Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell is not the ANSWERE!!!!

tone_dubbz

Strange how many things a change of QB seems to be fixing in AZ right now. Mark Brunnell is not only whats wrong with this team now but he has been whats wrong with it since he got here. Anyone with an IQ of about three point five or higher should be able to see it. Gezzz

I was awe struck by the difference between Fisher and Gibbs on the sidelines .... Fisher was in complete control, had a well thought out game plan that was being flawlessly executed by largely no-name players and was intensely animated with a fire in his belly that spread to all of his players. Gibbs on the other hand ...

Sigh. Unreal.

Did you even bother to read the post I was referring to? Unreal indeed.

Bulldog nailed it. Mark Brunell backs up to pass and if the back in the flat,Moss or Cooley are covered, that's basically it. He either throws it away or forces it into coverage to one of the three mentioned earlier.

Brandon Lloyd and ARE are currently a big time waste of money due to that fact. Once in a blue moon, they get a token pass or two thrown their way.

That's the limitation the offense has to live with,with Mark at the helm.

On the other hand, you bring in Campbell who's not only the better athlete at this point, but is taller and may be able to see the field clearer than Mark, even if it would mean a scaled down offense.

And even then, that wouldn't be a bad thing as it would get this offense to lean on the run a bit more and maybe spark a return to the smash mouth style this offense performs best with.

But whatever. We'll just watch fans and anyone associated with the team explain away Mark's deficiencies, like they always do, year after year.

Ever notice when Peyton or McNabb have a bad game it's their fault but with Mark, it's everybody else's fault? Coincidence?? I think not..........

I can't understand after almost 3 years of subpar play and 2 good games OUT OF 6 that people believe Brunell gives us the best chance to win. The evidence is so overwhleming that the whole NFL thinks we are a joke right now. The D-fense and Portis were the reason this team made the playoffs last year.

Folks lets understand this, what in the world does Brunell bring to the game physically?? The man is done. I mean its the same thing every week, "give it another game, Brunell gives us the best chance to win". We gave up 2 first rounders for Campbell and he is still tasting wood.

Yet Matt Leinart is tearing up the Bears secondary as I speak right now as a ROOKIE!! Lessons to be learned: ITS A YOUNG MAN'S GAME!!

Well, one can say Brunell is done or not because we have visual evidence to evaluate his performances. No one knows for sure whether Campbell will be successful or not long-term.

But the point is we will NEVER know until we take the plunge and get him on the field.

If the Redskins were going to be a true Super Bowl contender in 2006 then I was all in favor of keeping Campbell on the bench for an additional year in hopes of chasing a title.

Since this team is clearly nowhere near being a contender for 2006 I don't see any reason to just blindly go forward hoping to be respectable and finish 8-8 or 9-7 and end up in last place in the NFC East by a game or two.

The problems with this team transcend the problems we saw last year. The Redskins started out the season 3-0 and were racking up wins in the NFC and in particular the NFC East which gave us all the potential tie-breakers down the stretch. Despite the bad string of losses to the AFC West and to the Bucs in that 38-35 shootout, the Redskins problems in the end were manageable.

This year the offensive line play has been subpar. The defense is older and less effective. The offseason acquisitions are not contributing. And Brunell has regressed once again to the scatter-shot player he was for much of 2004.

At 2-4 the Redskins realistically have to turn this battleship around THIS WEEK against the Colts to get back in the race in any meaningful capacity.

Is that going to happen without some major changes in attitude, approach and motivation from both coaches and players? Probably not.

And the coaching staff doesn't seem as if they are willing to take any chances to try and reverse course, they are going to go down with the proverbial ship with the Holdmans, Carters and Brunells.

what a retard. of course brunell has no fault in our D because brunell is an offensive player. no one is denying that our D sucks. with that said, we can talk about brunell as an offensive player. brunell is the QB, the most important position in offense. he is the first person to get the ball. he dictates the play. to make the story short. he is an old gay ass lefty that cant throw no more than 10 yards down the field, cant see anything after 10 yards and he is 36. should we continue investing our time with this piece of ****? whats the time line? another yr or two? lets see. thatll make him 37 , 38 yrs old? yo , u better stop smoking that crack, u crack head u.

I dont know why the Campbell threads, unless you all are idiots, you do realize that COLLINS is our backup, not Campbell. I understand you made this thread about why he isnt the answer, but im just letting all the campbell fans know why he wont be our backup.

I believe Gibbs stated that if Mark went down during the game, Collins would go in to finish. If Mark couldn't start the next week, Campbell would start.

Last I checked......JC was listed as a QB.

So how is benching Mark for Jason to going to help us with:

A.) stopping bumb RBs from gaining 170+ yards?

B.) cover oppossing WR's all over the field?

C.) pass rush the QB?

It just makes me sick that people are still calling for Mark's head after this lose, becasue it was painfully obvious he's not he problem. It's aggravating to hear some of you fan's constantly rip Brunnell, I mean did you morons even watch the game? Or do you just run with what ever petty thought that appears in your feeble mind?

all good points except your missing what others are pointing out. Other teams have problems like this also but the QB is actually good enough to carry the team. IE McNabb. He actually helps the team win and cover up for thier weaknesses. We all know Brunell was only a game manager. He isnt going to carry the team. We needed a better QB while all these defensive problems got worked out. Hell, they carried the offense lots of times while they were getting it worked out.

C.) pass rush the QB?

It just makes me sick that people are still calling for Mark's head after this lose, becasue it was painfully obvious he's not he problem. It's aggravating to hear some of you fan's constantly rip Brunnell, I mean did you morons even watch the game? Or do you just run with what ever petty thought that appears in your feeble mind?

amen! people are so ****ing retarded some times. the defense sucks, and wtf is up with running 9 fing times in the second half. horrible play calling. what the hell saunders?

I didn't start criticizing Brunell until I began to see that it was not the 'new' offense that was making him tentative throwing the ball but rather a further deterioration of his physical skills.

And even now, one faults the staff more than the player. Brunell is playing as hard as he can and is trying to win games for the Redskins.

If physically he is coming up short, it is the responsibility of the OC and HC to improve the situation either by changing what the team is running or to replace the player as a starter.

There is nothing wrong with admitting that after 14 seasons of being hit and knocked around that the 36 year old Brunell is in 2006 better suited to a backup role.

no offense, stupid post. whats wrong with brunell please tell me something other than the fact that hes 36. hes still got a hell of a strong arm and great accuracy on most plays.

I guess that's why he forced the ball into Moss with five Titans around him when we still had a fresh set of downs and a little over a minute left in the game?

Or how about the 3 INTs the Titans dropped? Two thrown right to them and one severely underthrown ball to Moss,who had at least five steps on his man, that Moss had to play db on to keep it from being caught.

Pass protection wasn't a problem yesterday, so there goes one excuse out the window. Let's hear your laundry list to explain away Mark's performance.......

Brunell does not have a good deep arm and is not accurate on his intermediate to long throws.

Go back and look at the game films from the 1991 season and watch Mark Rypien throw the deep ball to Gary Clark and Ricky Sanders and you will see a clear difference in velocity and accuracy.

Rypien could throw a ball 40 yards off his back foot while Mark Brunell needs to step up, planting both feet foward and then use a 'wind mill' motion to get the ball 30-40 yards downfield.

The difference manifests itself in how Clark and Sanders received the ball in stride where Moss (seemingly the only long target most weeks) often has to become a defensive back, knocking the ball down because it is underthrown or off target outside or inside.

I guess that's why he forced the ball into Moss with five Titans around him when we still had a fresh set of downs and a little over a minute left in the game?

Or how about the 3 INTs the Titans dropped? Two thrown right to them and one severely underthrown ball to Moss,who had at least five steps on his man, that Moss had to play db on to keep it from being caught.

Pass protection wasn't a problem yesterday, so there goes one excuse out the window. Let's here your laundry list to explain away Mark's performance.......

The funny think about it is this:

That they basing their arguement around the myth that many of those calling for Brunell's benching are ignoring the other problems on the team. Most are well aware of the fact that the team (as a whole) just didn't get it done. I love people ignore the bad throws, lack of confidence in his own arm...etc. etc. Yeah he had that 52 yard throw in him yesterday, but do you think he would have been able to get that type of ball off and got it to the reciever had he been asked to do it 2 or 3 more times that game? Even the throw to Lloyd was off target because if he gets that to him in stride...that's a TD. But hey, Mark got us in the playoffs last year. he set the record several weeks ago against the Texans, He had a great game against the Jags. We're all good. :doh:

C.) pass rush the QB?

If that aint the pot calling the kettle black.

Morons are the people that can not realize that if we had a Damn QB who could sustain a EFFIN drive, and not go 3 and out consistently, the defense would play inspired ball and want to compete. These guys go out and play good, right up until the point were we fall flat on our face week after friggin week.

Moran?

I know you are, but what am I?

Pee-Wee-Herman-Photograph-C10042164.jpeg

If that aint the pot calling the kettle black.

Morons are the people that can not realize that if we had a Damn QB who could sustain a EFFIN drive, and not go 3 and out consistently, the defense would play inspired ball and want to compete. These guys go out and play good, right up until the point were we fall flat on our face week after friggin week.

Moran?

I know you are, but what am I?

Pee-Wee-Herman-Photograph-C10042164.jpeg

Nah Morons are people such as yourself, that blame the first obvious thing that pops into there head without rationalizing and understanding the game. So is JC going to play linebacker to help stop the run? Id he going to take Rogers spot and play cornerback? Huh moron?

C.) pass rush the QB?

Besides never taking spelling class in 3rd grade, it's obvious that your "feeble mind" can't grasp the concept of rebuilding. Teams that can't get to the playoffs more than 2 times in 13 years need to rebuild at some point so that they can gain consistency. This team has never tried to rebuild. The Redskins have been a struggling team for too long. They need to start rebuilding now or else they will continue to struggle for the next 10 years.

In a rebuilding process, a team is usually built around one or two standout players. In our case, Portis and Moss are our best players. Therefore the offense must be built around those 2 players. That means that this team must go out and scout college players. They must set their sights on young players that can fill certain positions, and build this team one position at a time. And it all begins with QB. No team will ever be able to rebuild with an old, aging QB who has mediocre stats. It may not be all brunell's fault, but if this team ever wants to get better, they must start now with QB change.

Besides never taking spelling class in 3rd grade, it's obvious that your "feeble mind" can't grasp the concept of rebuilding. Teams that can't get to the playoffs more than 2 times in 13 years need to rebuild at some point so that they can gain consistency. This team has never tried to rebuild. The Redskins have been a struggling team for too long. They need to start rebuilding now or else they will continue to struggle for the next 10 years.

In a rebuilding process, a team is usually built around one or two standout players. In our case, Portis and Moss are our best players. Therefore the offense must be built around those 2 players. That means that this team must go out and scout college players. They must set their sights on young players that can fill certain positions, and build this team one position at a time. And it all begins with QB. No team will ever be able to rebuild with an old, aging QB who has mediocre stats. It may not be all brunell's fault, but if this team ever wants to get better, they must start now with QB change.

Well lets see quagmeyer........I'm at work......and I could care less about spell checking my comments so that homo's such as yourself could read them more fluently. So suck ass, or else i'm going to yo mamma's house!!!!

Archived