Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Here's one of the main reasons we can't get it done!

GIBBS LIVES

Since 1993, Philly has spent 21 picks in the first three rounds (Day 1 picks) on OL or DL.

Since 1993 Washington has spent 7.

Gibbs clings to old ways from the first time he coached here. But the philosophy that he isn't clinging to is that we had dominante D-line players like Dave Butz, Chales Mann, Dexter Manley, Jumpy Gathers.

This organization needs to getting back to putting the lines first and not so much emphasis on the "sexy" positions of the team.

We have to go back to using the draft the way it's suppose to be used. And stop giving draft picks away like candy at Holloween!

Until these things happen, we all (as skins fans) are wasting our time.

"Gibbs clings to old ways from the first time he coached here. But the philosophy that he isn't clinging to is that we had dominante D-line players like Dave Butz, Chales Mann, Dexter Manley, Jumpy Gathers.

This organization needs to getting back to putting the lines first and not so much emphasis on the "sexy" positions of the team.

We have to go back to using the draft the way it's suppose to be used. And stop giving draft picks away like candy at Holloween!"

Who the hell is Chales Mann? and what is Holloween? Were Kevin Bacon and Elizabeth Shue in that one? :)

Since 1993, Philly has spent 21 picks in the first three rounds (Day 1 picks) on OL or DL.

Gibbs clings to old ways from the first time he coached here. But the philosophy that he isn't clinging to is that we had dominante D-line players like Dave Butz, Chales Mann, Dexter Manley, Jumpy Gathers.

We have to go back to using the draft the way it's suppose to be used. And stop giving draft picks away like candy at Holloween!AAAA MEN, A MEN, A MEN!

Our O-line needs to prove that by controling the line of scrimage we haven't done that consistantly 3 offenses in 3 years will do that to you. we need to mix up our run game with 2 backs speed then power and wear down one side don't run one then another pound that football wear them out and when the think oh run go deep to the new posie.Use betts then portis then Sellers. Mix the run game up keep your feature back fresh and spread the ball that way 3-4 yards screen to Sellers cooley out front blocking or Randy out front blocking for SellersThat would be a thunder and lightning pair. Hail

When our OL brings its A game, it is better then Phillys. But Phillys OL has been the most consistent in the division thus far.

really?

Philly has given up 6 more sacks, in the same number of games

we have 4 games with zero sacks

they have none

we rank 7th in rushing, Philly 13th

both avg about 4.7 YPC

We have to go back to using the draft the way it's suppose to be used. And stop giving draft picks away like candy at Holloween!

You are wrong, having fans like you is the MAIN reason we can't get it done. Pesimistic fans are horrible. Cheer on your team. If you just think about the bad things then the good things will never happen.

Our O-line needs to prove that by controling the line of scrimage we haven't done that consistantly

I guess you haven't been watching the past two seasons

last season KC Joyner ranked us best overall, most efficient OL

this season 4 out of 6 games no sacks.... 4.7 YPC rushing

that's consistency

really?

Philly has given up 6 more sacks, in the same number of games

we have 4 games with zero sacks

they have none

we rank 7th in rushing, Philly 13th

both avg about 4.7 YPC

True, but McNabb also throws the ball more, and goes downfield, hence requiring more time and more chances to get sacked. We max protect alot as well to give our OL help. I'm not sure that Philly does this consistently in their WCO.

I guess you haven't been watching the past two seasons

last season KC Joyner ranked us best overall, most efficient OL

this season 4 out of 6 games no sacks.... 4.7 YPC rushing

that's consistency

But I thought Brunell's inconsistent play was due to the OL giving him happy feet?

We have to have the most penalized OL in the league, if not its close and whats sad is they have started every game. No shuffling going on here like in most of the league.

You are wrong, having fans like you is the MAIN reason we can't get it done. Pesimistic fans are horrible. Cheer on your team. If you just think about the bad things then the good things will never happen.

Right, because it's the fans that actually go out and play the game :doh:

So to get your argument right we need to draft more linemen. Did you consider that 3/5 of our O-Line are Redskin draft picks? Did you also consider that are top O-Line backup is also a draft pick, in Jim Molinaro? Did you consider the fact we drafted 2 DT's is this years draft that are receiving major playing time? i don't think you did or you would have realized that the team has drafted very well when it comes to linemen.

I didn't know ST was a sexy pick, you're right though we would be much better off without him. Before you go into the we should have drafted Merriman or Ware over Rogers argument don't forget they are LBer's not linemen. Please tell me which NFL stud linemen we passed over by picking Campbell?

No offense but you're the type that would draft 7 Linemen then complian about not picking the best avalible player at a position of need.

Speak for yourself. As a Skins fan, I am proud to cheer on my team week after week, win or lose.

That's the definition of being a fan.

The word "fan" comes from the term fanatic. I love the skins too. But the FO has proven over the last 5-6 years that they don't know what there doing and they don't build a winning organazation. Ignoring the draft and trying to do 70% percent of the team thru free agency hasn't worked and isn't going to work.

It isn't designed to work that way. Good scouting, drafting is the way to build a consistant contender. Contender meaning a team that can win 8-10 games every year. A team that "can" win. A team that is in the running.

You can cheer as much as you want. As long as buisness is done the way it is in the FO, we won't see a SB anytime soon.

Archived