Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Portis fo Edge???

FunBunch7

Edge is on the edge. In mind he is about done. We will keep CP, the man is a football player. I have never seen a premier back who will do the dirty work like Portis. He will stick his nose in there and take on any blitzing line backer. I think it was Shelton Quarles that he absolutely laid out in Tampa last year.

after that block Portis was on the sideline saying "did you see that? Yea, he went to sleep" :D

MY only fear is that--much like Arrington--Portis has 2 huge injuries in one year at a young age. My fingers are crossed that these will be non-issues next year. But with Arrington... the injuries lingered.

The injury to Portis's shoulder is also an injury that doesn't go away. And now that his hand is broken, they're going to go ahead and have surgery on his shoulder. That means there was much more damage done to that shoulder than they let the press/media/fans know. So what's the truth on his shoulder? Is it really that bad that it needs surgery?

Makes ya wonder about his career going forward... And if it is a lingering problem injury, are fans going to turn on Portis like they did on Arrington? THAT'S my biggest concern...

This deal would never go through - its missing some of the crucial elements of any Redskins trade. Here's my thoughts: the Skins trade Portis, Cooley and next year's first round draft choice for Edge, Fitzgerald, and Kurt Warner. That would have everything: accelerated signing bonuses, getting rid of productive players, throwing away future draft choices, overloading a single position with high dollar FAs and getting a has-been. On the Cardinal's side, they have an opportunity to destroy the career of yet another top-5 draft choice. Everyone's a winner.

Portis for Edge!?!?...Portis for picks is more like it.... I dont want to say anything too soon because I havent seen Betts/Duckett as a pair, but I think that if we were to get rid of Portis at all this offseason, it would have to be for a high draft pick so that we can recover this floudering defense.

Yikes, are you Dan Snyder in disguise? Blockbuster signings and trades have hurt the reputation of the organization as well as its teams. Once fans and ownership start realizing that we're dealing with a real sport and not a fantasy league, maybe we'll win more games.

Don't go telling me to turn in my Redskin Card or anything...

I was just thinking that sometimes players need a new environment...I live here in the Phoenix area and it goes without saying that Edgerrin James is not happy in AZ. Portis likewise, seems to be biting his toungue in a somewhat "whiney" way going back to "why" he was in there in the first pre season game.

Both Portis and Edge are pretty equal in my book and they both have fat-butt salaries. I like Portis' heart on the field, but there is one statement he made last year that I still don't like...it was right before the Monday Night Miracle in Dallas...our coaching staff brought in some old veterans to talk about Dallas week and the rivalry etc...Portis was interviewed after the "old guys" were brought in...Joe Theismann was amoung them...Portis said he knew it was a big rivalry and didn't need a bunch of "ghosts" to be brought in here to tell him that...

It just so happens, that those "ghosts" as he put it, are the back bone of the history of this oranization. I know I'm just venting, but maybe a change of scenery will be good for Portis and for Edge. Thoughts?

Ditto on keeping CP for at least one more year.

As far as that Ghost comment, chalk it up to the desrespected attitude of young ball players out there. Reminded by the conversation that Charles Barkley and Mike Jordan had with Allen Iverson.

Jordan and Barkley told A.I. that he ought to respect the players of the past because they are the foundation of the game.

A.I. replyed, "I don't give a damn about the past.":helmet:

Still, :notworthy to the :helmet: !

Clinton Portis is NOT going to move teams and that's that. Portis is a better back then Edgerrin. People couldn't stack the line against him because of Wayne and Harrison. Portis had a 1,500 YD season with only Moss to spread the field. He is faster and just as good a pass blocker. Edge is great but I'd take Portis.

Archived