Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

At least 7 states ban gay marriage...

rincewind

Well, I'm happy with the way most elections went yesterday. But, at least 7 states have voted in State Constitutional amendments that put on a ban on allowing the state to recognize gay marriages. I have to ask - why the **** are people so interested in the way other's use their own religion and what they do in their own bedroom?

I also don't understand why in this day and age people are offended and embarrased if you call them a racist - yet people are allowed (and often encouraged) to openly be prejudiced against gay people.

And least the marijuana vote in Nevada was close - and we could see some more states decriminalize very soon. :)

I just don't get it. What business is it of the government?

I don't approve of gay marriage... but I definitely don't want the government involved.

It's not the governments, it's the people that want this stuff on the ballots. And people overwhelmingly passed the amendments

It's not the governments, it's the people that want this stuff on the ballots. And people overwhelmingly passed the amendments

The political spin machine is what has forced this issue on the American people.

It's a non-issue. How many gay people do you know who want to get married?

Well, I'm happy with the way most elections went yesterday. But, at least 7 states have voted in State Constitutional amendments that put on a ban on allowing the state to recognize gay marriages. I have to ask - why the **** are people so interested in the way other's use their own religion and what they do in their own bedroom?

I also don't understand why in this day and age people are offended and embarrased if you call them a racist - yet people are allowed (and often encouraged) to openly be prejudiced against gay people.

And least the marijuana vote in Nevada was close - and we could see some more states decriminalize very soon. :)

is it to let the state have gay marriages or recognize etc... there is a difference there i would like to see the polling information on this

I don't understand why people are so focused on forcing their belief system on other either...

I feel what you're saying, and I agree... but it works both ways...

NOBODY has forced their belief system on the American people like the homosexuals have.

I'm sick of it... from both sides. As Americans, we should demand better.

The political spin machine is what has forced this issue on the American people.

It's a non-issue. How many gay people do you know who want to get married?

YOU think it's a non-issue. But a lot of people in this country and in those states are sick of seeing the pervs smear the word marriage

is it to let the state have gay marriages or recognize etc... there is a difference there i would like to see the polling information on this

Here is how it was worded on the Arizona ballot:

Proposed amendment to the Arizona Constitution would define marriage as a union solely between a man and a woman; would prohibit the state from creating or recognizing any legal status for unmarried persons that is similar to that of marriage.

YOU think it's a non-issue. But a lot of people in this country and in those states are sick of seeing the pervs smear the word marriage

I'm sick of seeing you smear the word perv. :rolleyes:

Also, could you please answer this:

Can't you guys see gay marriage is destroying regular marriage and gay people don't have the rights the rest of us do because they are beneath us. GOD SAID SO and God is never wrong and neither is the bible. Just last week somebody I knew got a divorce. The husband was sleeping with another woman but clearly this marriage was ruined by all ther gays. Furthermore, gays should not have the right to vote, and they should all have to register weith the sex offender list because gays are all pedophiles.

Hey, it ain't easy trying to out-ignorance Sarge.

So you think there should be an ammendment to the constitution?

What else do many of the people in this country not like that we should create ammendments on?

Not wearing white after Labor Day? No belly shirts for fat women?

Where is marriage addressed by the founding fathers?

Again, it's none of the government's business. Where it DOES become their business is the legal rights afforded to married couples. So the government has stepped into our lives in that regard, and made the private, religious institution of marriage a legal term... and to solve it, we're proposing that the governement meddle some more, and pass a few more laws.

I find it highly ironic that the same right wingers who demand that the governement not touch their guns, and demand that the government stay the hell out of their lives, and demand that the government reduce taxes... these are the same people begging the government to step back into our lives to prevent actions they personally don't approve of. :rolleyes: How do you justify that?

I'm sick of seeing you smear the word perv. :rolleyes:

Also, could you please answer this:

Who said I'm "embarrassed" to be called a racist?

I've been called that for my stance against the homo's

I've been called that for my position on arabs

I've been called that for my position on the border

Let's see, any other instance?

Honestly, sticks and stones

And getting called that from some of the people that have lobbed it out there is kind of a badge of honor

It's not the governments, it's the people that want this stuff on the ballots.

Now YOU are the one being naive.

These wedge issue ballot initiatives are put on the ballot by political operatives for one reason: to get people all angry and to come out and vote (because if they do they will also vote for the Republican (or Democratic) candidate). The Political Parties drive the initiative battles for electoral purposes to manipulate the voters like sheep - not because they care that much about the specific issue.

Can't you guys see gay marriage is destroying regular marriage and gay people don't have the rights the rest of us do because they are beneath us. GOD SAID SO and God is never wrong and neither is the bible. Just last week somebody I knew got a divorce. The husband was sleeping with another woman but clearly this marriage was ruined by all ther gays. Furthermore, gays should not have the right to vote, and they should all have to register weith the sex offender list because gays are all pedophiles.

Hey, it ain't easy trying to out-ignorance Sarge.

Well I personally believe in God, and I do not approve of the homosexual lifestyle. I also don't approve of gay marriage. But I am not in favor of any constitutional ammendments / laws banning gay marriage. If they want to marry each other, fine. They're not hurting anyone, and they'll have to answer to a higher authority someday.

So while I'm sure you think you're clever for bringing religion into this under the vail of sarcasm and painting those who dissaprove of the homosexual lifestyle as 'ignorant', when you do so, you demonstrate your own ignorance.

:2cents:

Archived