Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Raise your hand if you like Mark Brunnell!

maebu2

I like him. He gave us 05 against Dallas. That will always be in my heart as an amazing memory.

Agreed. Before Gibbs and Brunell we never beat Dallas. I was beginning to believe we'd never beat them again. Brunell didn't get me a Super Bowl but he did what couldn't be done since '91.

:sucks:

Greaaaat. Lots of people don't like Brunell. We get it.:doh:

No, YOU don't get it! I didn't relay this story about my son to say, "Lots of people don't like Brunell." I started this topic because I thought it was cute and funny. If anything, it speaks volumes to a child's unconditional loyalty and support to his favorite team and one of his favorite players no matter how bad they are playing.

Can we stop the Brunnell bashing please!!

1. JC is playing on sunday so can we support him now instead of bashing MB

2. MB is supporting the team as a backup, and helping JC.

3. The most important thing now is to start winning games.

The plays off's are 7 wins away starting on Sunday

No, YOU don't get it! I didn't relay this story about my son to say, "Lots of people don't like Brunell." I started this topic because I thought it was cute and funny. If anything, it speaks volumes to a child's unconditional loyalty and support to his favorite team and one of his favorite players no matter how bad they are playing.

It may be a cute story but I still think it can be added to the gazillion other threads that take a shot at Brunell whether it is intentional or not. I believe you when you say that this thread was not meant to demean MB, but I think it has that effect whether you like it or not. You basically point out that a lot of strangers on the bus don't like Mark. I still like Mark and would have raised my hand. I would rather you have just kept it to yourself. No offense meant.

Can we stop the Brunnell bashing please!!

1. JC is playing on sunday so can we support him now instead of bashing MB

2. MB is supporting the team as a backup, and helping JC.

3. The most important thing now is to start winning games.

The plays off's are 7 wins away starting on Sunday

This is not a bash brunell thread!! It is a funny story about what my kid did on the bus. If you perceive me to be bashing brunell by starting this topic, you are sorely wrong! Don't be so sensitive! Life is too short.

This is getting really old and most of you people that continue to bash on a dead horse are beginning to look like the 6 year olds around here. It's over. He's out. Campbell is in. Damn. :doh:

Edit : And no, I am not speaking to the orignal poster of this thread.

It may be a cute story but I still think it can be added to the gazillion other threads that take a shot at Brunell whether it is intentional or not. I believe you when you say that this thread was not meant to demean MB, but I think it has that effect whether you like it or not. You basically point out that a lot of strangers on the bus don't like Mark. I still like Mark and would have raised my hand. I would rather you have just kept it to yourself. No offense meant.

And I also stated that my son does like Mark too that's why he raised his hand. I also pointed out that I probably should have raised my hand and supported my son too! That's why I asked if I was a bad mom for not raising it.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing. I wish you had kept your "THIS TOPIC SUCKS!" thoughts to yourself.

As I said in a previous post, life is too short to be so sensitive.

My six year-old son yesterday on the metro bus asked aloud, "Raise your hand if you like Bill Cowher!" No one raised their hand. Then he said, "Raise your hand if you like Joe Gibbs!" Everyone on the bus raised their hands. Lastly, he said, "Raise your hand if you like Mark Brunnell!" My son was the only one with his hand raised.

So I ask you, am I a bad mother for leaving my son hanging? Should I have showed solidarity by raising my hand too? It was so cute and funny, I just had to share this with the ES community.

Ahh, the innocence of youth!

:applause:

Symbolic of hand raising.........................Do I like these posts? Flip the finger and move it mid-hand;;).

As I said in a previous post, life is too short to be so sensitive.

I think everyone on this board is beyond the point of being too sensitive when it comes to negative Brunell threads and posts. It's not like this is the first time I've heard of something demeaning Brunell and I just exploded. This has been going on for months if not longer. Have you been reading the board during that time? I still think that this story's underlying message is that no one likes Brunell but I believe that you did not share this story to send that message. That's just the was it happened and it seems like enough is enough.

Haha, Thanks for sharing that maebu. Did your son seemed upset that noone raised their hand?

Yes he did. He doesn't know that Jason Campbell is the new starting QB yet. He will find out on Sunday. I made sure he did not see any of the news reports on the switch.

Brunell has done alot for the community and to help out the team all he could. Yeah he is getting a little old, so what? Who doesn't? Doesn't change who he is, and he's a good guy. I hope he stays around so we can cheer and stomp for qb's he coaches and mentors for decades to come. In 20 years who wil have been tutored by Gibbs closley? Him and a handful of others. We need Mr Brunell around.

I love Mark Brunell. The team does too. He's the definition of a class act. Great guy. I have all the respect in the world for him and feel bad that things went the way they did. It would have been awesome if he could have taken us to the playoffs again or better yet the super bowl because it couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

I love Mark Brunell. The team does too. He's the definition of a class act. Great guy. I have all the respect in the world for him and feel bad that things went the way they did. It would have been awesome if he could have taken us to the playoffs again or better yet the super bowl because it couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Quoted for truth. It really sucks how this season went, and if I had it my way Brunnel would be taking us straight into the superbowl, just to silence the people that hate him.

The guy's got a very gentle spirit. So, here's to you, Brunnel. :cheers:

My six year-old son yesterday on the metro bus asked aloud, "Raise your hand if you like Bill Cowher!" No one raised their hand. Then he said, "Raise your hand if you like Joe Gibbs!" Everyone on the bus raised their hands. Lastly, he said, "Raise your hand if you like Mark Brunnell!" My son was the only one with his hand raised.

So I ask you, am I a bad mother for leaving my son hanging? Should I have showed solidarity by raising my hand too? It was so cute and funny, I just had to share this with the ES community.

Ahh, the innocence of youth!

cute story, i got a big chuckle out of that!!:laugh:

Archived