Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

old school redskins

mikeymo1

Now that brings back LOTS of memories. I was in a Saturday-morning bowling league and they had the game on. They had three TV sets going in the bowling alley and, after I got done with my bowling, I would run to the nearest TV set to watch the game. Most of the people inside cared more about the game than their scores. In fact, the league coach would give scoring updates after each play. My team captain and I almost got into a fist fight because he was a real Cowboys fan.

When the Redskins scored that last touchdown on the interception, the entire bowling alley erupted! I had just gotten done bowling and I was watching the play as it took place. The place was electric!

The memories of that day. We were sitting on to the left of the Redskins

bench, on the goal line, and about 5 rows from the top. Our seats were

under the canopy. We overlooked the dugout for the Redskins tunnel.

I've never experienced a stadium or arena that was electric as RFK was

that day. That was a great day.

RFK holds many memories for me.

My parents were at that game. I loved Dave Butz helmet with the paint peeling off. Loved that old stadium.

The hit by Harvey Martin on Theismann would be a personal foul today for a blow to the head.

Dallass had NO CHANCE in that game. Probably the only time against them that I knew we would in it.

I was at the game that day. After the game was over about 25 minutes my brother and I went down on the field. We were feeling no pain and were waiting to go anywhere until we got more sober. We tried to find a way out of the stadium and we decided to go through a tunnel off the field just to get out. The next thing we know we find ourselves outside the Redskins locker room. Immediately a security guard came up to us. He must have thought we belonged there because he said we could stay there.

We were the only persons standing inside the hall outside the locker room. I had a copy of the sports page of the washington post and as the players left I asked them to sign the newspaper. It was crazy. The players who were left came out and we were the first fans they saw. They were so happy they stopped and signed my newspaper. Joe Theisman, Mike Nelms, Charlie Brown,Darrell Grant, and lastly Dexter Manley came out with two beautiful women on each arm. I asked if he would sign my newspaper. He said sure and took it and said he hadn't read what the Post had said about him and the game and he opened it up and looked like he was starting to read it. Then he told the women to read it because he had forgotten his glasses. She read a few things then he signed the paper and left with them. (of course we found out years later he was very bad at reading)

I coudn't believe our luck. I had to find a bathroom and while I was gone my brother said that Sonny and Sam had gone by.

I still have the newspaper and maybe I will somehow put it on my sig. I don't

know how but I will do it. I am not BS ing. Pure dumb luck.

We went down to hall to get out and there were all the fans waiting at the outside door. I never would have gone thru that tunnel if I had been sober.

Unfortunately we didn't see John Riggins but what the heck. Of course they went and won the superbowl later.

Best Redskin moment ever. If anyone reads this and can tell me how to show that newspaper on line please tell me. :point2sky

By the way the only thing good at being 59 years old is that I was around that day.

I actually was sitting in the upper deck about 3 rows from the top. It took us that long to make it down to the field. Everyone was estatic. I was so gone I didn't realize that was the redskins tunnel. There were fans milling around on the field and we just went thru the tunnel. I think it was the dugout. I can't remember exactly.

I actually was sitting in the upper deck about 3 rows from the top. It took us that long to make it down to the field. Everyone was estatic. I was so gone I didn't realize that was the redskins tunnel. There were fans milling around on the field and we just went thru the tunnel. I think it was the dugout. I can't remember exactly.

I was the dugout. We here directly above that. Remember a buddy of mine's son was laying on dugout before a game. Suddenly a Mike Bragg popped out of the tunnel. He turned and looked and Kevin and said how

you doing today. The boy was stunned. :laugh:

Riggins44 Did you see people on the field after the game?

There were no security people around 20 to 30 minutes after the game. The security guard we ran into in the hall actually said to us that he would stop the players and then we could get their autographs. We really didn't see him again. I guess everyone thought we were suppose to be there. It was a great day just like you said.

Man I loved that game!

Dave Butz is one of my all-time faves too. I read a story once, that he had to run over some road kill to have a good game. How's that for a superstition?

And the Riggo drill by John and the Hogs? Man, I LOVED that thing. I know QB's wanna throw the ball, but I would LOVE to see the Skins get back to pounding that ball in the opposing teams face until they are sore and hurt and just begging for the game to end.

Big plays hapen sometimes, but good D and solid running 50 Gut's still wins championshiips.

Just watched it again...

WATCH that hit on Joe early on? MAN! that was FOOTBALL! A defender doing that these days would get flagged so fast it ain't funny!

Anyone else think the NFL is getting a bit TOO protective and gimping defenses?

I mean it's SUPPOSED to be hard hitting, gut wrenching, smashmouth FOOTBALL. Not touchy-feely ball ....

I was at the game that day. After the game was over about 25 minutes my brother and I went down on the field. We were feeling no pain and were waiting to go anywhere until we got more sober. We tried to find a way out of the stadium and we decided to go through a tunnel off the field just to get out. The next thing we know we find ourselves outside the Redskins locker room. Immediately a security guard came up to us. He must have thought we belonged there because he said we could stay there.

We were the only persons standing inside the hall outside the locker room. I had a copy of the sports page of the washington post and as the players left I asked them to sign the newspaper. It was crazy. The players who were left came out and we were the first fans they saw. They were so happy they stopped and signed my newspaper. Joe Theisman, Mike Nelms, Charlie Brown,Darrell Grant, and lastly Dexter Manley came out with two beautiful women on each arm. I asked if he would sign my newspaper. He said sure and took it and said he hadn't read what the Post had said about him and the game and he opened it up and looked like he was starting to read it. Then he told the women to read it because he had forgotten his glasses. She read a few things then he signed the paper and left with them. (of course we found out years later he was very bad at reading)

I coudn't believe our luck. I had to find a bathroom and while I was gone my brother said that Sonny and Sam had gone by.

I still have the newspaper and maybe I will somehow put it on my sig. I don't

know how but I will do it. I am not BS ing. Pure dumb luck.

We went down to hall to get out and there were all the fans waiting at the outside door. I never would have gone thru that tunnel if I had been sober.

Unfortunately we didn't see John Riggins but what the heck. Of course they went and won the superbowl later.

Best Redskin moment ever. If anyone reads this and can tell me how to show that newspaper on line please tell me. :point2sky

By the way the only thing good at being 59 years old is that I was around that day.

Man, what a great story! Now that's a true great moment in Redskins fan history. Good for you! :applause: :notworthy

Anyone else think the NFL is getting a bit TOO protective and gimping defenses?

I mean it's SUPPOSED to be hard hitting, gut wrenching, smashmouth FOOTBALL. Not touchy-feely ball ....

Oh yeah...waaaaayyyy too protective!...anytime celebrating gets a flag...its over the top. I can understand the blatant ones that cause an uproar..but the simple little dances are something...they shouldn't call that...and you can't even breathe on a QB these days...what pansies!..

:eaglesuck :point2sky :point2sky

Archived