Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wake up Joe!!!...TJ is your back!!!

scottlo34

I don't get why Gibbs has not realized yet that TJ Duckett is a proto-typical Joe Gibbs back. Yes, Portis is good and Portis is a gamer, and Portis has speed. However, I believe it was Riggins in '82....Riggins again in '83 even though we lost the big game, we still got to Tampa.....it was Rogers in '87 along with a magical day by Smith in SD...and it was Byner/Riggs in '91. I mean how difficult is ti to see that Duckett should be the starter for Gibbs satrting this week and on into '07 with Betts complimenting him. I like Portis also, but let's face it. Portis has been dinged up all year, and we need some draft picks. Blast me if you want, but trade Portis, package some draft picks for him and let TJ rumble bumble and stumble in '07!!!!

we shall burn you at the stake, effective immediately. turn in your jersey and B&G paint, your are off the team. leave your balls at the door to be crushed and stepped on.

if you are a fan, and a female, then you should be in love with cpo.

if you are a male, you should have an unhealthy amount of manlove for cpo. he is a baller, and i hope he is here forever.

additionally, say what you want about portis.......his specialty is outside running.....gibbs is an inside guy, always has been. this being said, quit pushing him up the gut, and exploit his strength. JG hasnt learned yet that todays league requires you to adapt to players strengths, and not them to your preference. he will grasp that shortly, and when that moment comes, we will be unstoppable.

well, I could be mistaken, but I think a guy name Al Saunders runs our offense

end of conversation. i am a huge duckett fan, but let's face it, CP is an amazing RB, and perfect for the Al Saunders system. He has been hurt all year, which may explain why he has been taking himself out, but a healthy CP is a top 3 NFL RB.

we shall burn you at the stake, effective immediately. turn in your jersey and B&G paint, your are off the team. leave your balls at the door to be crushed and stepped on.

if you are a male, you should have an unhealthy amount of manlove for cpo. he is a baller, and i hope he is here forever.

additionally, say what you want about portis.......his specialty is outside running.....gibbs is an inside guy, always has been. this being said, quit pushing him up the gut, and exploit his strength. JG hasnt learned yet that todays league requires you to adapt to players strengths, and not them to your preference. he will grasp that shortly, and when that moment comes, we will be unstoppable.

LOL..."when that moment comes"....Gibbs has had Portis for three years now and we are still waiting for the moment to come??...Please. Obviously you didn't see much of Gibbs I...he succeeded with the bigger back. What does Portis bring? Besides above average talent, I agree. He also brought a name with him when Gibbs got him. Let's bring in a name...that gets people excited and get their butts back in the seats. When I first saw the acquisition of Portis, it quite frankly smelt like Danny Boy telling Joe that he will let him make the decisions as long as he get s to pick the RB. Portis never has been and never will be a Gibbs back. You want to keep looking back to what Gibbs has done in the past? Then look at the whole picture my friend and part of that was Gibbs' liking to a big bruising smash mouth fullback that made the tough yards. Portis is good....but he is none of that.

LOL..."when that moment comes"....Gibbs has had Portis for three years now and we are still waiting for the moment to come??...Please. Obviously you didn't see much of Gibbs I...he succeeded with the bigger back. What does Portis bring? Besides above average talent, I agree. He also brought a name with him when Gibbs got him. Let's bring in a name...that gets people excited and get their butts back in the seats. When I first saw the acquisition of Portis, it quite frankly smelt like Danny Boy telling Joe that he will let him make the decisions as long as he get s to pick the RB. Portis never has been and never will be a Gibbs back. You want to keep looking back to what Gibbs has done in the past? Then look at the whole picture my friend and part of that was Gibbs' liking to a big bruising smash mouth fullback that made the tough yards. Portis is good....but he is none of that.

You still havent read my post... SAUNDERS RUNS THIS OFFENSE!!! and will hopefully continue to do so for a long time

I do want to see TJ in the back field next year, because i agree that he is the perfect Gibbs back, but not at the expense of Portis. Besides, not too many teams would give up many draft picks for him for 2 reasons. He's banged up (No one knows how well CP is going to come back after this year), and he is on a massive contract. It would be too risky in the eyes of another team.

I would rather see us use the 2 of them in some what of a similar way that the Buccs used Allstott and Dunn. We could even rotate Sellers in with Duckett to create our own rhino package. Don't really know if any of that would work, but i guess that's why I'm not a coach.

am i crazy? wouldn't you agree that 1500 yds a year is good? gibbs back or not, i like aguy that gains yards. :2cents:

I do want to see TJ in the back field next year, because i agree that he is the perfect Gibbs back, but not at the expense of Portis. Besides, not too many teams would give up many draft picks for him for 2 reasons. He's banged up (No one knows how well CP is going to come back after this year), and he is on a massive contract. It would be too risky in the eyes of another team.

I would rather see us use the 2 of them in some what of a similar way that the Buccs used Allstott and Dunn. We could even rotate Sellers in with Duckett to create our own rhino package. Don't really know if any of that would work, but i guess that's why I'm not a coach.

Portis is 24 years old and the injuries he is coming back from are hardly considered career threatening. There will be somebody out there willing to pony up draft picks and willing to take on his contract. Don't be fooled. Hell, if he was on another club, guess who would be the first one there waiting to pay?? I believe it would be us. All I can say is wait to see the next seven games and I know Duckett will have people thinking in the offseason that we really don't need Portis or his contract next year. Run TJ run!!!!!!!!!

am i crazy? wouldn't you agree that 1500 yds a year is good? gibbs back or not, i like aguy that gains yards. :2cents:

Duckett will gain yards and for a hell of a lot less. Then, maybe we can start plugging holes with draft picks that Portis brings us. Young talent that is desperately needed on this team.

duckett is good at doing what he does, hes a #2 change of pace back that will get you tough yards, short yardage tds, and will give your #1 relief...but he cant block and isnt anything special in the recieving game...expecting him to become a potential starter in place of portis is crazy, if we were the raiders and lamont jordan was our starter than maybe you would have a point

Duckett will gain yards and for a hell of a lot less. Then, maybe we can start plugging holes with draft picks that Portis brings us. Young talent that is desperately needed on this team.

i don't think u understand

duckett cant block

duckett cant carry the ball 20 times a game

duckett is a big back

bigback=fumble history

duckett in their would not scare the safeties to think he will hit a home run

running 1500 isnt easy my brother that is why clinton portis holds the franchise record

and duckett isnt all that great like you guys make him look, he did get beaten out of his job by a 31 year old RB whos 5'9 170 lbs

and portis is much better then dunn

so please duckett is not a feature back if he was falcons wouldn't let that first round pick go

falcons being a running team duckett failed in that system

what chance does he have here?

he is nothing more then a short yardage guy

please don't compare him to a future hall of famer clinton portis

mike turner averages more then LT i guess they should trade LT and start turner..........

Trade Portis? R U KIDDING ME! He's a franchise back. Duckett's a big back with good speed but wasn't good enough to beat out Warrick Dunn for the starting job. Dunn is a very good running back but doesn't compare to Clinton Portis. Portis is a top 3 running back who has does it all. Portis is a great fit for the new offense and wait till next year when they have a year's experience under there belt with this new offense.

I like Duckett but I don't think he gives you what a healthy Portis gives you. The conundrum is that Portis can't seem to stay healthy. Even last year he was banged up pretty bad. Portis leaving would be demoralizing to this team unless Duckett and Betts light it up for the next 7 games and the players can gain confidence that Betts and Duckett can get it done. Portis is our stud, and I just can't fathom him leaving next year. I just don't think it will happen. I don't think Gibbs would ge rid of him. CP is a potential HOF if he stays healthy and productive the next 5 or 6 years.

HTTR

You are crazy for wanting to trade Portis. Theres no way you trade a potential Hall of Famer for an above average rb to take over. I bet you werent thinking about trading Portis last year when he carried us on his back to the playoffs and had them 5 straight 100 yard games were you. I understand we need draft picks...but you dont trade a great player just to get some good players, and who knows they might not even turn out to be good.

Just so you know.......not ALL women are in love with CP. ;)

:D

duckett is good at doing what he does, hes a #2 change of pace back that will get you tough yards, short yardage tds, and will give your #1 relief...but he cant block and isnt anything special in the recieving game...expecting him to become a potential starter in place of portis is crazy, if we were the raiders and lamont jordan was our starter than maybe you would have a point

Exactly.

i don't think u understand

duckett cant block

duckett cant carry the ball 20 times a game

duckett is a big back

bigback=fumble history

duckett in their would not scare the safeties to think he will hit a home run

running 1500 isnt easy my brother that is why clinton portis holds the franchise record

and duckett isnt all that great like you guys make him look, he did get beaten out of his job by a 31 year old RB whos 5'9 170 lbs

and portis is much better then dunn

so please duckett is not a feature back if he was falcons wouldn't let that first round pick go

falcons being a running team duckett failed in that system

what chance does he have here?

he is nothing more then a short yardage guy

please don't compare him to a future hall of famer clinton portis

mike turner averages more then LT i guess they should trade LT and start turner..........

Thank you.

he got beat out of his job by a rookie for the #2, dunn was already their starter

Thank you again.

Blondie

A couple of things though:

1. The 1991 and 1992 seasons the two top backs for the Redskins were Ernest Byner and Ricky Ervin's. Neither of them were big or power backs. This is not 1984. Name the team that is doing well with a #1 power back.

2. Name the RB that was drafted in the 1st round, and then given up by the team that went on to be good. I'll give you two. R. Dayne and T. Jones. I think T. Jones in Chicago is a legitimate comparision. The Bears gave up nothing for him and would love to replace him with somebody better.

3. The offense we are running now is the Saunders, not Gibbs offense. This has always been an offense for backs with speed, Faulk, Holmes, and LJ. Duckett is too slow to run the necessary plays in this offense.

4. Trading a RB does not normally get you much in return. Neither Edge or S. Alexander were going to bring much in trades. Even for Faulk, the Colts only got a 2nd and 5th round pick.

5. If Duckett is so great, then why does he ZERO 1,000 rushing seasons. His best season is under 800. 1,000 isn't that much to ask for as lot's of backs get to it any more.

Archived