Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Four Offseason Pickups----Not the Problem

SkinsNoles21

The Skins may have a lot of problems, but the four offseason free agents have, for the most part, done what was expected of them.

Lloyd-The guy is good. When the ball is thrown his way, he usually comes down with it. The last two weeks, he has taken what little opportunities he has received and made the most of them. Ok hes not breaking them for tds, but with are passing scheme, who is. Lloyd was brought in to take some pressure off of Moss, and it can be argued that the only reason he hasnt done that is because Mark Brunell keys in on Moss way to often.

Randle El- Hes made some catches, the punt return for a td was awesome, his two runs last week were both good. The 1 2 3 combo of Moss Lloyd and Randle El still has the potential everyone expected, because when they get their chances they usually do well. I hope we don't get rid of them and keep them all until they retire, it could be awesome.

Archuleta- So he isnt the best in coverage, but that was expected. He catches a lot of heat I know, but he is solid in run, making all the tackles our front seven can't. Alot of the times he is the last guy and if he doesn't make the tackle, its a td.

Carter- Probably the most controversial pick up, alot of people are unhappy with his production. But he has turned his game on as of late and has been noticeable in the pass rush and even occasionally in the run. Playing along side two rookie dts probably hasnt help and the entire team is not generating much of a pass rush. If the linebackers and safeties were getting to the QB as much as the past two years, I feel he would have much better statistics.

On defense, the problem is the cornerbacks. They havent been able to stop anyone at all and because of that, the whole defense is struggling. Oh yeah and we have no pass rush, and lately our run d has been breaking down, and also everyone is hurt.

But anyways, the point is the four guys we picked up, despite their paychecks, are doing what we needed.

how do we fix the rest...heres a good idea:

maybe we should just go 8-1 over the last nine and then sneak into the playoffs and win the Super Bowl. That would sure fix a lot of problems. Who cares who is on the field, who is coaching, what play is being called, just win regardless damn it. :logo:

Arch is not a bust. He is performing well in the areas where he is good such as run support and tackling. His coverage is to be desired but thats more of ST's role back there. Once GW starts blitzing again, GOD I HOPE HE DOES, Arch will truly shine as he is good at blitzing and playing near the line of scrimmage.

you know what the problem is.. dan snyder.. with all his money. he bought the big money players.. we got over rated.

we didnt come to prove the world that we are a competitive team this yr. we came into the season thinking we were going to the superbowl with all are acquasitions.. we are superbowl contenders in our heads like when we picked up deon and bruce'. now at 2-5 with slim chances for the playoffs.the frustration from the fans, and the team is kickin in cause were not living up to the hype.

sometimes i rather be the sleeper and not make the big splashes during the offseason. we have been making the big splash yr after yr. for quite sometime now. it hasnt done us shiet but being the most disapointing team in the nfl anually..

dan snyder. have some patience.. sometimes you just got to work with what you got instead of signing the bling bling players in the free agency..

dan dont think money will buy you a ring. it wont. we are the new york yankees of football. if you notice, the good teams like the eagles, cinci, patroits, the spurs in the nba have alot of space in their cap room 'unlike us'. their owners are shady with their dough..how they got to earn their money within the corporation is how they play within the corporation not by how they played on someone elses team..other teams give their players time and if they produce, they get a raisee.. you sign them to big contracts imediately and they havent done shiet for you.

chemisty. to play with each other and build on their strengths and weaknesses in practice and if teamates know each others weaknesses, you can give them help on D OR O whenever it is needed.. knowing ones weakness, you give them time in practice to work on their weakness so thier is no weakness..and when their is nomore weakness, you start to give them trust.. the qb can throw him the ball when its fourth and goal, you let the tackle have the one on one block when he asks for it.. you let the qb take a shot downfield because he is 99 percent he knows what the d is going to do in the big game because how the game is flowing.

BUT instead we pick up an expensive player thinking he is going to come in and a make a immediately impact and we are going to the superbowl..it won,t it only puts a hole in our team again..

a suggestion is hold onto the same players and let them work together for some time.. imagine is we had smoot, bailey, antonio pierce. marcus washington. sean taylor. ryan clark. lemar at weakside lb..cornelius etc. still working together. can you imagine how nasty our d would be.

Dan have u ever thought, we should give our current players the money they ask for instead of signing new big money players..the only good decision Dan has made in redskins football is signing joe gibbs. other than that, you dont know football. you have tripped all of our egos with your money you take from us..i remember when jack kent was the skins owner. we didn tmake big moves. we wasnt the team to be talked unless it was about redskins can't win the big game. we won superbowls. i blame dan snyder for our ups and downs..mostly downs..

If I'm not mistaken, we traded a third pick for Lloyd. That's a pretty good pick for a third round, if you ask me.

What has he done in Washington so far to prove to be a good trade for a 3rd round pick besides being a Redskin, which to most people, is good enough?

"What has he done in Washington so far to prove to be a good trade for a 3rd round pick besides being a Redskin, which to most people, is good enough?"

he's done ok with what has come his way. getting him the ball appears to be the problm. and given this teams spotty record with drafting anyway...you can fill in the rest.

Lloyd- Not sold on him still think this was not a good move

Randle El- Pretty good move have to find ways to get the ball in his hands more any way possible.

Carter- Give him the benefit of doubt it's a new defensive system and making the adjustment to defensive end once again after playing at linebacker with the niners

Arch... this is a family site so I will not type what I think :silly:

"What has he done in Washington so far to prove to be a good trade for a 3rd round pick besides being a Redskin, which to most people, is good enough?"

he's done ok with what has come his way. getting him the ball appears to be the problm. and given this teams spotty record with drafting anyway...you can fill in the rest.

Just to give some insight on players that have been drafted in the 3rd round

Frank Gore

Ryan Moats

Charlie Frye

Chris Henry

Domonique Foxworth

Maurice Clarett (I kid)

Nate Kaeding

Bernard Berrian

Chris Cooley

Lance Briggs (Pro Bowler)

Jason Witten (Pro Bowler)

Nate Burleson

Kevin Curtis

Our own Derrick Dockery

Rickey Manning Jr. (Pro Bowler)

Chris Brown

Justin Fargas

Chris Simms

Matt Schobel

Brian Westbrook (Pro Bowler)

Akin Ayodele

Steve Smith (The best WR in the game right now)

Kevan Barlow

Casey Rabach

Reggie Hayward

It shows you can get some good quality players in the 3rd round, if not sometimes, a diamond in the rough

I watched a little bit of the colts game last night and I can tell you our defensive schemes were exploited every chance Payton got. That pass over the middle to Utech was against a cover 2 which was the perfect play for that defense.

Long story short our LBs are 2 1/2 steps too slow. MW got burned on more then one occassion and AA should never wonder 8-12 yards off the LOS. He is awful in coverage but a sure tackler in the box (not open field).

A. Carter is a one dimensional pass rusher. He speeds to the outside and that's it. Very little bull rushing or spin moves just speed. I compared him to Freeney, which in my opinion is a fair comparison looking at their physique, and he is not performing right now.

Overall our defense seems really reserved (suprise from a Williams team) and a few steps slower than the opposing offense which causes the missed tackles, open lanes, etc.:2cents:

Despite all the issues I will always love the 'skins:point2sky

What has he done in Washington so far to prove to be a good trade for a 3rd round pick besides being a Redskin, which to most people, is good enough?

I don't think it's his fault that we are not utilizing him correctly, or that Brunell can't get him the ball, is it?

Now I would agree with you if you said that you would rather draft a good team as opposed to build one via free agency. It just seems to work better in terms of cohesion, chemistry, and cap.

The guy Halloran from the Times, beat reporter for the Skins, said Vincent was on the field FOR Arch a bunch and that people on the team have pretty much admitted that he doesn't know what he's doing in this defense right now.

VIncent may very well start vs. the Boys.

Right now, Archuleta DOES suck. Making tackles isn't the same as playing well. You should know that since we did have Sam Shade here.

Just to give some insight on players that have been drafted in the 3rd round

Frank Gore

Ryan Moats

Charlie Frye

Chris Henry

Domonique Foxworth

Maurice Clarett (I kid)

Nate Kaeding

Bernard Berrian

Chris Cooley

Lance Briggs (Pro Bowler)

Jason Witten (Pro Bowler)

Nate Burleson

Kevin Curtis

Our own Derrick Dockery

Rickey Manning Jr. (Pro Bowler)

Chris Brown

Justin Fargas

Chris Simms

Matt Schobel

Brian Westbrook (Pro Bowler)

Akin Ayodele

Steve Smith (The best WR in the game right now)

Kevan Barlow

Casey Rabach

Reggie Hayward

It shows you can get some good quality players in the 3rd round, if not sometimes, a diamond in the rough

The problem with this is that we get to look back with 20/20 hindsight and say "Look who we could have gotten here."

If you make the list up of "misses", including the 1st & 2nd rounds, you'll find that there are many more "busts" than there are bargains.

The draft is a crapshoot. So is free agency to a certain extent. But the odds are much better in free agency.

As far as the four guys go, I think giving them at least one year, before we all judge them as hits or misses, would only be fair. Don't toss in the towel yet. If we win the division, you'll be sorry you did.

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

Archived