Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN's Expert picks (week 9)

Monkart

I was being sarcastic.With moss out and Boonell in Id pick Dallas too.Heartbreaking but you have to bet with your head.

Heartbreaking for him (money wise, Not from his fan point of view) if this game causes him to lose the pool!! :laugh:

I was being sarcastic.With moss out and Boonell in Id pick Dallas too.Heartbreaking but you have to bet with your head.

Agreed. Maybe I jumped the gun, I just get sick of seeing Skins fans jump on Theismann for whatever reason. My bad.

Agreed. Maybe I jumped the gun, I just get sick of seeing Skins fans jump on Theismann for whatever reason. My bad.

Big fan of Joe.I like te way he calls a game,hes not a sell out,hell call a bad call a bad call.I was being sarcastic because I told alot of skins fans to bet the Colts 2 weeks ago and I was labeled a fairweather fan :rubeyes:

Big fan of Joe.I like te way he calls a game,hes not a sell out,hell call a bad call a bad call.I was being sarcastic because I told alot of skins fans to bet the Colts 2 weeks ago and I was labeled a fairweather fan :rubeyes:

I hear you. Besides, the way I look at it, if the Skins win, I'll be happier than a hog in slop. If they lose, yeah that sucks, but hey! At least I got the pick right! :doh:

No Moss means big trouble for the Redskins. Moss was the one player that seemed to really thrive under the pressure of this rivalry on the Washington side, even though he was new to it having arrived in 2005.

If the Redskins do win this game it will be because the team finally shows up with the required energy and emotion and combines that with good enough execution to avoid penalties and negative plays.

This team is still full of guys that are hobbling around despite being listed as probable for the game.

Meanwhile, Dallas at 4-3 is closer to being in the East race and has more riding on this game with Arizona on tap next week with a chance to go 6-3.

No Moss means big trouble for the Redskins. Moss was the one player that seemed to really thrive under the pressure of this rivalry on the Washington side, even though he was new to it having arrived in 2005.

Cooley seemed to thrive the second game last year!! :thumbsup:

and mainly because the Cowboys were afraid of Moss deep and Portis in the backfield.

now there is no Moss and Portis has not been used as effectively as in 2005.

so, guess what? the Cowboys are going to double cover Cooley on third downs and make Brunell find some other way of keeping the offense on the field.

and mainly because the Cowboys were afraid of Moss deep and Portis in the backfield.

so, guess what? the Cowboys are going to double cover Cooley on third downs and make Brunell find some other way of keeping the offense on the field.

Like bribing the line judge.

I disagree. Parcells may think that we think he'll double-team Cooley, so he won't. He'll single cover him and hope that it works. He'd rather not leave someone else open or decrease the pass rush.

He did the same thing with Moss in the 1st game.

Theismann picks Dallas.Good pick Joe.You fairweather fan.:rolleyes:

Why blame Theismann? The Skins have lost their edge. They have been under performing for over a decade.

The fan and even the most diehard fans have gradually started fading away. The ONUS is on the coaches, and players to regain the trust, respect, and loyalty of their fans.

Talks is cheap! Time for the Skins to deliver. :helmet:

on the surface the Redskins should put up a good fight here because it is a division game at home against a club that embarrassed Washington on national television a few weeks ago. that is what Jaworski, as a former NFC East player, is focusing on IMO.

the problem is THIS Redskins team in 2006 hasn't played with very much emotion outside of the Jacksonville game. That was the only time we saw 60 minutes of football where the entire team was united and played together to win.

you can point to the Houston game as well, but the Texans were going so poorly at that point it really wasn't a competitive game.

one thing you have to keep in mind though is that this team has fallen down against both the Vikings and Titans at home, games that a quality team should win.

Look at what the Patriots did to Minnesota last Monday night. A REAL quarterback in Brady shredded the Vikings back seven for 372 yards. And this was the club we struggled to score 16 points against at home? :(

The Titans' Travis Henry ran for 178 yards at Fedex. Sorry, I guess I missed the memo where Tomlinson switched jerseys with Henry before the Skins game and played the game incognito :laugh:

Archived