Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What do you think that the Taylor Whitley signing could mean?

flexxskins

DEPTH!!!

I think the option here would be to add Whitley to the rotation. Try our best to keep the O-Line 'fresh'. His ability to play multiple positions just further convinces me.

I agree with the rotation theory. But that could just as easily turn into a more permanent situation for him if he ends up out playing someone. Which IMHO is very, very possible when it comes to two certain individuals on that line.

As far as the O-line goes, if he beats someone out, I hope we don't go out and give him a monster deal next year....

One of our biggest problems on the O-line is the fact that we went out and signed most of our guys to big contracts (esp Samuels), pretty much forcing us to keep them as starters, or having them be huge ticket backups.....

I think Samuels is a good player, but has gotten complacent - he has no fear of losing his position or being challenged by a backup.

I'm not sure how the numbers below compare to other teams, but we must have one of the more expensive lines in football, and they aren't playing that way....

Derrick Dockery 1.573

Jon Jansen OT 5.603

Chris Samuels OT 6.368

Randy Thomas OG 4.912

Casey Rabach C 1.485

Total ~20 mil (19% of our cap space)

What are you people talking about rotation? This isn't the RB position. You don't rotate offensive linemen. You are either in or out. With our new offense, those guys need to be in synch. I think the signing was a message to the other guys that you better get your ass in gear. Truthfully, the offensive line has played like some B*THCES for most of the year. Aside from Jacksonville, they HAVE BEEN OWNED! Jansen, Raybach, Samuels have been victimized!!!!!! Dockery and Thomas have been playing well.....

Didn't Dockery just sign a ONE year deal? Maybe they think they can't offer him the long-term contract he will want. Whitley did mostly play guard. Not to degrade the position, I know how important it is, but most teams have 1 or 2 lineman you've heard of and the rest are just solid blue-collar types, not paid more than the RB's and receivers on the team. Sounds like Jansen and Samuels HAVE gotten complacent, and that might be something the team is preparing to look at.

What are you people talking about rotation? This isn't the RB position. You don't rotate offensive linemen. You are either in or out. With our new offense, those guys need to be in synch. I think the signing was a message to the other guys that you better get your ass in gear. Truthfully, the offensive line has played like some B*THCES for most of the year. Aside from Jacksonville, they HAVE BEEN OWNED! Jansen, Raybach, Samuels have been victimized!!!!!! Dockery and Thomas have been playing well.....
Hit the game tapes my man, Dockery has not been playing well. He is still at times looking confused, clumsy and just plain timid for a guy his size.

Rabach is just going down hill. He is now no better than a Corey Raymer or maybe even a little worse.

Thomas is the one constant positive on that line. :applause:

flexxskins:

I was trying to give DD the benefit of the doubt, but your right. They have all played bad except for Thomas. The sad part is that the O-line is critical for the success of this offense. That's mainly due to the lack of mobility by Brunell. When he gets the time and pocket...he can get it in there!

Archived