Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

QB Thread - ***WARNING*** Man Crushes Are Abundant Here : )

TK

I was impressed with Jason today. He showed a lot of poise, and he throws bullets. Very impressive first start. The win would have been nice though, but once again. The QB doesn't play defense, and the DEFENSE, giving up the BIG PLAY is primarily why we are having such a bad year. Today showed again, that no matter who is taking the snaps this year. The defense has to stop somebody for us to win. They have fallen WAY off....tis a shame.

Very pleased with Jason's performance. It is very clear after watching some of the throws/plays that he made that if Brunell was the QB we would have lost by a much wider margin. I'm looking forward to watching him develop as the rest of this otherwise worthless season rolls on.

I thought JC played a heck of a game for his 1st NFL action, much less start. I think the biggest problem with our offense has been the addition of Al (who cares about time of possesion) Saunders. Does anyone in here honestly think his stretch run system is worth a crap? We may eventually put up points, but 15-20 carries a game and only 2-3 coming up the middle is absolutely horrendous play-calling. They can't fire this sack of crap coach fast enough for me.

Yeah, our defense has been lousy all year as well. I give Greg Williams the benefit of the doubt. His teams have played solid "D" here for several years. Saunders needs to pack his bags and GTFO!

Anyone here think last year's offensive coordinator (JOE) wouldn't have run TJ Duckett up the middle 30-35 carries a game since Portis got banged up early this season?

Saunders is a west coast bum. Lose him Danny.

I give him a C. Missed too many open receivers and in the end had a very Brunellish game. Didn't do anything to loose it or win it. If Brunell had played the exact same game, everyone would be out for his head.

What? Jason bought time and through the ball downfield. He gave his wide outs a chance to make plays. We came out in the third QTR with energy. We finished the game with fire.

Jason looked nothing like Brunell.

It's very fair for Dallas fans to feel they have thier guy in Romo sits to pee. He looks like the read deal to me. Campbell has one start under him so far..not as many as Romo sits to pee...but from the looks of things..we might just have our guy too.

Campbell looked nothing like Brunell..he actually stepped up into the pocket...was accurate even with pressure in his face. Was able to move around and make a couple nice throws on the move..looked and went down field several times. You've got to be kidding...some people just look for stuff that isn't there for the sake of B&M and being the antithesis.

Campbell is for real. Now we need to rebuild our defense and re-establish the power running game by the end of this season. I think a 1-2 of Portis and Duckett will be solid if we get back to what we were doing in '05' minus the noodle arm QB.

I'm praying for an offseason that includes jettison of AL, 1st rd pick on defensive line, and KEEPING our draft picks. Maybe trading a few vets for more picks as well. :2cents:

What? Jason bought time and through the ball downfield. He gave his wide outs a chance to make plays. We came out in the third QTR with energy. We finished the game with fire.

Jason looked nothing like Brunell.

I didn't say he was horrible. He needed to hit that easy pass to Randle El in the 4th and didn't. He had some passes that were 5 yards off. He hasn't played, but is still a professional quarterback. Since he did miss open receivers, I think he did look like Brunell in that aspect. In JC's defense, he only had a few chances on the field since the D camped out on the field all day.

The finish of the game was mop up time. The game was not in question.

He also short hops WAY too many passes. He did that in the pre-season as well. I personally do not see a rocket arm on him, but time will tell.

Considering Moss and Portis were out Campbell had a great game.

But honestly, even if they had played who would have expected him to be this good in his first start? It was made much more difficult without Portis especially. Tampa's defense played pass and he still passed effectively for the most part. He didn't get 200 yards but Lloyd had something to do with that and he was close anyway

Brunell has over 150 starts and Campbell has 1 but Campbell's game today was more than we could have expected from Brunell. I think everyone here can agree with that. If not then we'd be no better than 4-6 anyway while completely under Brunells offensive expertise.

I give him a C. Missed too many open receivers and in the end had a very Brunellish game. Didn't do anything to loose it or win it. If Brunell had played the exact same game, everyone would be out for his head.

The coaches get a F- for being some of the biggest dumbasses on the planet. Greag Williams should be fired for the ST blitz in the 4th quarter. Carlos Rogers would be sent packing tomorrow as well. How many games does he have to get his jock pulled over his head until he gets benched. Worst team in the NFL. PERIOD.

You must not watch football much. Yes, our defense is horrible and can;t stop anyone. We aren't the worst team in the nfl AND Campbell played great without moss and Portis. Have some faith you jackass, I love my skins and ur the type of fan that we dont need.

I know it's only one game and a losing one at that but I was extremely impressed by the kid's composure and pocket presense.

He threw it deep, he threw it short and everything in between. He scrambled when he had to and picked up positive yards. He threw it to more than ONE receiver! Heck, he even STEPPED up in the pocket and delivered strikes.

If only our defense could have kept Tampa off the field it would have been a W for sure.

For the first time in weeks I feel good about this team again.

I didn't say he was horrible. He needed to hit that easy pass to Randle El in the 4th and didn't. He had some passes that were 5 yards off. He hasn't played, but is still a professional quarterback. Since he did miss open receivers, I think he did look like Brunell in that aspect. In JC's defense, he only had a few chances on the field since the D camped out on the field all day.

The finish of the game was mop up time. The game was not in question.

He also short hops WAY too many passes. He did that in the pre-season as well. I personally do not see a rocket arm on him, but time will tell.

Did you see the second TD? He was throwing across his body while running and rifled it through a bunch of defenders. True the catch was awesome too, I'm just pointing out that it was quite a throw.

Funny how your comments about Campbell quickly turn to the Skin's Defense.:doh:

If Brunell put up 17 points, all of you would be pissed!

funny how you have no faith. We put up 17 on a decent TB defense. No portis OR Moss and a toddler QB. Campbell outplayed Brunell this week in game 1. TB time of possession had to have been40 minutes and we still put up 17 which would have probably been at least 20 if lloyd pulls in that bomb

Archived