Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Raise your hand if you like Mark Brunnell!

maebu2

My six year-old son yesterday on the metro bus asked aloud, "Raise your hand if you like Bill Cowher!" No one raised their hand. Then he said, "Raise your hand if you like Joe Gibbs!" Everyone on the bus raised their hands. Lastly, he said, "Raise your hand if you like Mark Brunnell!" My son was the only one with his hand raised.

So I ask you, am I a bad mother for leaving my son hanging? Should I have showed solidarity by raising my hand too? It was so cute and funny, I just had to share this with the ES community.

Ahh, the innocence of youth!

Jax Jags fans will always like him. Mark is their most prominent figure in franchise history. Washington Husky fans will remember Brunell for his Rose Bowls. I think he went to one.

But as Redskins fans, well, all we'll have is that one night in Dallas in '05, when Mark got us as high as we had been since January of 1992. But those highs are as distant a memory as Mark's playing ability.

Welcome JC 11/19/06.

I think Mark Brunell bought us some time for JC to get acclimated. Brunell is not stupid, he knew his time was short. As another poster mentioned in a previous thread, Brunell has not been the same quarterback since that shot to the knee against the Giants at home last year. He will be valuable back-up (although expensive, perhaps a re-negotiate). Afterall, who would you rather come in god forbid JC gets hurt? Collins? That is a scary thought.

Liking him as a person and wanting him to be the starting quarterback are two different things. If he raised his hand, then it sounds like he understood that, and you should have raised your hand too.

Doesn't matter if the other riders didn't understand the difference. They didn't have the benefit of the good home training you're giving your son.

Hey, you asked.

My six year-old son yesterday on the metro bus asked aloud, "Raise your hand if you like Bill Cowher!" No one raised their hand. Then he said, "Raise your hand if you like Joe Gibbs!" Everyone on the bus raised their hands. Lastly, he said, "Raise your hand if you like Mark Brunnell!" My son was the only one with his hand raised.

So I ask you, am I a bad mother for leaving my son hanging? Should I have showed solidarity by raising my hand too? It was so cute and funny, I just had to share this with the ES community.

Ahh, the innocence of youth!

No way! Support the Redskins first and formost! ;)

I think Brunell bought time for JC, and thats why I didn't mind him so much. He also helped us to the playoffs which I did appreciate also. I like Mark Brunell, but if that question is an implication as to whether or not I think he should still be playing then I would hate him. He's a classy guy, and most likely has real useful information to give Jason Campbell, but he shouldn't be playing.

Brunell had no business starting this season. He showed in the preseason he wasn't very good at all, and yet we let him run this impotent offense into the ground before benching him. Yes, this was a poor coaching move, and yes they are allowed to make mistakes. However, with Saunders offense, Brunell just didn't fit, or even come close to being capable of being the trigger man in this sophisticated offense. Hey, the kid has loyalty, I wonder if Joe Gibbs had a little talk with him maybe?

Archived