Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dirtiest Player in the League....

macnoke03

I agree i think its Roy Williams. The sheer amount of illegal hits that guy lays on people is disgraceful. He gets warned, he gets fined, and he keeps leading with his helmet week after week. I think the only reason Sean Taylor made the list was because of the spit.

WHere is Roy Williams????

they certainly have that rigged. he's been constantly fined for his helmet to helmet "tackles" and even had an illegal tackle named after him. :laugh: and cowboys fans think he can tackle at all, let alone compete with Sean Taylor in any category.

Did anyone see Rodneys interview on ESPN?

They did a mock interview with him about his hitting.

Some nice soundbytes in it.

Josh McCown-- " He doesn't lead with his helmet.. He leads with his heart because his heart is the size of his liver." :laugh:

Rodney-- "When I knock a mans head off.. I know that somewhere, a kid is going to live a better life." :laugh:

There was a couple more from Tom Brady, Andre Rison, Mike Vrabel and some others that were funny as well. I just can not remember all of them.

I know he's long retired by now and I don't even remember his name, but how about that 1986 Packer who picked up Jim Mcmahon and slammed him to the ground some 3-4 seconds after the ball had left the QB's hands. I think that blow ended Mcmahon's season as the Skins bounced the '86 Bears from the playoffs w/out him.

...goes to Rodney Harrison (again)

Sean Taylor made the bottom of the list.

This was voted on by the players during the preseason.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2631666

Interesting. I know Rodney has had that "label," and he plays very aggressively while on the field, but, being a Patriots fan and having watched him for a number of years, Rodney is not a dirty player. Tough as nails maybe, but not dirty. Did you know that he has participated in a referee camp?

CarrollsMine99.

You know, with all the hitting, and tackling, and chop-blocking, and late hits, the NFL seems pretty rough.

But with the right angle, and with sufficient pressure, spit can paralyze you from the neck down. Be careful, gentlemen, and watch out for Sean Taylor.

Interesting. I know Rodney has had that "label," and he plays very aggressively while on the field, but, being a Patriots fan and having watched him for a number of years, Rodney is not a dirty player.
It seems the NFL players disagree with you.

see below

You beat me to it. Sean can be considered a dirty player, for sure, but I love him on our team anyways. As far as Hines Ward, wtf is that? Where the hell did that come from?

Dang you beat me to it about Hines Ward. We should know this list is crap if he gets a nod. It's liek they asked players who all had personal Vendettas against certain players (ie. Hines Ward blocked me in the back one time wah wah)

GC

Bill Romanowski is clearly the dirtiest player in my lifetime.

AGREED !!!!!

By far the dirtiest player I"ve seen since I've started watching football.

Dirty, dirty, dirty.

I remember a play when he was on the broncos, and he was tackling Shannon Sharpe, BR tackled him, got a hold of his arm and twisted it as they were sliding out of bounds.

And if you remember, those two had been teammates for several years prior to SS going to the Ravens.

Despicable.

Roy Williams is the dirtiest player, and John Runyan is a close second. Harrison is up there in the top five, but when the report comes out and Hines Ward is on the list, you have to question the credibility or its accuracy.

Just my opinion.

HTTR!

Yeah, lets take a poll from NFL PLAYERS, and question it, because we watch safely from our homes. :rolleyes:

I don't know where you guys get this Roy Williams is dirty stuff. Its all in your heads. Sean Taylor is dirty, and HE MADE THE LIST. ACCEPT IT.

If RW was dirty, he would have made the list.

Yeah, lets take a poll from NFL PLAYERS, and question it, because we watch safely from our homes. :rolleyes:

I don't know where you guys get this Roy Williams is dirty stuff. Its all in your heads. Sean Taylor is dirty, and HE MADE THE LIST. ACCEPT IT.

If RW was dirty, he would have made the list.

Or he would have had a penalty named after him after he broke too many ankles pulling guys down by the shoulder pads from behind (because he got burned once again. :laugh: )

How did Hines ward make this list, he is a tough player and does things many other premier wideouts won't do like crack back block. As for Roy Williams yeah he has the horse collar but the league cannot rename the facemask penalty to the Sean Taylor tackle. Taylor has a lot of fire and intensity but he does not seem to control it. His late hits and facemask have cost his team valuable yards in games. The defenseless reciever rule is a joke because most are always defenseless. The problem I see with taylor this year is he does not have a Ryan Clark back their to play centerfield so he tries to make every play and make a big hit to fire up the defense but he ends up there a second late. His rep going all the way back to his rookie year he has shown a little disregard for rules whether it is skipping the rookie symposium, late hits, spitting, face masks. If he isn't careful he could be a modern day Mark Carrier. He is a lot like lavar he has immense talent but he needs a coach to show him how to harness it to the benefit of his team.

A lot of patriots players have that rep as being dirty. I would humbly submit any raiders player. I would also like to put in the broncos O-line as well. they get praised for what a great line they have but they chopblock to get their running backs 1500 yards. You can throw John Runyan in there as well. Definitely one of the most dirty players in the game.

How did Hines ward make this list, he is a tough player and does things many other premier wideouts won't do like crack back block. As for Roy Williams yeah he has the horse collar but the league cannot rename the facemask penalty to the Sean Taylor tackle. Taylor has a lot of fire and intensity but he does not seem to control it. His late hits and facemask have cost his team valuable yards in games. The defenseless reciever rule is a joke because most are always defenseless. The problem I see with taylor this year is he does not have a Ryan Clark back their to play centerfield so he tries to make every play and make a big hit to fire up the defense but he ends up there a second late. His rep going all the way back to his rookie year he has shown a little disregard for rules whether it is skipping the rookie symposium, late hits, spitting, face masks. If he isn't careful he could be a modern day Mark Carrier. He is a lot like lavar he has immense talent but he needs a coach to show him how to harness it to the benefit of his team.

Yeah you're right, Roy Williams NEVER hits anyone illegaly other then when he horse collars :rolleyes:. More cowpoke ish I smell...

GC

Archived