Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wake up Joe!!!...TJ is your back!!!

scottlo34

we shall burn you at the stake, effective immediately. turn in your jersey and B&G paint, your are off the team. leave your balls at the door to be crushed and stepped on.

if you are a fan, and a female, then you should be in love with cpo.

if you are a male, you should have an unhealthy amount of manlove for cpo. he is a baller, and i hope he is here forever.

additionally, say what you want about portis.......his specialty is outside running.....gibbs is an inside guy, always has been. this being said, quit pushing him up the gut, and exploit his strength. JG hasnt learned yet that todays league requires you to adapt to players strengths, and not them to your preference. he will grasp that shortly, and when that moment comes, we will be unstoppable.

dude... i was thinking the samn frigg'n thing..i agree w/ everything you stated... lets just hope that is even an option tho..:helmet:

Also, to add to this in an interview with Riggins, Beathard said that when he was with Atlanta as a consultant he said when he saw Duckett that was the closet player that reminded him of Riggins and said he was a great talent. That's why they picked him with their first pick because Beathard was enamoured with his talent, size and speed.

While that may be all fine and good - the fact that they passed over Portis in Atlanta when he would have been ridiculously dominant in that cutback based system (though maybe it was different at the time?) just shows how scouting reports from 4 years ago mean jack squat.

Here is the most recent scouting report I have on Duckett from one of the services I subscribe to:

2006 scouting report

Has size and can handle a heavy workload, but is not a serious outside threat. Almost always falls forward. Lacks burst, vision, lateral quickness and receiver skills, and is fumble-prone. Excels as a short-yardage option, but will never be a legitimate NFL starter.

The fact that it is such a short report is a bad thing. They don't list the extended scouting reports seperating parts of their game - for players they no longer consider impact players.

Maybe TJ will surprise us, but I was always more interested in having him be what he is, though he has never been given the chance.

Yes, for Gods sakes keep CP, he may well be the only RB we've ever had who can turn a game around in 1 play. A 'gamer" if you will. That said...

Yes catching passes out of the backfield is very important in a 3rd down back

-converting 3rd and shorts and goalline is very important in a 3rd down back

TJ may or may not be a good receiver

LB definitely is NOT a goalline back

ADVANTAGE TJ

that doesnt make any sense, the fact that the only thing TJ is better at is goaline and short yardage makes him a better 3rd down back option? there are way more 3rd and 5+'s then there are goaline oppurtunities which will make the recieving threat out of the backfield more important due to number of times needed compared to number of times needed for goaline situations

and may or may not is not something that can be said about a guy who has been in the league a few years, if they dont throw you screens/dump off passes when your in the game, it says something...and it is that they want you being a reciever out of the backfield

Okay, I agree then. I was more arguing between Betts and Duckett, which was a moot point that I made up in my head. :silly:
It looks like we must have been on different wavelengths or something. Between Betts and Duckett, I'd probably be inclined to take Duckett as well. Duckett is clearly the better runner.

Although, it is a difficult call considering they have different skill sets. Duckett is an ideal short yardage back, whereas Betts is a good reciever out of the backfield.

First off, you have committed a factual error. The season Duckett started 10 games was 2003, and he only averaged 4.0 yards a carry that year. He did average 4.9 yards a carry in 2004, but he didn't start a single game then.

Regardless, he has never had over 200 attempts in a season, that is why I called him an unknown. Any predictions about how he would perform as a full time starter are purely speculative. That is my point. Whereas, Portis is a proven starter. The thread starter was advocating trading Portis and making Duckett the starter, which is beyond silly.

Secondly, I always thought Ladell Betts was overrated too.

agreed,glad to see somone on here has a brain :cheers:

lmfao..if you want to take Duckett over CP you are a football idiot:doh:

CP one of the best backs in the nfl

Duckett a good back up at best

I'd rather trade Duckett than Betts or Portis.

Betts is a redskin, he's been with us for years, this season should've taught us all about chemistry. We trade Duckett for a third or fourth, and we keep our RB core stable.

This team has gone through enough change and moving of big names, keep Portis.

Archived