Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

QB Thread - ***WARNING*** Man Crushes Are Abundant Here : )

TK

With JC's performance this past week being pretty much as expected other then a win..Kinda makes me wonder even more about Gibbs and the control he has on this team, or maybe the lack of it.. All of us saw JC out there, now none of you couldnt tell me that he could not have played just as well this entire season. Meaning that it kinda makes me upset at Gibbs for not playing him alot sooner. I definately think that with his talent he could have been our number 1 QB this entire season with a full preseason, and I know for a fact that we would not be no 3-7.......:logo: :helmet:

HTTR... "IF YOUR NOT A SKINS FAN, YOU WOULD'NT UNDERSTAND"

I agree. I think we would atleast be 5-5 with a shot at the wilcard if he would have started JC.

Funny how your comments about Campbell quickly turn to the Skin's Defense.:doh:

If Brunell put up 17 points, all of you would be pissed!

BS. On the road against a team that beat the Eagles and played the Panthers down to the wire 17 points should have been enough to win the game considering they are starting a 6th round draft choice QB. In addition two plays won them the game. That fluke TD pass that at the very least should have been 4th down and Betts fumbling the ball. Granted we got a INT when they were down there to score.

Point I am making here is with the type of D the Bucs played Brunell would have been lucky if he gotten us 6 points.

Great argument...if Moss plays.

You're damn right we're going to complain. Why couldn't your "kid" get us a win? How many excuses does he need? If he's soooooo much better than Brunell, where are the points? Where are the big plays?

Oh wait, everyone around him sucks! Could that be the reason why they're now 3-7? By your standards though, it was the QB that cost us 6 losses.

Honeslty dude get some glasses. You talk about big plays? Lets start with the fact that the offense had the ball oh I don't know for about a 1/4 of the ENTIRE game. Second lets just say Jason is the QB throwing the ball so that kind of eliminates where he actualy also catches the ball. That first throw to Lloyd should have been caught. No go ahead and tell me how Brunell makes this throw. :laugh: please make me laugh.

Then we have both of the TDs. First of all we know Brunell would never ever complete a pass on the RIGHT side of the field scrambling and second in the second TD he gets sacked or the ball is thrown away. NO WAY you can tell me with a straight face he completes a ball with a defender in his face, of his back foot throwing a bullet 20 yards in the air.

Why don't you go back and tell me how many games Brunell won for us in the 2-1/2 seasons he has played for us with the same amount of running yards and time of possecion we had against Tampa....I tell you don't bother. NONE. ZERO. ZIP. Brunell was by far the biggest mistake Gibbs did in his comeback. BY FAR.

Hey MAB,

Just a couple of things...

We actually scored in the 3rd quarter and TOOK the lead. We ACTUALLY took a 10-3 lead...with CAMPBELL at the helm. Could Brunell do that? HELL NO. Did he have the chance? Plenty of times. 10-12 straight games Brunell didn't have a TD in the third quarter. We would have gone 3 and out if Brunell was the QB, like usual. What does Campbell do...?

Comes out in the 2nd half and helps the Skins take a 10-3 lead, which the DEFENSE freakin gives away in no time.

2nd. IT WAS HIS 1st GAME!

Brunells like a 50 year vet. He's washed up. He isn't mobile. He USED to be good. Now he's a good back-up. Can he throw? YES. Does he throw. NO! Why...I have no clue.

You're actually comparing a QBs 1st START to an experienced vets and dismissing all the postiives he had by saying Brunell would have done the same. WTF? The point is Brunell NEEDED to do better...he should have gotten us 3-4 tds a game with our offense but he freakin gets us 3 vs the Gmen, 3 vs the Eagles and 3 (no d tds) vs the Girls! WTH. Campbell COULD do that...

What you're saying is ludacris! Brunell was expected to do GREAT this year because he's experienced but he didn't prove anything. All he proved was he's a washed up, immobile, slow QB!

Campbell is the OPPOSITE of that...please for the sake of your health UNDERSTAND that...

I didn't say he was horrible. He needed to hit that easy pass to Randle El in the 4th and didn't. He had some passes that were 5 yards off. He hasn't played, but is still a professional quarterback. Since he did miss open receivers, I think he did look like Brunell in that aspect. In JC's defense, he only had a few chances on the field since the D camped out on the field all day.

The finish of the game was mop up time. The game was not in question.

He also short hops WAY too many passes. He did that in the pre-season as well. I personally do not see a rocket arm on him, but time will tell.

Mark? Joe? Is that EITHER (or, BOTH) of You?!? WTF?!? :doh:

Funny how your comments about Campbell quickly turn to the Skin's Defense.:doh:

If Brunell put up 17 points, all of you would be pissed!

That 'Fossil', Brunell, has a 14-YEAR 'Head-Start' on Jason, which renders '17-points by him' UNACCEPTABLE!?! :mad:

And, it WAS the fault of the Defense ('Big-Plays' in both the Run & Pass) as to WHY we lost... :doh:

Mark? Joe? Is that EITHER (or, BOTH) of You?!? WTF?!? :doh:

It's sad how many stupid fans the Skins have, and how many of them find their way to this board. I guess thats the price for being the official board.

Campbell had no Portis, he had no Moss. He still out performed Brunell on the road. There is no comparison.

I think some genius said that the finish of the game was 'mop up'.

Yeah, just stop trying to discuss football.

AGREED! :applause:

Not to mention there was at least half a dozen plays Campbell made today that Brunell couldn't even dream of making. Oh, and if Brunell had been playing, you could have expected to see 8-10 passes thrown out of bounds because he's too scared to let his recievers make a play. Campbell played better in this game than Brunell has all year.

And for the guy who said he was pissed because Tony Romo sits to pee played better in his first start than Campbell...wow. Forget the fact that Romo sits to pee has been #2 behind Bledsoe for over two years now, meaning he actually gets to play in practice, whereas Campbell has been #3 for two years and had approximately one week and a couple days including the time during the bye week when Brunell was hurt of practice to get ready for his first NFL start. Forget that Romo sits to pee has TO and Terry Glenn to throw to, not Brandon Lloyd and Randle-El, forget that Romo sits to pee has a legit running game to support him, and forget that Romo sits to pee has a very good defense helping him out. In Romo sits to pee's first start the Cowboys held the ball for 38 minutes. Today the Skins had the ball for 24 minuntes. That a difference of over 14 minutes, meaning at least two possessions. You give Campbell two more possessions the way he was playing today, and he probably adds another 75-100 yds passing and maybe another TD to his stat line, and you might be able to chalk up a Redskins victory.

The defense and the lack of a running game, be it the backs fault or the coaches falut, lost this game. Campbell kept us in it.

BRAVO!!! :applause:

172 yards of total offense ( + 80 in the last meaningless drive ) does not exactly make a GREAT QB. He was ok. He showed some promise. I liked how he stepped up to make throws, wasn't afraid of the rush, etc. But to call him our next fanchise QB is nothing short of stretching it.

I understand how the Brunell bashers instantly turn from" The three and outs would give the defense some time to get fresh" one week, to " this defense sucked and lost the gave for #17", but try to be a little less obvious... :logo:

That final drive was far from 'meaningless'!?! WTF?!? :mad: :doh:

Had Novak 'power-kicked' that kickoff into that first line of Bucs - and it 'bounced-off' them (as such kicks NORMALLY do)... and WE recovered same, we could have WON or TIED the game!!! So, where is it that you find that series to be 'meaningless' (sort of, like, YOUR post)?!? :mad: :doh:

??? All the "Are you MB's mom?" or are you "MB?" lines are tired. Fine, how about this, "Are you MB's gay lover?"

Is that better? Where else would someone become that personally close with Brunell to say the idiotic things that poster was saying...

why do people still defend brunell I'll never understand. Holdman sucks. Brunell Sucks. Lemar Marshall is a HUGE dissapointment at MLB. Archuleta is a bum, Carter stinks. But for whatever reason, Brunell gets a pass from a select group of fans.

Its old dirty ****. The dead rapper. Nice comeback.

EXACTLY!!! :applause:

I agree with Phish (nice sig btw)

Anyone giving him a 'C' or below is crazy, or knows jack about football

1st pass was absolutely gorgeous. If Moss was active it would have been thrown at him, and he would have turned the afterburners on and made the catch.

The balls skipping off the ground are the result of him throwing to a receiver that is coming back to him, and he is trying to avoid a pick by the DB who is rushing towards the pass too. If he put those high the receiver stops to grab it, and the DB comes over the top of him for either the pick or the deflection. I've seen it a hundred times. he was being careful with the ball, thats it. (0 picks anyone?)

The balls that he over threw are less of an issue, all qbs do that, and at least he CAN overthrow a receiver. I dont think ive seen Brunell do that all season. There is very little danger of a pick when throwing a pass like that towards the sidelines, and again he had 0 picks, so........careful with the football.

The Lloyd pass to open the game was beautiful. The Cooley TD was an extremely patient, heady play. The TD to Yoda was a RIDICULOUSLY thrown ball. Yes, Yoder made a really tough adjustment to catch it but if you look at the replay, he HAD to throw it like that. He passed that ball right by 3 defenders, all going to his right. If he hadn't thrown it back left it would have been picked or defensed because all of the defenders were directly in front of Yoder. The defenders tried to make the adjustment but were too close and the ball passed them by. Yoder, being farthest back in the end zone, had barely enough time to react, made the adjustment and a beautiful catch. The throws he made showed that he was thinking. He analyzed the situation as it was happening, and made correct decisions with the ball. Dare I say, he was "super smart" with the football.

In addition to making some spot on throws, he also showed escapability. He was poised in the pocket, and willingly took big hits if it meant he would make the throw. He shook of an UNBLOCKED defender in his face to convert a 3rd and long to Thrash. He had a 9 yard scramble after the protection broke down on 1st and 20. I only saw him legitimately throw it away twice. He didn't muff any snaps, unlike Gradkowski. He didn't fumble while taking a sack. He threw no interceptions.

All of this in his first NFL start. Without our top 5 running back. Without our top 10 receiver and playmaker in the passing game.

A ****ING "C" !!!!!! What the hell were you expecting? If he was 8 for 30 with 2 int and 0TD I would give him a C for what I saw today. 196 yards, 2TD, 0INT, 10+ rushing yards. Give me, and him, a ****ING BREAK!!!!

BRILLIANT!!! :applause:

All I'm saying is this...Brunell Bashers on this site put all of the blame on #8 for our lack of productivity, and today's loss would have been his fault, of course.

In all fairness...

If Campbell is so much better, then what about the 3 pts. in the first half, and 17 total points for the game? Wouldn't his superior skills give us at least 20 points? Maybe 24?

I would agree that Campbell has a lot of potential, and even though some "rifle" throws were a little high, and a little low, he does have a good arm. I hope he does well, but now we will see ALL of the blame shift from #8 to...take your pick.

We lost, Campbell was the QB, so he gets to share in the blame as well. Welcome to the NFL.

'Idiot' Post!?! Had Lloyd CAUGHT Campbell's 'inaugural' pass, we probably would've scored a TD on that drive!!! 'Translation': That play would've set the tone for the game (NO '20,000 rushes' by the Bucs - as they would've been playing 'catch-up')!!! Duh?!? WTF?!? :mad: :doh:

I think some of the pro Brunell crowd is being a wee bit hard on Jason. He played great for his first time and against a very good defense, yes they have not been this year but still have have the players and have been close in many games.

The one thing I loved was his poise, the one thing I did not when he dropped back it looked like 7 steps, he needs to do maybe a 3 to 5 max.

I still feel though QB was not the problem on this team it is the OL and the style of running as well the entire D, these are the reasons we have 7 losses not the QB.

Remember the time when many would be QUICK to criticize Brunell? You guys would pick apart his facial expressions, quotes, body language, etc. All of you make legitimate comments about his play, but now Campbell is on the clock. I didn't even comment on Campbell's play, just the fact that all of you jocksniffers get bent out of shape when you read that someone isn't blowing your boy.

All of you are saying that Campbell is better than Brunell right NOW. If that is your argument, then the "it's his 1st game" arguments go out the window. No more crap like "if Lloyd only caught that ball." Most of you fans could now care less if we win, as long as your boy plays well.

Be careful who you "back" on this team. One day, probably soon, you will all turn on Campbell, just like everyone else, even the coach.

In the meantime, just keep the BJ's coming. Only know that you are setting him up for a BIG FALL.

Remember the time when many would be QUICK to criticize Brunell? You guys would pick apart his facial expressions, quotes, body language, etc. All of you make legitimate comments about his play, but now Campbell is on the clock. I didn't even comment on Campbell's play, just the fact that all of you jocksniffers get bent out of shape when you read that someone isn't blowing your boy.

All of you are saying that Campbell is better than Brunell right NOW. If that is your argument, then the "it's his 1st game" arguments go out the window. No more crap like "if Lloyd only caught that ball." Most of you fans could now care less if we win, as long as your boy plays well.

Be careful who you "back" on this team. One day, probably soon, you will all turn on Campbell, just like everyone else, even the coach.

In the meantime, just keep the BJ's coming. Only know that you are setting him up for a BIG FALL.

So let me see where your coming from, either one you want Campbell to fail and you still want Brunell as our QB, or two you think Campbell is going to fail because you witnessed nothing good from him in his 1st start. Qb is the most scrutinized position in the washington Dc area, and I really dont care if half the board blows him or the other half still wants Brunell. I will go by what I witness the next 6 sundays and express my opinion and if you dont agree with it I could care less. But dont hate on people because they finially saw a QB that stood in the pocket with poise of a veteran. Our season is one of the most dissapointing in years so let some people be happy about something geeesh.

OK Fellas, I hear by request MODS to start initiating football related IQ tests to all new and current SKINS members... I know, I know, I never thought that it would have to come to this extreme measure, but with what I keep reading on these posts boarder line just complete football stupidity.. MABfan ,unfortunately champ, You seem to be the worse offender..

I am all for supporting your fave player and backing him with all you have in you, but enough is enough... At what point does your devotion to one player undermine the devotion to the TEAM. When your loyalty crosses the line between just normal passion for your hero to just unregarded complete gibberish to the point where other members start questioning not only your football IQ, but your overall IQ..

Mark Brunell is done, put a fork in him and call it done. Get over it. Its fact, non-disputable, and written in stone.. Jason Campbell will be the Redskins QB for the forseable future. Your loyalty to MB started out to be admirable, but now it just gets to the place where its just desperate.. Your completely blinded by your passion for MB so you cant see the things that MB never or rarely was able to do in his career.. There comes to point in every athletes career where they realize that its time to hang 'em up and move on to other parts in thier lives.. They start to relaize that they cant help their respected team, have nothing left to offer. MB is at that point in his career and with the class act that he seems to be I think once he sees the true light he will go willingly.. MABfan, I as a fellow SKINS Die hard,I advice and urge you to do the same... Its time for you to sit back and reflect on your days here on the board and realize that your days have come to an end as well.. There truely is nothing that you can offer this board as far as intelligent insight with your MB Blinders on... Although I may not speak for all the members on this board, I know I do speak for some.. Hang up your key board MABfan, Sit back in your rocking chair and relfect on the good ole' days that you enjoyed here. Its time, Just walk away, It's your time......:logo: :helmet:

OK Fellas, I hear by request MODS to start initiating football related IQ tests to all new and current SKINS members... I know, I know, I never thought that it would have to come to this extreme measure, but with what I keep reading on these posts boarder line just complete football stupidity.. MABfan ,unfortunately champ, You seem to be the worse offender..

I am all for supporting your fave player and backing him with all you have in you, but enough is enough... At what point does your devotion to one player undermine the devotion to the TEAM. When your loyalty crosses the line between just normal passion for your hero to just unregarded complete gibberish to the point where other members start questioning not only your football IQ, but your overall IQ..

Mark Brunell is done, put a fork in him and call it done. Get over it. Its fact, non-disputable, and written in stone.. Jason Campbell will be the Redskins QB for the forseable future. Your loyalty to MB started out to be admirable, but now it just gets to the place where its just desperate.. Your completely blinded by your passion for MB so you cant see the things that MB never or rarely was able to do in his career.. There comes to point in every athletes career where they realize that its time to hang 'em up and move on to other parts in thier lives.. They start to relaize that they cant help their respected team, have nothing left to offer. MB is at that point in his career and with the class act that he seems to be I think once he sees the true light he will go willingly.. MABfan, I as a fellow SKINS Die hard,I advice and urge you to do the same... Its time for you to sit back and reflect on your days here on the board and realize that your days have come to an end as well.. There truely is nothing that you can offer this board as far as intelligent insight with your MB Blinders on... Although I may not speak for all the members on this board, I know I do speak for some.. Hang up your key board MABfan, Sit back in your rocking chair and relfect on the good ole' days that you enjoyed here. Its time, Just walk away, It's your time......:logo: :helmet:

Well Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

I absolutely love it when someone proves my point! When have I questioned Gibb's deciscion to start Campbell? When have I attacked Campbell's play...other than the fact that he is 0-1 as a starter?

Hey dummy...I'm attacking "die hard Skin fans" like YOU! I think it's hilarious when someone starts to get negative about JC on this board and all of the sudden you've got a book written about you!

Thanks for taking the time. Have a great Thanksgiving, and enjoy Campbell's ...oops, I mean enjoy your turkey.

Brunell was a major contributor to our losses and you are defeinitely defending Brunell.

I think 20-17 is better than 27-3 dont you?

The extra 7 on the last score was only because brunnel hrew the game sealing pick...when the score was 20-3..

That proves that mark was more than part of the problem...

I cant wait til sunday so Campbell can continue to show that he is the real deal against a beeter defense than tampa.

Archived