Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ladell Betts

Hollywood2k3

Having met Ladell, I can say he is not arrogant in the least. I watched him sign autographs for fans after games when the signs were posted NO AUTOGRAPHS.

I don't think a player who thinks of himself as SPECIAL would come to a bunch of yelling fans and sign autographs.

Blondie

Oh get off his jock :)

Trade Ladell. He's just about the ONLY Player we have left that still holds ANY trade value :D

Quick, let him get a couple of 100 yard games and people may think he's the next Priest holmes. Hell, I hope he gets over 1000 this year and gets a HUGE contract. Just please, lets get some picks out of someone!

Good luck Ladell!!

is the point of this thread really just to insult our backup RB? What the hell? Hes a damn good back, up and whoever said he rarely gets 50 yards when he starts is out of their mind. You obviously arent a redskins fans, so shut your damn mouth. Ladell Betts is a very capable backup, and i am excited about him teaming with TJ in the backfield.

how do we know that he's not good? Everytime he's had signifigant playing time in a game he's put up great numbers. I posted it in another thread showing what he's done in games where he's carried the ball 15x or more. He could be every bit as good as many RBs in the league and just hasn't been given a chance to prove it. Look at Tiki. He was in his 4th or 5th season before he became the Giants' full time RB.

I swear I feel like there are people around here that hope Betts falls on his face the rest of the year so he won't somehow look good and outperform their guy.

Thanks, I was thinking the same thing. :applause:

Oh get off his jock :)

Trade Ladell. He's just about the ONLY Player we have left that still holds ANY trade value :D

Quick, let him get a couple of 100 yard games and people may think he's the next Priest holmes. Hell, I hope he gets over 1000 this year and gets a HUGE contract. Just please, lets get some picks out of someone!

Good luck Ladell!!

Why is it that no one can grasp the concept of a contract ending. This is Ladell's last contract year in Washington. Either we sign him, or someone else does. There is no trading. Unrestricted free agents don't have trade value.

And to those of you saying Ladell Betts is a bum because he isn't as good as CP. Guess what, most backs in the league aren't. While Betts might not get a starting role next year he has great value to this team. He steps up when called upon, plays teams if needed, and does a good job as a third down back.

Heres to resigning Ladell. :cheers:

CP will be back next year, all healed up. If the question is whether to keep CP or LB i think it's obvious. CP is THE franchise RB of the two. Don't get me wrong, I think LB will do a great job filling in (it doesn't hurt that we have TJ to go to), but I will stand by CP. And yes, I do have a man-crush on CP. ST, too. Whatever, deal with it, I have....

Why is it that no one can grasp the concept of a contract ending. This is Ladell's last contract year in Washington. Either we sign him, or someone else does. There is no trading. Unrestricted free agents don't have trade value.

And to those of you saying Ladell Betts is a bum because he isn't as good as CP. Guess what, most backs in the league aren't. While Betts might not get a starting role next year he has great value to this team. He steps up when called upon, plays teams if needed, and does a good job as a third down back.

Excellent point and I feel like a dumbass now :) I didn't know that this was his final year. Well either way, good for him: He'll get to show his stuff over the next 9 games. I guess then my hope would change for him to NOT get 1k yards and his stock will then decrease. No team will want him, and we'll end up giving him a TON of money. Wonderful!!

Do you honestly think the Redskins will RE-SIGN a player? C'mon, dude, seriously

Is it me or does Ladell Betts seem really arrogant??? I was just watching his interview on Redskins.comTV and if I didn't know any better I would think that he's some big time, game breaking RB who's finally getting his shot! He kills me with how he act's like he's REALLY just as good as CP. Listen Ladell, you are NOT a starting RB man, you are what you are....a good backup! Your vision is average at best, you can't break a tackle to save your life (I swear if I see you go down from someone touching you shoe again I'm gonna pass out) and everytime you carry the ball I'm scared to death that your gonna fumble. I just don't like his attitude and I don't like him as our starting RB. Feel free to comment.......

Hail

I vote that we get rid of Ladell Betts, and make Portis and Duckett our main HBs at the end of the season. Betts is too slow.

He looks good when he catches a pass in stride, but as far as just running the ball, he's had plenty of opportunities, and he never takes advantage of them. I met dude, and he's definetly a good guy, but he's gotta go. And plus, he

f--king cost us the game with that bs spin move and fumble. We had the bucs, and when they recovered that fumble, they scored shortly afterwards.

Actually till march 15th they can be traded after that they are free

Archived