Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

QB Thread - ***WARNING*** Man Crushes Are Abundant Here : )

TK

Bring religion into this?

Why?

??? All the "Are you MB's mom?" or are you "MB?" lines are tired. Fine, how about this, "Are you MB's gay lover?"

Is that better? Where else would someone become that personally close with Brunell to say the idiotic things that poster was saying...

why do people still defend brunell I'll never understand. Holdman sucks. Brunell Sucks. Lemar Marshall is a HUGE dissapointment at MLB. Archuleta is a bum, Carter stinks. But for whatever reason, Brunell gets a pass from a select group of fans.

What's my deal? What's the deal with your sig? Is that you in that picture?

Its old dirty ****. The dead rapper. Nice comeback.

I wish I could say its refreshing to see skins fans not complaining but most still have to dig and be negative...

You may want to consider that the team may be a reflection of the fans... I am proud to be from DC but I'm not proud of many on this board.

:applause:

I am smiling again. Sure we lost, but BYGOD!! It feels like we have a QB to build around. Thumbs up all around for his performance today. A gifted athlete at QB. Finally.

Yeah, I know. Its kinda strange, but I left the sports bar I was watching the game from thinking, "well, we lost, but goddamn, we have a young, talented QB to build around for next year. I think things are gonna be alright."

I can't wait to see if he can improve for next week.

I agree with Phish (nice sig btw)

Anyone giving him a 'C' or below is crazy, or knows jack about football

1st pass was absolutely gorgeous. If Moss was active it would have been thrown at him, and he would have turned the afterburners on and made the catch.

The balls skipping off the ground are the result of him throwing to a receiver that is coming back to him, and he is trying to avoid a pick by the DB who is rushing towards the pass too. If he put those high the receiver stops to grab it, and the DB comes over the top of him for either the pick or the deflection. I've seen it a hundred times. he was being careful with the ball, thats it. (0 picks anyone?)

The balls that he over threw are less of an issue, all qbs do that, and at least he CAN overthrow a receiver. I dont think ive seen Brunell do that all season. There is very little danger of a pick when throwing a pass like that towards the sidelines, and again he had 0 picks, so........careful with the football.

The Lloyd pass to open the game was beautiful. The Cooley TD was an extremely patient, heady play. The TD to Yoda was a RIDICULOUSLY thrown ball. Yes, Yoder made a really tough adjustment to catch it but if you look at the replay, he HAD to throw it like that. He passed that ball right by 3 defenders, all going to his right. If he hadn't thrown it back left it would have been picked or defensed because all of the defenders were directly in front of Yoder. The defenders tried to make the adjustment but were too close and the ball passed them by. Yoder, being farthest back in the end zone, had barely enough time to react, made the adjustment and a beautiful catch. The throws he made showed that he was thinking. He analyzed the situation as it was happening, and made correct decisions with the ball. Dare I say, he was "super smart" with the football.

In addition to making some spot on throws, he also showed escapability. He was poised in the pocket, and willingly took big hits if it meant he would make the throw. He shook of an UNBLOCKED defender in his face to convert a 3rd and long to Thrash. He had a 9 yard scramble after the protection broke down on 1st and 20. I only saw him legitimately throw it away twice. He didn't muff any snaps, unlike Gradkowski. He didn't fumble while taking a sack. He threw no interceptions.

All of this in his first NFL start. Without our top 5 running back. Without our top 10 receiver and playmaker in the passing game.

A ****ING "C" !!!!!! What the hell were you expecting? If he was 8 for 30 with 2 int and 0TD I would give him a C for what I saw today. 196 yards, 2TD, 0INT, 10+ rushing yards. Give me, and him, a ****ING BREAK!!!!

Did Campbell do something that cost the Skins the game or was ineffective to the point that you would put the loss on his shoulders?

All I'm saying is this...Brunell Bashers on this site put all of the blame on #8 for our lack of productivity, and today's loss would have been his fault, of course.

In all fairness...

If Campbell is so much better, then what about the 3 pts. in the first half, and 17 total points for the game? Wouldn't his superior skills give us at least 20 points? Maybe 24?

I would agree that Campbell has a lot of potential, and even though some "rifle" throws were a little high, and a little low, he does have a good arm. I hope he does well, but now we will see ALL of the blame shift from #8 to...take your pick.

We lost, Campbell was the QB, so he gets to share in the blame as well. Welcome to the NFL.

You need to exlpain why that drive was meaningless, or stop wasting peoples time with posts.

I'm just enjoying playing devil's advocate with all the former Brunell bashers( of which I was not a lover or basher btw). They would all call that last drive meaningless if it were #8 at the helm and now the jump on the stats like they are gold! :laugh: I am here as a fan as I was two weeks ago, 2 years ago, and twenty years ago. It was a nice start. I look forward to seeing him play more.

This is the only lost that didn't taste too bad going down. At no point in the game was I nervous about something nucking futs happening on offense. As soon as Campell stepped on the field you could see the confidence in this guy's face. His arm is a threat, that first ball should have been caught. His arm will definitely open up the running game. I truly believe Campbell will find his sweet spot as time goes on. Say hello to our Washington's Future. He surpassed all of my expectations. (minus a couple of hiccups)

Maybe answer the question?

Why attack religion?

You turned Brunell Bashing into religion bashing?

Feel Proud?

How do you know I'm not Christian? YOU keep bringing up religion. All I said was do you go to Church with Brunell?

People that don't see how much #8 was hurting the team after the Dallas game this year I don't understand. If they had a personal relationship with MB, it might be different.

Bring this thread back to the point - JC transformed the offense in one game. He TOTALLY changed how the defense had to play us, and CP would have had a field day... not to mention Moss.

Maybe answer the question?

Why attack religion?

You turned Brunell Bashing into religion bashing?

Feel Proud?

In fairness, he didn't really attack religion. He just said "Do you know MB from church?", that's only an insult if you feel defensive about church in the first place.

Yeah, I know. Its kinda strange, but I left the sports bar I was watching the game from thinking, "well, we lost, but goddamn, we have a young, talented QB to build around for next year. I think things are gonna be alright."

I can't wait to see if he can improve for next week.

Yup...my sentiments exactly...JC looked good out there today...he's gonna take us all the way someday...someday soon! :cheers:

why do people still defend brunell I'll never understand. Holdman sucks. Brunell Sucks. Lemar Marshall is a HUGE dissapointment at MLB. Archuleta is a bum, Carter stinks. But for whatever reason, Brunell gets a pass from a select group of fans.

On the contrary, why does Campbell get a pass from...nevermind.

This team has a ton of holes to fill. But it looks like we should be alright at QB, and that is the most important position of all.

Mediocre teams can win a lot of games with a good QB. We just need to fill a ton of holes on defense. And I suggest building through the draft, I'm done with FA, we as a franchise have shown that you cannot build a winner through FA.

On the contrary, why does Campbell get a pass from...nevermind.

Name one thing that Campbell did that hurt the team and altered the gameplan leading to a loss?

One. Name one. Brunell got his "pass" during the playoffs and the playoff run last year (not from me, but from plenty)

He is a backup QB who can't handle the rigors of starting in the NFL anymore, and hurts the team by being in there. Its the truth and anyone who is realistic knows it.

Only those of us hoping to believe in Gibbs this offseason gave it "one more shot".

The skins stunk it up and either are idiots or were lying to us.

I am totally cised. I thought JC did an upstanding job today , given his first real time NFL game. The outcome of today's game can not outweigh the shown talent and potential of this young quarteback. As far as the rest of our season,this opportunity could not arrive @ a better time. Let Campbell get used to the timing of the NFL w/out the pressure of a sink or swim scenario. As far as I'm concerned the next 6 games are going to be like watching full speed , full contact , Pre-Season . Let's look at it for what it is and hope #17 develops into a true leader of our team.

Now that I am finished playing around with all the JC lovers on the board today ( all in fun really people, I swear ). ;)

I was waiting to see what JC had to offer this club. What he did was impress this skins fan. He wasn't outstanding, he wasn't lighting the world on fire but he played solid. What is more concerning to me was the lack of attitude the rest of the team seemed to have. This was a bad Tampa team we lost to today and I expected this team to rally behind theDid anyone else feel like they were let down by the team and not the young QB, like I was?

In fairness, he didn't really attack religion. He just said "Do you know MB from church?", that's only an insult if you feel defensive about church in the first place.

It really was an attack on "Judgment"

There were attacks on Gibbs decision to keep Brunell based on their religion.

Saying a Brunell Defender (not supporter) would only say something because he goes to church with MB is unfair.

Not a very strong argument

and also includes religion in an argument that didn't need it

Don't ASSUME the poster (not me by the way) was the same religion as MB.

Assume he has a point to make......Don't disrespect him

It really was an attack on "Judgment"

There were attacks on Gibbs decision to keep Brunell based on their religion.

Saying a Brunell Defender (not supporter) would only say something because he goes to church with MB is unfair.

Not a very strong argument

and also includes religion in an argument that didn't need it

Don't ASSUME the poster (not me by the way) was the same religion as MB.

Assume he has a point to make......Don't disrespect him

I'm done with the religion thing because you are way out of line on that man...

Anyway, I am intelligent enough to "understand" the posters point, and it was dumb.

Hence I was "humorously" inquiring on a personal relationship with the man.

Most people include in personal relationships, Family, Church and Friends.

If someone can't see that JC would have us at least the same record right now as MB, I can't understand that.

All I'm saying is this...Brunell Bashers on this site put all of the blame on #8 for our lack of productivity, and today's loss would have been his fault, of course.

In all fairness...

If Campbell is so much better, then what about the 3 pts. in the first half, and 17 total points for the game? Wouldn't his superior skills give us at least 20 points? Maybe 24?

I would agree that Campbell has a lot of potential, and even though some "rifle" throws were a little high, and a little low, he does have a good arm. I hope he does well, but now we will see ALL of the blame shift from #8 to...take your pick.

We lost, Campbell was the QB, so he gets to share in the blame as well. Welcome to the NFL.

Seriously this has got to be the most assinine argument on the board today (and that's saying something).

If you want to blame Campbell for the loss...fine blame Campbell for the loss your completely entitled to.

But you're equivocating a 24 year olds first start with the performance of a 16 year veteran.

How bout a little perspective.

What I saw today was something called a "downfield pass". It happened quite frequently where as when Brunell was the QB it would happen 2 or 3 times a game. I also saw something called a "3rd quarter touchdown drive". This hasn't happened all year.

Yes we still lost the game. Our Defense continued to show why they are the second worst in the league. Our running game was non-existant. Our play calling was suspect again to say the least. No the previous losses were never 100% Brunell's fault, and Jason is not 100% free from blame in this. But for a FIRST START to throw 200+ yards, 2td's, 0 picks, with our 2 biggest offensive players out, and furthermore look poised, confident, and willing to make an occasionally play and take a hit I'd say that's impressive by any estimate.

But like I say you can still Blame Jason for this...

**and since when is being down by 10 with 3+ minutes left garbage time. Brunells garbage time stats were when we were down by 20+ with absolutely no chance to make it back up. I woudln't exactly calll today the same (and thankfully jason didn't either and succesfully made a late game td drive)

So, didn't see it mentioned but incase anyone wants to know (I know there are certain people that like to base everything off stats) here is JC's stats...

NFL QB rating: 92.3

Completion Percentage: 55.9

Yards Per Attempt: 5.76

TD%: 5.9

INT%: 0.0

Brunell's rating for the year...86.5

Some of you can stick that in your pipe and smoke it :laugh:

Personally I don't care much for basing things completely off stats, he looked ok, needs some work but needless to say it is promising. And the best part he is young and not 34+ years old already. Hopefully we may have found a QB to play for many years to come.

Archived