Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

One Coach Who Has Done His Job

method man

What sort of Books do you mainly read?  

167 members have voted

1. 1. What sort of Books do you mainly read?

• F: Action/Adventure
    • F: Comics/Graphic Novels
    • F: Erotica
    • F: General Lit./Classics
    • F: Historical
    • F: Horror
    • F: Mystery/Thriller
    • F: Mythology/Religious
    • F: Romance
    • F: Sci-Fi/Fantasy
    • F: Westerns
    • NF: Arts & Entertainment
    • NF: Biography
    • NF: Business
    • NF: Health & Self-Improvement
    • NF: History
    • NF: Home & Lifestyle
    • NF: Politics/Current Events
    • NF: Recreation
    • NF: Reference/Textbooks
    • NF: Science/Technology
    • NF: Spiritual/Philosophy
    • F/NF: Other
    • Books? What are they?

Danny Smith has done a good job with special teams this year. At times this year, when we've looked like ****, our returners have given us good field position. A big part of this is because of Danny Smith's blocking schemes on returns. Something that is really impressive to me is that we have not gotten a holding penatly on a punt return this season despite Randle El probably being one of the hardest punt returners to block for in the NFL. Is it Smith's fault that Novak and Hall suck? No. It is Gibbs's fault. Despite being given a turd as a punter, Smith has worked with him to make him a respectable punter. Although we have given up a few good returns here and there, I'd say we've done a good job on kickoff and punt coverage. Good job Danny :applause:

Danny Smith has done a good job with special teams this year. At times this year, when we've looked like ****, our returners have given us good field position. A big part of this is because of Danny Smith's blocking schemes on returns. Something that is really impressive to me is that we have not gotten a holding penatly on a punt return this season despite Randle El probably being one of the hardest punt returners to block for in the NFL. Is it Smith's fault that Novak and Hall suck? No. It is Gibbs's fault. Despite being given a turd as a punter, Smith has worked with him to make him a respectable punter. Although we have given up a few good returns here and there, I'd say we've done a good job on kickoff and punt coverage. Good job Danny :applause:

Uh. Yeah. It's Gibbs's fault that a player sucks. That makes a hell of a lot of sense.

It's Gibbs's fault for bringing them here, yeah, but Novak is young, Hall is out, though I think that you meant Frost anyway, and Danny Smith works with those two more than Gibbs does.

I agree with everything else, but that part just boggles my mind.

Uh. Yeah. It's Gibbs's fault that a player sucks. That makes a hell of a lot of sense.

It's Gibbs's fault for bringing them here, yeah, but Novak is young, Hall is out, though I think that you meant Frost anyway, and Danny Smith works with those two more than Gibbs does.

What I'm saying is that Gibbs has given Smith borderline NFL talent to work with at kicker and punter. Because Gibbs is the team president, he should've realized Hall had become below average and he should've dumped him and signed either Viniatieri or Vanderjagt

yeah, and he also forgot to tell Frost to Keep his helmet ON while on the field

Frost is responsible for his own bout of anger. You can't blame that on Danny Smith. By the same thread of logic, are you going to blame Al Saunders for Santana headbutting Jason David? No

I agree Danny Smith has done a good job. Since he came aboard our coverage units have been much better than they were prior to him. Plus 2 TDs already from the special teams. Our teams have done very well despite our kicking issues.

The one thing I would fault him for is the decision to send Frost out there to punt the kickoff in Indy. I am pretty sure that is not allowed in that situation. Even if it is allowed, it doesn't make sense b/c:

-the coverage unit doesn't get a running start

-Punts are shanked more than kickoffs

-Kickoffs generally go further than punts

What I'm saying is that Gibbs has given Smith borderline NFL talent to work with at kicker and punter. Because Gibbs is the team president, he should've realized Hall had become below average and he should've dumped him and signed either Viniatieri or Vanderjagt

Gotcha. Makes more sense now. :cheers:

Yeah, we need to get rid of Hall/Novak in a hurry. I wish we would just draft a K in the third or fourth, since we generally either don't have those picks or don't necessarily get great returns. Having had Hall on this squad for so long has been an absolutely foolish. I many years in a row does a guy have to be injured before you realize that he is DONE.

I suppose Coach Smith been able to to a fair bit with the talent he's been given. Maybe Coach Williams can borrow a page out of his book.

It is his fault if he brings in crappy players.

I agree Danny Smith has done a good job. Since he came aboard our coverage units have been much better than they were prior to him. Plus 2 TDs already from the special teams. Our teams have done very well despite our kicking issues.

The one thing I would fault him for is the decision to send Frost out there to punt the kickoff in Indy. I am pretty sure that is not allowed in that situation. Even if it is allowed, it doesn't make sense b/c:

-the coverage unit doesn't get a running start

-Punts are shanked more than kickoffs

-Kickoffs generally go further than punts

That is actually allowed and it turned out to be a really smart move because Frost's punt ended up going 75 yards but because the ref blew the whistle for some reason after the punt, Frost got pissed.

Who's fault is it then? For $5 million/year what is Gibbs' fault?

Who's fault is it then? For $5 million/year what is Gibbs' fault?

Like I said: It's Gibbs's fault for bringing them here, but he's not the special teams coach. You can say that ultimately it's his fault, because he is the director of football operations, but it's more of Danny's responsibility, and even moreso John's and Derrick's.

The state of the team right now is Gibbs's fault. The state of the team when we were flying high last year is Gibbs's fault.

When a company fails and goes out of busienss whos to blame?? Usually the CEO and the rest of the management!!

Archived