Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN's Expert picks (week 9)

Monkart

I don't no what to think I just hope we can get a win I'm sick of hearing this Cowboys Fans and I'm tried of the Skins Lack Luster Perfomances. This game is at home and They need to Start playing with so Pride I haven't seen this team show REDSKIN pride That"s what it's going to take to win this game and to get this season Back on track

And to I'd rather that everyone pick against us cause when they do that alot of the times we win the game so I hope that works this time as well

thdallassucks.jpg

for one magical season in 2005 the Redskins protected the home turf well, the way they used to.

in 2006 we have seemingly regressed to the Turner and Spurrier years when punk teams like the Titans and Vikings can come in here and run us over.

how sad.

on the surface the Redskins should put up a good fight here because it is a division game at home against a club that embarrassed Washington on national television a few weeks ago. that is what Jaworski, as a former NFC East player, is focusing on IMO.

the problem is THIS Redskins team in 2006 hasn't played with very much emotion outside of the Jacksonville game. That was the only time we saw 60 minutes of football where the entire team was united and played together to win.

you can point to the Houston game as well, but the Texans were going so poorly at that point it really wasn't a competitive game.

one thing you have to keep in mind though is that this team has fallen down against both the Vikings and Titans at home, games that a quality team should win.

Look at what the Patriots did to Minnesota last Monday night. A REAL quarterback in Brady shredded the Vikings back seven for 372 yards. And this was the club we struggled to score 16 points against at home? :(

The Titans' Travis Henry ran for 178 yards at Fedex. Sorry, I guess I missed the memo where Tomlinson switched jerseys with Henry before the Skins game and played the game incognito :laugh:

But in all fairness to Travis Henry I am not sure if you remember but this guy has always been a thorn in the Redskins side even when he played with the Bills .. I remember a couple of times or so he had huge games against the Skins .

Sheesh have we NOT had this discussion a billion times? JT always picks the other team(as do I, WORST case scenario I loose a point in my predictions because the Redskins won. I THINK I can live with that.)

Does not totaly surprise me. As bad as the Redskins have been(and might still be), they are coming off a bye, they are going to be treating this game like the playoffs(maybe see some effort out there), and a young QB is a young QB, and is prone to be inconsistent(which produces turnovers).

Archived