Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell took all the snaps with the first team on consecutive days.

nowikonik

GREAT NEWS!

Jason Campbell took all the snaps with the first team on consecutive days. The move could be significant, a sign that the Redskins acknowledge that the disastrous events of the first seven games have accelerated their timetable for getting Campbell prepared to play. Or it could just mean that Campbell merely was filling in for Brunell and is no closer to being activated for his first NFL game, never mind his first start.

"I don't know if it means anything, but it's just good to get out there and be on the field," Campbell said. "It's one thing to read the plays and study the plays, and another to actually execute them, to do it and try to develop a rhythm for the offense."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/25/AR2006102501844.html

Irregardless of whether Brunell is too banged up to practice, the significant dimension here is that it was Campbell and not Collins who took all of the snaps with the first team in Brunell's absence.

True, but from what Gibbs said, if Brunell is unable to go during a game Collins

would take the snaps, if he is unable to go with a weeks notice Campbell will be the starter. So I would suspect that is the reason that Campbell is taking the snaps. In case Brunell is unable to go. That is why I said if Campbell takes the snaps later in the week it would be more significant.

I had originally heard that Collins would take the bulk of the snaps with the first team while Brunell was out. I thought that was the stupidest thing I've heard. If you want to bring a young QB along that is supposed to be the future of the franchise, you'd want to get him as many snaps as possible.

Then I read this, and I was really happy. But then if you read the injury list and see who didn't practice. It's more like they just demoted Mike Sellers and Chris Cooley to the second squad. No Moss, Portis, Randel El, Lloyd, etc.

Dude I am going to be SO pissed if this happens:

Brunell is too banged up to play vs. Dallas. Campbell fills in for him nicely, we win. Brunell is healed for the next week, and Gibbs plays Brunell...

I don't know the likelyhood (SP?) of this happening, but if it does...

People are going to be calling for Joe's head! :laugh: :laugh:

Dude I am going to be SO pissed if this happens:

Brunell is too banged up to play vs. Dallas. Campbell fills in for him nicely, we win. Brunell is healed for the next week, and Gibbs plays Brunell...

I don't know the likelyhood (SP?) of this happening, but if it does...

People are going to be calling for Joe's head! :laugh: :laugh:

IMO, if Campbell starts 1 game, then we'll not see Mark again regardless of the result, because a win indicates Campbell's competency, and a loss puts the season totally in the trash and thus no sense in playing Mark at all because there's nothing left to salvage; so it would only make sense to keep Campbell in the rest of the season as we try to figure out what we have in this new QB. I hope he's a beauty on the field!

I wouldn't read to much into this since Mark was recovering from a pretty good beating he took in the last game. Now if he takes snaps next week during the actual practice sessions for Dallas then you can suspect a change in coming.
True, but from what Gibbs said, if Brunell is unable to go during a game Collins

would take the snaps, if he is unable to go with a weeks notice Campbell will be the starter. So I would suspect that is the reason that Campbell is taking the snaps. In case Brunell is unable to go. That is why I said if Campbell takes the snaps later in the week it would be more significant.

Quoted for agreement, accuracy, and rationality. Let's wait and see until next week. Too damn early to get too excited.

Why is Gibbs on Parcells sack man. I knew it. Gibbs needs to grow a pair and be a true leader. :doh:

WTF are you talking about?

Homo for Romo sits to pee crowd should get a clue, he threw threee interceptions and while he may have potential it will take sometime. 9 QB's since Aikman, maybe you should be questioning your own crew dude.

Washington Redskins quarterback Mark Brunell is dealing with a rib injury. According to a league source, Redskins owner Daniel Snyder – clearly disappointed with the team's 2-5 record – could be close to stepping in and pushing for 2005 first-round pick Jason Campbell to be inserted in the lineup in place of Brunell.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ao4Ni_Ev4GkBufDT6b8KkLJDubYF?slug=jm-injuries102506&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Why is Gibbs on Parcells sack man. I knew it. Gibbs needs to grow a pair and be a true leader. :doh:

Parcells took his man out when it was more that their offensive line sucks than him. They were competing for 1st place not sitting at 2-5. You aught to worry about T.O. dropping passes and what in the world is Romo sits to pee going to do with Peppers and Carolina' defense.

Parcells went from the Giants to Dallas as the head Coach. Coach Joe Gibbs would never pull off a low class move like that. You aught to worry about that garbage you got in Dallas.

Gibbs is just giving Brunell some rest. I also believe there is a little gamesmanship going on. Just to make the Cowboys wonder.

Of all of the posts about the Boonell/Campbell controversy, that reasoning seems the most logical.

IMO, if Boonell is still hurting from the rib injury and he starts, then Gibbs is telling us an old, hurt Boonell is still better than a young, fresh Campbell. Scary and sad, if it is true.

At the very least we can hope that this means he won't be the 3rd QB next week and might actually get some playing time if the game gets out of reach. Of course I'm hoping it means more than that. :)

Well, I just hope we win no matter who is QB

I like that sig...

Archived