Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell to start sundaY!!@ (Merge)

skinsngibbs4life

Well, now JC will have his chance to show us if he's for real or if he's a bust. He's been sitting on the sidelines, having now had roughly TEN MONTHS to learn the terminology and sets of this offense. Now it's time for us to see if he can do it on the field.

The jury is now going to get to see the evidence. Jason Campbell is going to get an opportunity to show us if Joe Gibbs made a good decision or a terrible one in trading up to get him in the first round.

It should be VERY, VERY interesting.

Nothing official about it that I see. A quote

" Every Monday, Joe Gibbs assembles his assistants for a staff meeting. The subject of third sting quarterback Jason Campbell comes up. Each week, Gibbs goes around the room and has an open discussion of when to give Campbell the chance to start ahead of quarterback Mark Brunell. While it is likely Brunell will start next Sunday's game against Tampa Bay, Campbell's time is coming soon. The Redskins are 3-6 and all but out of playoff contention. The coaches like Campbell's progress, but Gibbs feels compelled to stay with a veteran quarterback to placate a team that is trying hard. While it's not out of the question for Campbell to get the start, it's more reasonable to expect him to be in the lineup sometime after Thanksgiving, possibly in Week 12. By the way, don't think that Gibbs is going to step down at the end of the season. He spent part of recent weeks in meetings looking at the 2007 salary cap and its implications on the Redskins."

Your little blurb was what was on Sportscenter this morning.... The JC announcement was breaking news out of washington about 5mins ago. Its true.

I think with Portis out and Brunell, not able to run as well. It gives us the best chance of running the ball. It makes perfect since. Oh, I AM very happy Jason gets to prove he is ready. With his arm and the ablilty to run, this will give the bucs who are having troubles on defense even more to think about and how to prepare. Good luck Jason Campbell!!!!! I am behind you, as I'm sure so are most, if not all of us.

Well, now JC will have his chance to show us if he's for real or if he's a bust. He's been sitting on the sidelines, having now had roughly TEN MONTHS to learn the terminology and sets of this offense. Now it's time for us to see if he can do it on the field.

The jury is now going to get to see the evidence. Jason Campbell is going to get an opportunity to show us if Joe Gibbs made a good decision or a terrible one in trading up to get him in the first round.

It should be VERY, VERY interesting.

You won't learn this on Sunday, but we'll begin to learn this answer by seasons end.

Archived