Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell is not the ANSWERE!!!!

tone_dubbz

Did "boonell" allow 190 yards rushing?

Did "boonell" allow vince young time to complete a pass?

Did "boonell" allow for an easy 4th and 1 completion in our territory?

Did "boonell" miss all those tackles?

Did "boonell" call for only 16 rushing plays?

Did "boonell" force no turnovers?

Did "boonell" make crappy punts?

I dont think he did any of those things, and those were the main reasons for our loss.

We are talking about the Qb play not the Defenses.And if you keep going three and out more field time for the D.

......but can you honestly blmae Brunell for yesterdays lost, beside the INT in the 4th quarter of course.

The INT in the 4th quarter was NOTHING to me. If one of our receivers had caught it, he'd better scram for the endzone or go out of bounds. Then we'd have had, what?, about 3 or 4 seconds left for a hail Mary?

But yes, I can blame MB for yesterdays loss. Do you have the game recorded?

Then go to these points:

(after all... you asked us if we watched the game)

Third Quarter

(13:52) M.Brunell pass incomplete deep right to S.Moss.

Fourth Quarter

(13:35) (Shotgun) M.Brunell pass incomplete deep right to C.Cooley.

and tell me where you think those receivers could have been heading had he not overthrown them. And what the final score would have been had he just connected on just ONE of them?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

How any games had Brunell thrown for over 200 yards this season so far?

that's 200 yards, not 300. That means in 4 games this year he has thrown for 100 something yards, including 180 yesterday. Tiki Barber RUSHED for more yards then Brunell threw for yesterday. So considering we're losing games anyways, and not barely against really good teams, badly against teams we should be destroying, especially at home, why stick with a guy who can't get it done and is costing us more games then he's winning us, when we could have that inconsistancy with Campbell, but with the hope of better tomorrows?

I'd rather look to 11 months from now with some hope then go through this again next year with a first year starter, unless you think Brunell has ANOTHER season in him....

No this is all she wrote for Brunell. But i have no desire to watch a rookie qb stumble through 10 games before we're even out of it. We suck but are still only 2 games out. No kool aid here but we can see all we need to see of the future in the last 8 games. And for the record I hope JC is the best qb in the history.

The Redskins scored 10 and 3 points against the Cowboys and Giants in NFC East games this year. How are you going to win games producing like this?

The Giants scored 19 points. That is usually a number that is beatable in the NFL with an offense with some spark behind it.

The 27 points by Dallas were a bunch but didn't we see the NFC Champion Seahawks overcome a 28 point output by the Rams yesterday to win the game in the end?

New name for this thread. English 110 .

You know what your right im being a d i c k. I hate when i misspell something and someone on here jumps down my throat. I apologize i just get really tired about hearing how its 1 players fault when the whole team sucks so bad. Sorry man.

You know what your right im being a d i c k. I hate when i misspell something and someone on here jumps down my throat. I apologize i just get really tired about hearing how its 1 players fault when the whole team sucks so bad. Sorry man.

I dont care that you are correcting my spelling , its just typing errors,tring to go to fast with out proof reading

I dont care that you are correcting my spelling , its just typing errors,tring to go to fast with out proof reading

No i do hate it when people act like that. Im just as frusterated as every other skins fans and acting like asses towards each other isnt fixing anything. Way to many people name calling on here and I dont want a reputation like that. Again i whole heartedly disagree with you but theres a proper way to do it and being a d i c k isnt the way. Again my bad.

I dont think he did any of those things, and those were the main reasons for our loss.

Could "boonell" have won that game for us with one less 3 and out that resulted in a scoring drive?

Could "boonell" have not thrown into a crowd of 5 titans in the last minute to at least give us a chance to get into field goal range?

Is "boonell" the only problem? No, but is he a bright sopt on out team?

Could Campbell have gone in and lost to a 0-5 team at home the same way Bruneel did yesterday throwing for a pathetic 180 yards?

Campbell isn't a "fix all", but at least he adds a bit of hope to the QB position instead of a feeling of inevitable decline into a wasted season....

Putting Campbell on the field makes the defense have to defend the entire field. That is something that is not happening right now. Defenses are keying on Portis and jumping Moss and Cooley on the short routes. After one or two nice runs each week the offense gets bogged down because the defense eventually feels comfortable bringing 8 or 9 men up into the box.

If the Chargers can protect Philip Rivers and the Steelers could protect Roethlisberger as a rookie the Redskins can scheme to put Campbell in position to make some plays for us on the field.

The fact that we would limit the plays for Campbell to take the pressure off is really a non-starter as we are doing the very same thing for Brunell because of his inability to throw the football.

DING!

Case closed,close this thread.

No i do hate it when people act like that. Im just as frusterated as every other skins fans and acting like asses towards each other isnt fixing anything. Way to many people name calling on here and I dont want a reputation like that. Again i whole heartedly disagree with you but theres a proper way to do it and being a d i c k isnt the way. Again my bad.

Cool "I LOVE YOU MAN!"but you still can't have my Bud Light

It's assinine to even look at all of the numerous problems the Skins have right now and say, "oh well Brunell wasn't responsible for our D sucking-keep him in there indefinitely".

Was Brunell terrible?-hardly

Was Brunell good?-I'd say the most generous thing you could say about his performance yesterday was it was mediocre. Periods of competence with periods of just suck ass rookie mistakes.

Did Brunell lose the game singlehandedly?-no

Did Brunell throw a pass into triple coverage with over a minute left to play and three recievers standing wide open on the field?-he sure did

It's not a matter anymore of Brunell being the single thing that is hnlding our team back. Jason Campbell could easily perform worse, I think anyone involved in the skins organization would be willing to admit this. The point is keeping Brunell in just doesn't have any upside anymore. He's not winning games, he's not throwing the ball downfield, he's not doing the BASIC things you expect every quarterback in this league to accomplish.

Noone should think of putting Jason Campbell in as throwing the season away anymore. If anything putting Jason in is our best and possibly only chance to win further.

Last I checked......JC was listed as a QB.

So how is benching Mark for Jason to going to help us with:

A.) stopping bumb RBs from gaining 170+ yards?

B.) cover oppossing WR's all over the field?

C.) pass rush the QB?

It just makes me sick that people are still calling for Mark's head after this lose, becasue it was painfully obvious he's not he problem. It's aggravating to hear some of you fan's constantly rip Brunnell, I mean did you morons even watch the game? Or do you just run with what ever petty thought that appears in your feeble mind?

you need to learn some english first

But "Boonell" did underthrow Lloyd (still caught), underthrow Moss (deflected), and overthrow Cooley. Any of those passes in stride would have been touchdowns. Did you see Moss shaking his head or Cooley yelling F*** after the overthrow? I did... I don't think the team is getting the boost they need from their QB. And tell me the defense isn't tired (quite literally) of constantly getting 1 minute of rest between series. It's not all "Boonell"s fault, but he certainly isn't helping the Redskins win.

you can say that if the Redskins offense scored 40 points the Titans would have scored 41. but the reality is that the Titans scrambled at the end to score 25.

the Redskins scored 14 points in the first 9 minutes of the game and then only scored 8 points in the next 51 minutes, at home against an 0-5 team.

the other thing to remember is that right now the defense is the unit that is hurting because of injuries. to my knowledge, there aren't any major injuries on the offensive unit.

so, I think it is reasonable for the offense to carry a bit more of the load while we are weathering the storm of missing both DTs as well as Springs at cornerback.

:D maybe you can help me then.

I'm going to post a question that I asked in a thread yesterday but never had answered:

Justify what makes Brunell not terrible? Did you not see Brunell throwing to Moss while he's in triple coverage? Did you not see that horrible throw on 3rd down when Brunell had Moss open on the slant route and he threw the ball at his feet. There have been too many plays like that this season. How about the fact that the offensive coodinator with a 700 page playbook has to call the same 9 or 10 plays because he doesn't have confidence in the QB? How about the fact that he only makes 2 reads a play before he a)forces the ball to one of the two reads (Moss or Cooley), B) throws it to a check down back C) pulls the ball down and run or run into a sack?

Most Brunell critics are aware he didn't have much of a D yesterday and were playing rather "special". But how can you totally ignore this?

I'll be waiting eagerly for your answer. I still haven't gotten an answer yet.

what bulldog said!

putting JC in will likely make things worse for a while. but he is the future and that corner needs to be turned pretty soon. It was always in the cards for MB to become a backup who grooms the once and future king. we'll see if he handles this with the same grace he has handled the sometimes excessive criticism.

Last I checked......JC was listed as a QB.

So how is benching Mark for Jason to going to help us with:

A.) stopping bumb RBs from gaining 170+ yards?

B.) cover oppossing WR's all over the field?

C.) pass rush the QB?

It just makes me sick that people are still calling for Mark's head after this lose, becasue it was painfully obvious he's not he problem. It's aggravating to hear some of you fan's constantly rip Brunnell, I mean did you morons even watch the game? Or do you just run with what ever petty thought that appears in your feeble mind?

that's OK it makes me sick to see people who didn't see the passes that Brunell didn't make that means we still should have won that game with terrible defensive play.

Archived