive AJ. His heart still "pines" for one Patrick Ramsey and he'll always hold a grudge against this team and whoever it's QB is because of the perceived injustice that was bestowed upon his hero, Ramsey.

Did I miss the game where Brunell played the Bucs today?

Anyway, I suspected that fans would give Campbell some slack.

My point is that all of the sudden the blame game (from Brunell bashers) has shifted away from the QB, just when we find out that it really wasn't entirely the QB's fault in the first place.

I feel bad for Campbell, because the day Skin fans turn on him will not be too far away.

Unfortunately, this is true. BUT, instead of downplaying what campbell has done, or might grow to become, and still defending brunell, why not just have faith and if people are excited let them be excited. why S%#& on their day? it pointless

You'll have to forgive AJ. His heart still "pines" for one Patrick Ramsey and he'll always hold a grudge against this team and whoever it's QB is because of the perceived injustice that was bestowed upon his hero, Ramsey.

I should point out that I was equally, and perhaps even more pi**ed when Snyder canned Schottenheimer after he went 8-3 to finish the season. I was seriously ready to jump ship on a moment's notice until Gibbs came back. Then last year, Gibbs pulls the same kind of malicious backstab on Ramsey, who I think had considerably more potential than Campbell does. This team keeps doing things that make it hard for me to root for them, chief among those being constant losing.

JC was the only positive i saw today, so it is what it is. This team has alot of improving to do.

Maybe they were trying as hard as they can. And it wasn't enough.

If that is truely the case than I am really worried. If that's the best this team can do now, then we are in for some rough years to come. A young QB, great as he can be, can only do so much on his own. :logo:

Archived