Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you have booed the team off the field last Sunday?

aolforbroadband

They are 2-4 right now becauise Brunell cant get the job done.

Dude, you need a reality check. They are 2-4 becuase they cant run block, pass block, stop the run, rush the passer, cover receivers and MB is not Peyton Manning. So, he accounts for about 1/6 of the problem, he has nothing to do with the other guys that are sucking dirty bathwater right now.:rolleyes:

But personally I would not boo them. I would probably yell and scream for them to get their asses in gear and stop playing like a high school cheerleader and show some heart. Then problably beat up my floor or wall. Just my way of dealing with it.

it was hard NOT to boo if you were at that game!! dammit! I fly 1700 miles to go to every single home game and I would at least like to see SOME effort! A hard fought loss is one thing, giving up a lead and loosing to a rookie QB getting his first win is definately boo-able!! PATHETIC! (but i will still fly for the rest of the game...the redskins are an addiction, good or bad:) )

easily...why wouldn't you? I would have booed the loudest...there is no reason to lose to a team that has a rookie qb and is sittin at 0-5. NO REASON, and considering we were up 14-3 that's just more reason to boo.

I think fans booing sends a LOUD and CLEAR message to the players to suck it up and play with the fire they had in the Jags victory.

Also, to the people who wouldn't boo, why not? Is there something us booers don't know or is it just your own feeling that the Redskins are the Redskins and whatever they do I'll never boo? Please enlighten the booers as to why wouldn't you boo if you were @ the game and saw horrific performance?

Anyone that would not boo is pathetic. You are a pushover. An enabler of the worst kind.

Your lack of emotion and failure to speak the truth do nothing but promote mediocrity and sub par play. You are the reason this team is where it is, and has been, for 20 years.

I have seen the ways of the truthful, emotional fan... and it IS REWARDING. Despite what you all say about Philly fans, they let their team HAVE IT when they under perform. Their voice IS HEARD, and change is MADE for the better. This town is passionate about the Eagles, and pull no punches when discussing their play. Nobody is above criticism.

The Eagles are accountable.

The Redskins are not.

Excuses are made for this team. Individuals are exonerated. Failure is tolerated.

And we get what we deserve. :(

Not only would I have booed, I wish I could go back in time and be at the stadium so I could get a chance at booing them after that pathetic performance.

The only thing I wouldn't boo would be a rookie learning his way. I never booed Heath Shuler and never understood why the crowd booed the kid. Yeah he ended up sucking, but he was booed almost from day 1 and I think you need to be patient when your team is playing it's young players. That's why on Sunday, while I was pissed at the defense, my anger was more directed at the usless defensive ends and the out of position linebackers and not at the two kids at defensive tackle.

So for example, when Mark Brunell throws a pass to Moss when Moss is surrounded by 5 guys, I'd boo my head off to express my frustration and anger over such a bonehead play by Mr. Super Smart.

Whereas when Jason Campbell makes that same sort of dumb decision, I'll let it pass and not boo him because he's a kid and will be learning through some tough experiences. Only in a season or two would I then expect the kid to have gained sufficient experience not to make such a poor decision.

I think it is dumb to boo your own team. The only effect we as fans can have is through trying to encourage our players. I don't think booing every mistake made is the best way to get our guys to play their guts out for us. Plus if we develop a reputation as fans that will boo our own club FAs aren't going to want to come here no matter what Snyder does.

On top of that I think the players understand when they are playing poorly, they don't need a stadium of fairweather fans to remind them.

You bet I would have booed. These guys are professionals and they are underperforming. As Charles Mann said, "you're getting paid now, you better be ready." In the real world they would be fired for such poor output, so the way I see it they're getting off easy.

I think it is dumb to boo your own team. The only effect we as fans can have is through trying to encourage our players. I don't think booing every mistake made is the best way to get our guys to play their guts out for us. Plus if we develop a reputation as fans that will boo our own club FAs aren't going to want to come here no matter what Snyder does.

On top of that I think the players understand when they are playing poorly, they don't need a stadium of fairweather fans to remind them.

Sure... like Philadelphia right? Aweful fans? Could've fooled me with the great team they have year in and year out...

Joe Theismann said that after a poor performance on one particular Sunday he went to a gas station to get gas. The gas station attendant told him to "pump his own damn gas." He said that's how passionate Redskins fans are. He appreciated the guy's candor and passion for the Redskins. You can't baby or coddle these guys. A "that's ok, we'll all go out for ice cream afterward, no matter how poorly you play" attitude breeds a spirit of underperformers. I want these guys to feel that we'll beat the s**t out of them if they do not perform up to their capability. That's what I'd want as a player.

Yes, they deserved it. Even some of the players admitted such. The Titans are probably the second worst team or third worst team in football. Losing at home to that team is inexcusable. With the amount of money paid for the ever increasing ticket prices and highway robbery parking prices booing in that situation is warranted. I would not yell profanities or personally insult the players, as would our Eagles or Giants bretheren.

I boo the refs. I boo the other team. I boo other fans. I boo the cheerleaders. (Sorry, but sometimes they go on the field at the wrong damn time! *lol*)

But I NEVER boo the team. No matter how pissed off or disappointed I get, they still have my support. Unconditionally.

Archived