Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "Brandon Lloyd and Randle El were worth it" Thread

SMOSS89

We all know Randle el gives us great field position with the punt return and with the trick plays.

Coming into this year, I never really thought Brandon Lloyd would play as hard as he has so far. Yesterdays game he got hyped up because of a BLOCK. Which is exactly the kind of player i want on my team. Not only that but he made some great catches and got the interference call for us and showed he can really be a real #2 if given the opportunity.

They both just need time and some better overall offesnive play to give us what we need. They are both totally capable and i hope they stick around long enough for us to fit them in. Pity about that big Lloyd catch called back by a holding call yesterday.

ARE is fine. I don't think Brandon Lloyd was worth 2 draft picks though. Especially when you see the lack of depth on this team. Plus if the Skins had just waited a year they could of signed him as a FA and kept those picks to use on the defense and OL.

correction...

Archuleta = horrible pickup

There, I feel better :)

GC

I think the GW is still trying to find out what he wants to do with him...which is very, very sad:(

IMO

Grades of FA signings:

Lloyd: A

ARE: A

Vincent: A (very surprising)

Rumph: B-

Wright: C (up from a D with Sunday's play PI notwithstanding)

Carter: B-

AA: C-

Fauria (for Robert Johnson): D

There is no doubt. Every time Randle El touches the ball, you expect it to go all the way. Lloyd is a good receiver to take the pressure off of Moss. If Brunell would throw more 15 yard passes over the middle to these guys and Moss like

he did to Thrash, we'd be in great shape.

I think the GW is still trying to find out what he wants to do with him...which is very, very sad:(

IMO

Grades of FA signings:

Lloyd: A

ARE: A

Vincent: A (very surprising)

Rumph: B-

Wright: C (up from a D with Sunday's play PI notwithstanding)

Carter: B-

AA: C-

Fauria (for Robert Johnson): D

i agree with all of these grades except for Rumph. i mean it's hard to give him a grade since we didn't lose anything for him (except for taylor jacobs, big deal). we didn't expect him to be great, we just wanted to get rid of jacobs. so getting someone that we can use instead of having someone that we never use gets an A from me.

Why in the hell did we go away from him. Obviously he was a big part of how well we moved the ball on our first possession, and then we stopped goin to him for awhile...later in the game i was happy we were stretching the field with him, but we need to run more of those quick slants like on his first catch, as opposed to always throwing screens.

B Lloyd is a hell of a player, I wanted him more than any other receiver coming into this year, its crazy when your team actually picks the one player you want for them :)

As much as I agree about Fauria getting man-handled and such...the few times he went one-on-one with demarcus ware....what were we thinking, thats not gonna work, hell ware would probably kick any of our o-linemen's ass one-on-one with maybe the exception of randy thomas

As much as I agree about Fauria getting man-handled and such...the few times he went one-on-one with demarcus ware....what were we thinking, thats not gonna work, hell ware would probably kick any of our o-linemen's ass one-on-one with maybe the exception of randy thomas

Actually Samuels did a pretty good job on Ware. In 4 games against Ware, Samuels has yet to allow a sack. DeMarcus Ware is not all that he is hyped up to be. I guess when you're a Cowboy thats what you got. Too much hype.

Actually Samuels did a pretty good job on Ware. In 4 games against Ware, Samuels has yet to allow a sack. DeMarcus Ware is not all that he is hyped up to be. I guess when you're a Cowboy thats what you got. Too much hype.

I didn't know that, haha well then I take back my statement. I cannot completely agree that Ware is overrated. He's pretty damn good, he's got impressive speed and is a great bull rusher as well. He's no Merriman by any stretch of the imagination, but I've got to believe he's better than any of our ends at this point.

That being said, Fauria still should not be matched up with him. :laugh:

Archived