Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"Brunell for Pro Bowl" sig needs to go.

gca61087

Ok guys, lets take a look at his "pro bowl" worthy stats.

Through 8 games: 146-229 (63%) for 1,657 yards. 8 TD, 3 INT.

Projected through 16 games: 292(edit, oops)-458 (63%) 3,314. 16 TD, 6 INT.

I'm sorry, you have to throw 20 touchdowns to be a pro-bowler. At the very least.

His yardage is pretty good, but take away about 200 for the junk at end of games, 400 off the projected. That puts him at 2,914 yards. To be a pro-bowler you need 3,000 real yards. At the very least. I know nobody is going to take away these stat-padding yards, but I refuse to acknowledge them when considering him for the pro bowl.

Fact is, Brunell has stifiled this offense and has not led them to a meaningful victory. Santana's RAC ability and a blown angle by the Jags safety in OT won the Jacksonville game IMO, and the Texans defense wasn't a formidable opponent at the time, although they look better now. He did look better against Dallas, but made three horrible throws that could have cost us the game. The throw to Lloyd in the endzone should have been picked, the throw that hit Roy Williams' right in the face should have been picked, and the late throw to Cooley should have been picked. Thank god Cooley is a beast and made a great play on that ball.

I think Brunell is having a decent season, not nearly a pro bowl season. The only thing that is keeping him his job, and his "decent" status is the fact that he isn't turning the ball over. He's lucky at least 4 sure interceptions have been dropped, or ya'll wouldn't have a semi-legit case.

Ok guys, lets take a look at his "pro bowl" worthy stats.

Through 8 games: 146-229 (63%) for 1,657 yards. 8 TD, 3 INT.

Projected through 16 games: 192-458 (63%) 3,314. 16 TD, 6 INT.

I'm sorry, you have to throw 20 touchdowns to be a pro-bowler. At the very least.

His yardage is is pretty good, but take away about 200 for the junk at end of games, 400 off the projected. That puts him at 2,914 yards. To be a pro-bowler you need 3,000 real yards. At the very least. I know nobody is going to take away these stat-padding yards, but I refuse to acknowledge them when considering him for the pro bowl.

Fact is, Brunell has stifiled this offense and has not led them to a meaningful victory. Santana's RAC ability and a blown angle by the Jags safety in OT won the Jacksonville game IMO, and the Texans defense wasn't a formidable opponent at the time, although they look better now. He did look better in Dallas, but made three horrible throws that could have cost us the game. The throw to Lloyd in the endzone should have been picked, the throw that hit Roy Williams' right in the face should have been picked, and the late throw to Cooley should have been picked. Thank god Cooley is a beast and made a great play on that ball.

I think Brunell is having a decent season, not nearly a pro bowl season. The only thing that is keeping him his job, and his "decent" status is the fact that he isn't turning the ball over. He's lucky at least 4 sure interceptions have been dropped, or ya'll wouldn't have a semi-legit case.

No other QBs in the NFL pick up garbage yards.

No other QBs in the NFL have balls that could have been intercepted, but weren't.

No other QBs in the NFL benefit from the playmaking abilities of their receivers.

No other QBs in the NFL have balls that could have been intercepted, but weren't.

No other QBs in the NFL benefit from the playmaking abilities of their receivers.

Ok, I understand what your saying, I know he isn't the only one. That doesn't defend his case as a pro bowler.

What NFL games do you watch.... every week there are probably a dozen passes that "could've been picked off" the only problem is that they aren't.. there is a reason they are DBs... if they had better hands they would be WRs...

Every QB in the league benefits from playmakers that catch the ball... if not they would be using linemen on the deep post every other down... give me a break.. it is a team sport for a reason...

Why do RBs need a line??? oh that is right.. to block someone so they can RUN WITH THE BALL....

Brunnell...Probowl??? He should be making enough to buy a decent seat I would think....

I was thinking about buying one also this year.

Yeah, and he still has 4 years left on his contract after this season. he'll get to finish out the decade going on redskins $$. :doh:

I really dont think Brunell is our problem. I just don't. If the O-line isnt playing up to scratch or an opposing D is a good one, and Brunell isn't given time, then yeah, hes shaky. Hes not the QB he was. But im sure the teething probs of JC will frustrate u just as much.

And look at the QB ratings of ppl like Michael Vick, Brett Favre, Daunte Culpepper, Steve McNair, Brad Johnson, Jake Plummer and Ben Roethlisberger. All well below Brunell. My point is, i dont see any of the QB's getting so beat up on by their own fans and press.

I really dont think Brunell is our problem. I just don't. If the O-line isnt playing up to scratch or an opposing D is a good one, and Brunell isn't given time, then yeah, hes shaky. Hes not the QB he was. But im sure the teething probs of JC will frustrate u just as much.

And look at the QB ratings of ppl like Michael Vick, Brett Favre, Daunte Culpepper, Steve McNair, Brad Johnson, Jake Plummer and Ben Roethlisberger. All well below Brunell. My point is, i dont see any of the QB's getting so beat up on by their own fans and press.

Brunell is A problem, not THE problem. This team has lots of problems. And yeah, JC would make his share of mistakes. As long as we're in it, MB should be the starter. This thread isn't about that though.

I hate the QB rating, it doesnt factor in things like leadership and garbage yards. It's just a number. It says little about the affect he is having in the game.

EDIT: not that you could factor in those thing really, but the QB rating is overrated. It just tells you about stats, not necessarily what is being done to win games. forgive me if this sounds stupid.

I guess in that case Brunell is over and no QB on our list will give you what you want. I'd so love to have a good, settled in QB. Seems everyone we get is a bust or just darn hung at the first sign of a losing season. The erratic play of Brunell does worry me, but hes led us to some strange wins in him time. Something that has show he still has some guts. I hope that aspect rubs off on JC, if anything. Guts.

And just to finish, i dont think we have any probowl candidates on our team this year. Seriously. Unless the next 8 games see's Moss, Portis and Cooley shred the NFL. Something short of a miracle i'd say. What with inconsistant play all round and injuries.

I know. The top six must not get any stats on these things. Just the other 25 starters + Brunell.

Archived