Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Turbo Honda

InsaneBoost

To bad half the sports cars cant keep up with us :laugh:

Get that thing out on a road course and you'll be eating a big old helping of humble pie.

Theres a lot more to sports cars than going fast in a straight line. Hell, you could hot rod a yugo. But it's still a piece of ****. A few apexes at mid-ohio, and you'll find that out real fast.

And let us know how things are going when your engine is burned out after 2000 miles.

Get that thing out on a road course and you'll be eating a big old helping of humble pie.

Theres a lot more to sports cars than going fast in a straight line. Hell, you could hot rod a yugo. But it's still a piece of ****. A few apexes at mid-ohio, and you'll find that out real fast.

And let us know how things are going when your engine is burned out after 2000 miles.

LOL, why do you even bother saying road course? Because you know any car setup for a straight line cant keep up? Bring your road course sport cars on the straight line, then see who gets killed.

Because you said sports cars can't keep up. Sports cars aren't designed to drive in a straight line.

So get the car on a racetrack... and see what kind of tune you're singing then.

When i first posted, a guy was talking about sports cars, so in return i said we kill sports cars. If I were to say wed kill sports cars anywhere, thats a different story.

Personally, I never understood drag racing. So much time and money for 10+ seconds doesn't seem worth it. To me, the first thing you do to a car is get the suspension right, power is a secondary thing. My little VW Rabbit may have only turned 14s or so but man oh man did that thing handle. FWD or not, I'll bet there's a lot of cars my Rabbit could've taken in a road course. Even better, I didn't have but $5k in the car including buying it.

DSC00350.jpg

DSC00372.jpg

H&R Race Springs, Bilstein Sport shocks, poly bushings all around, upper and lower front strut tie bars, 25mm rear sway bar, no front sway bar. Had extremely nuetral handling with a touch of controlled oversteer at the limit. RIP :(

DSC00350.jpg

H&R Race Springs, Bilstein Sport shocks, poly bushings all around, upper and lower front strut tie bars, 25mm rear sway bar, no front sway bar. Had extremely nuetral handling with a touch of controlled oversteer at the limit. RIP :(

nice carbs, I always wanted some webers for my sunbeam. about the honda, gotta call bs on the video cam with no zoom, in refrence to not recording the 1/4 time at the track :laugh:. I looked at all the videos, that car didn't appear to lauch very hard and made some sick sounds in the higher rpm range like the ingnition was breaking down

True, but were for actual racing, not drive it around for fun. So in the end you spent about 20-30 for the car, then 15 extra, so you still spent more in the long run. But yea, American Muscle is no joke, we just like messing with the imports because theyre harder to make faster. Anyone can slap on an exhaust and cams to a muscle car and make it run a lot faster, but its actually a lot harder to do it with an import.

No, thats $15K total in the car...so I by far spent less money...and have something to show for it in the end.

No, thats $15K total in the car...so I by far spent less money...and have something to show for it in the end.

Yes 15K in the car, + the cost of the car. So in the end, you still spent more money. In the end, our car is fast, and safer. Only thing you have is a comfortable ride. But we are also looking at a race car vs a regular car. I still give props to your car tho. However, I still think they should have made them 2 doors.

nice carbs, I always wanted some webers for my sunbeam. about the honda, gotta call bs on the video cam with no zoom, in refrence to not recording the 1/4 time at the track :laugh:. I looked at all the videos, that car didn't appear to lauch very hard and made some sick sounds in the higher rpm range like the ingnition was breaking down

Well if you think some sick sounds are bad its not, all the drag cars do that, fords, chevys, hondas, toyotas, etc. The cam didnt have a zoom option, so call BS all you want, If you couldnt hear the announcer in the one video (Civic Vs 240), he said 11.53, kinda hard to hear, but listen close. Also, we didnt launch it well, but then again, we only had the car for about 12 months. Learning how to launch is hard, but it also is 10x harder doing it on slicks considering they like to spin. But if you say we didnt launch well in the Civic vs 240 video, you're crazy.

Personally, I never understood drag racing. So much time and money for 10+ seconds doesn't seem worth it. To me, the first thing you do to a car is get the suspension right, power is a secondary thing. My little VW Rabbit may have only turned 14s or so but man oh man did that thing handle. FWD or not, I'll bet there's a lot of cars my Rabbit could've taken in a road course. Even better, I didn't have but $5k in the car including buying it.

Damn dump truck!! :mad:

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwbiggs

Yes 15K in the car, + the cost of the car. So in the end, you still spent more money. In the end, our car is fast, and safer. Only thing you have is a comfortable ride. But we are also looking at a race car vs a regular car. I still give props to your car tho. However, I still think they should have made them 2 doors.

15K total...price of car and rest. 1974 Challenger = 2 door.

I'd post pics but for some reason I don't have that capability...and mods won't answer why.

I'd post pics but for some reason I don't have that capability...and mods won't answer why.

Ohhhh, I thought you had the Charger, I was like, how the hell did you spend 15K on it, but now it makes sense. Wed still beat it though:silly:

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwbiggs

Ohhhh, I thought you had the Charger, I was like, how the hell did you spend 15K on it, but now it makes sense. Wed still beat it thoughsilly.gif

I'd hope so with all that money in it and 1500 lb less weight. ;) $500 Nawzz kit and I'm running 10's.

The turbo alone can make 600hp, but then with the engine mods we push it more. Your friend should be eaisly running faster than that, unless of course he hasnt done as much as we have. I mean we have a fully built motor in it. Unless your friend cant launch it right or something, maybe he isnt shifting, or he could just be having problems who knows.

I mean, the car was stolen after we got it fixed, so who knows what it could have done. but were thinking about doing somthing new. He wants to do another honda, but I want to do an 89 mustang, foxbody style, with a big turbo setup, maybe a t76 turbo or something.

Dude, his motor is 85mm which alot of people won't do because its not recommened.. He has every go fast part you can think of with omni drag suspension and 26" slicks, the car competes in nopi power 4.. He has ran a 10.7 but it consistently runs a 10.9-11.0... He also has a turbo that you can stick your fist in its way bigger then a sc61..Alot of people run sc61's on stock vtec motors anybody trying to make over 500 hp almost always go with a gt35 or gt40.. Not calling bs but i can see 400 from the dyno graph but over 600hp to the wheels on a sc61 is pushing it and that turbo is starting to blow hot air..

Dude, his motor is 85mm which alot of people won't do because its not recommened.. He has every go fast part you can think of with omni drag suspension and 26" slicks, the car competes in nopi power 4.. He has ran a 10.7 but it consistently runs a 10.9-11.0... He also has a turbo that you can stick your fist in its way bigger then a sc61..Alot of people run sc61's on stock vtec motors anybody trying to make over 500 hp almost always go with a gt35 or gt40.. Not calling bs but i can see 400 from the dyno graph but over 600hp to the wheels on a sc61 is pushing it and that turbo is starting to blow hot air..

I didnt say 600whp, I said 600hp, remember, FWD loses around 15% to the wheel, which made us around 530whp. Now if your friends turbo is bigger than the SC61, perhaps some turbo lag is kicking in, in our car, once you stomped on it, it had full boost, we didnt have to wait for it to spool. Listen to the Civic Vs Motorcycle video for example.

Archived