Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are you giving up on the season??? I'm not...

jtyler42

This is my take on who is giving up on the season...

Why do some of us equate benching Brunell w/giving up on the season? I think we(the Redskins and the fans) are giving up on the season by not acknowledging a change at QB is needed and then making the change...

It's obvious that Saunder's has tailored his offense to Brunell...Don't beleive me just look at his offenses he has coached 80's Chargers, SB Rams, and the KC O of the last 5 yrs... It is also obvious that the O w/Brunell is stagnant...How much worse could it be w/JC or Collins in there? At least w/either of them in, their is the potential for growth...Honestly Brunell has not played that bad, but not bad isnt good enough for this team as it stands now...We need someone in the game that's not scared to push the ball downfield and take some chances...

Sure the company line is to "stay together and fight our guts out" but to expect different results from doing the same things over and over is the definition of insanity...Right now this organization is the walking definition of insanity from top to bottom...:mad::(:mad:

we are 14th in the NFC and probably 3 games out of the NFC east coming out of the bye (2.5 after tomorrow)....

giving up on the season? no....ive about given up on the playoffs...but this season needs to...MUST...serve a myriad of other purposes...

we are 14th in the NFC and probably 3 games out of the NFC east coming out of the bye (2.5 after tomorrow)....

giving up on the season? no....ive about given up on the playoffs...but this season needs to...MUST...serve a myriad of other purposes...

Good points. This season can still have a lot of meaning for the future of this franchise, but as for post season aspirations...

"Ah, playoffs!? Playoffs?! You kidding me? Playoffs??"

Trio this is exactly my point! I have pretty much given up hope about making the playoffs...But the rest of this season can play an important role in the direction this team takes in the future...

Season is over. Now it is time to start thinking about 07. I am not like many here who blame MB for all our problems, but he is not the future. It is finally time for JC to begin his education on the field. There are so many disappointments with this team right now - hopefully some good can come out of this season - that "good" can only be for 2007.

For me, putting in Campbell shows that we ARENT quitting. A team that doesn't make significant changes and lets a terrible leader and cowardly QB continue to play is a team that has zero hope. THEYRE ALREADY LOSING!

Why do people think Campbell going in is 'giving up' when he hasn't played yet and we are ALREADY 2-5?!

There is still hope that they can finish with a respectable record but at this point there is changes needed going in to the bye week there are a lot of guys that are not pulling their weight. Like I have said I refuse to point the finger at one thing like some are with the Quarterback because it is NOT all just the quarterback.

We have a lot of high price guys that are just collecting a paycheck time to sit them down. Randle El he has earn part of his pay check today he made a couple nice catches had a couple runs like to see more . But guys like Arch, Carter they are not cutting it at this point.

I know they are in a new defensive system but it comes a point where you like to see some progress you just haven't seen it out of these guys.

I'm not giving up on the season, but I think realistically we have to lower our expectations. Clearly, this team is not a legitimate playoff team this year, and we as fans need to accept this. It's unrealistic to expect the Skins to only lose 1 or 2 more games this year, with the schedule they have to play.

With that said, this season is hardly a throw away. Much can be done with the remaining games, to help get ready for next season. I'm looking forward to see what adjustments are made by the coaching staff over the next few weeks.

Why do some of us equate benching Brunell w/giving up on the season?

Because Brunell gives the team the best chance to win now. If you remove him, then you are removing your best chance to win now. Thus it could be viewed as waiving a white flag. Pretty simple stuff.

It's obvious that Saunder's has tailored his offense to Brunell...

No it's not. It's not obvious. That's something an under-educated fan would say on a sports talk show or out here on the internet. I don't say that one way or the other because I don't live in their meetings or have access to their game tape (to see downfield on offensive plays). And either do you. That's nothing but conjecture on your part and should be thrown out of any legitimate argument.

It is also obvious that the O w/Brunell is stagnant...

It's stagnant because the Redskins have an inferior offensive line. Randy Thomas is a very good guard & you can get by with Rabach at Center. Dockery is not good enough and they have way overrated offensive tackles that kill the team's ability to fully execute.

I tape the games, and I watch the tape. The one thing one can break down is the line of scrimmage as that represents the TV angle on broadcasts. I can replay the tape constantly and watch Jansen, Samuels, and Dockery continously play poorly. That's the problem in my mind. Until that gets fixed, no QB will have consistent success here. NO ONE.

For me, putting in Campbell shows that we ARENT quitting. A team that doesn't make significant changes and lets a terrible leader and cowardly QB continue to play is a team that has zero hope. THEYRE ALREADY LOSING!

Why do people think Campbell going in is 'giving up' when he hasn't played yet and we are ALREADY 2-5?!

Agreed 200% :applause: :cheers:

I'll still be watching the games and rooting us on but it's evident that we're not going to be accomplishing much this year.

I was done when the team showed up to New York and made no effort. They should have just sat in the terminal at the airport. This team, and organization is joke. We are the laughing stock of the league. Not because were 2-5, but becuase we gave up picks and spent millions to get to 2 - 5. Pathetic. If only we could fire our worthless owner.

Archived