Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Gibbs Has Lost this Team--And Here's Why

skins4eva

Definately disagree. The way that the players talk about brunell is with nothing but respect. do you not remember the glowing reviews after the jacksonville game? Fans can afford to be short sighted with short memories, but the players know brunell can get it done. The problems are deep, but guess what, it takes more than six games to install an offense.

Pretty amazing when it was pretty clear that the defense lost this game, that people still want to pick on Brunell being everything that is wrong with this team.

Brunell at least made plays and kept us in the game. You can't say the same for the defense right now, who can't seem to make a play to save their life.

No, this isn't going to be a team that is going to be one that comes back from behind, but if the defense played the way they should, this wouldn't be a problem.

We need to figure out who on this defense want to play.

Jason

I thought that for a while too Ignatius. However, seeing Brunell's passes sail high several times today, along with the game winning int and a couple of other passes that should have been intercepted said to me "He's done". Maybe the injury he suffered today contributed to that. However, Brunell's abilities are borderline when he's healthy. When he's injured he's an absolutely horrible QB and at his age he's injured and/or nicked up more often than not.

He'd still make a capable backup for us if he'd take a major paycut. However his days as a viable starter are over...unless the NFL becomes a touch football league.

Don't get me wrong. I fully understand that there are other problems with this team. However, we don't have a blue chip DE or LT prospect sitting on the bench as we do at the QB spot.

Defense is much more behind than the Offense. I mean at least the Offense scored 22 points. For all intents and purposes that's not the worst thing in the world.

I keep hearing this argument, and the Defense did not play well, BUT the offense should have scored greater then 30 points and kept our D off of the field against a team like the Titans.

I thought that for a while too Ignatius. However, seeing Brunell's passes sail high several times today, along with the game winning int and a couple of other passes that should have been intercepted said to me "He's done". Maybe the injury he suffered today contributed to that. However, Brunell's abilities are borderline when he's healthy. When he's injured he's an absolutely horrible QB and at his age he's injured and/or nicked up more often than not.

He'd still make a capable backup for us if he'd take a major paycut. However his days as a viable starter are over...unless the NFL becomes a touch football league.

Don't get me wrong. I fully understand that there are other problems with this team. However, we don't have a blue chip DE or LT prospect sitting on the bench as we do at the QB spot.

I love the SIG. Classic.

I keep hearing this argument, and the Defense did not play well, BUT the offense should have scored greater then 30 points and kept our D off of the field against a team like the Titans.

In fact with all of the injuries on the defense I think I would have made it clear that it was the offenses job to control the clock by pounding their pathetic run defense and keeping our defense fresh. Instead the Titans controlled the ball most of the game and still in the end our Defense gave our offense the chance to win it by stopping the Titans 3-4 times in the 2nd half but all they could do is tie it. Weak.

I thought that for a while too Ignatius. However, seeing Brunell's passes sail high several times today, along with the game winning int and a couple of other passes that should have been intercepted said to me "He's done".

I specially loved the wobbler that he threw where Santana had to become a cornerback. :doh: :laugh:

I specially loved the wobbler that he threw where Santana had to become a cornerback. :doh: :laugh:

Me too. :laugh: Santana literally covering for his deficiencies yet again. LOL That play made me even more appreciative of Moss, though, considering how many receivers you see who just stand there and let the interception happen.

Some one has to say this. Does Joe have this so called undying loyalty for Brunell or does he and the coaches know its worse without him? The coaches see the players every day. They know who the best player is. I do not believe the coaches would not play the player best able to win the game. I am as frustrated as anyone with what can only be described as a horrible loss. This is about wins and losses and I believe the coaching staff is not playing anyone for loyalty. They truly believe the best players are on the field.

Ding ding triple ding.

A voice of reason. Thanks, homie.

:cheers:

Brunell is our problem on offense. I don't think I need to explain why as everybody here knows why. The poor performance on defense is what amazes me. Yesterday we had two rookies on the line who gave up tons of yardage. Our secondary is a joke with Wright being the main culprit.

If Joe Gibbs doesn't pull Brunell, we lose this division. Simple as that. The offense needs a spark. We need somebody who can see the entire field and get the ball down field. There's too much talent on this team for us to look as pathetic as we do. We have probably the best receiving corp in the league and Brunell can't seem to find them.

A change needs to be made this week and if Joe doesn't make that change, you can kiss this season good bye.

How in the hell did our Defense give up so many freaking yards on the ground? Someone, anyone. Please! :doh:

Greg Williams defense has been figured out, LaVar is gone and Ryan Clark is too. This team is pathetic and since no matter win or lose they collect the same amount of money they don't care. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Brunell is our problem on offense. I don't think I need to explain why as everybody here knows why. The poor performance on defense is what amazes me. Yesterday we had two rookies on the line who gave up tons of yardage. Our secondary is a joke with Wright being the main culprit.

If Joe Gibbs doesn't pull Brunell, we lose this division. Simple as that. The offense needs a spark. We need somebody who can see the entire field and get the ball down field. There's too much talent on this team for us to look as pathetic as we do. We have probably the best receiving corp in the league and Brunell can't seem to find them.

A change needs to be made this week and if Joe doesn't make that change, you can kiss this season good bye.

Wake up this season and the division is already GONE! Joe won't make the change and ole #8 will continue to down this offense, Joe Gibbs is a pathetic sorry excuse for a coach and every other coach in the NFL would have benched that sorry piece of **** 4 weeks ago! But not Saint Joe! :doh:

Q. What is it about Brunell that makes Gibbs so loyal to Brunell?

A. Gibbs hand picked Brunell without even watching him do work-outs and he doesn't want to be the guy who picked a bust?

Do you think this is a thread worthy question because I really would like to hear some other opinions on this?

Mark Brunell is still a very serviceable quarterback. However, his deficiencies do not allow him to lead a prolific offense. Throughout Brunell's entire career, he has locked onto one receiver, failing to see the entire field. He is very good at getting the ball to the primary receiver and can still get out of the pocket and improvise, though his skill set does not allow him to lead a prolific offense. If a quarterback cannot see the entire field, the offense can still be productive, though it will always be limited. Brunell is still effective, but his inability to see the entire field makes our multitude of offensive weapons (Cooley, Randel El, Lloyd, etc.) useless. Brunell can, however, lead a good offense, just not an elite one. Unfortunately, our lack of defense has forced Brunell and the offense to produce at an elite level, something that an offense led by Brunell simply cannot do.

We also must realize that Jason Campbell is not the answer right now. If the Redskins lose to the Colts and Cowboys, then you begin to consider inserting Campbell. Right now, the Redskins can only hope that the returning health of its defense will once again put the defense on the levels of '05 and '04, and that so much emphasis will not be placed on Brunell to lead a prolific offense.

I'm not a Brunell, but the in Jacksonville he did share the ball. McCardell and Smith. I do agree with the original post though!

Q. What is it about Brunell that makes Gibbs so loyal to Brunell?

A. Gibbs hand picked Brunell without even watching him do work-outs and he doesn't want to be the guy who picked a bust?

Do you think this is a thread worthy question because I really would like to hear some other opinions on this?

It has nothing to do with football. Brunell is also a newborn Christian, and drove Gibbs to the hospital when Gibbs had a diabetic attack and was in Jacksonville courting him.

What do you expect when you hire a bunch of cronies to run the show and you have little to no interaction with the team or the substantive elements of the offense and defense? Of course, he's lost them. Saunders is just a complete and utter failure, and Williams is looking stupider by the day. Our coaches are freaking IDIOTS! You'd have to be a drooling moron not to succeed with the abundance of talent that has been assembled here.

I agree!

If the defence could STOP the other team from scoring we WIN!

I think Greg Williams is the problem.

He is the Norve Turner of defence.

Either he preforms or Danny should rethink this coaches contract.

Gregs defencsive schemes JUST DO NOT WORK, when the other team runs he has pass defence in ?when the other team passes he has rundefence in? Then he goes completely conservative and plays prevent and the other team by that time is on our 20 yard line??

REDSKINS NEED NEW DEFENCE COACH, I dont think he likes it here, he wants out by the his play calling it is obvious!

This thinking is the main reason the Redskins are so inconsistent as an organization. GW has been a genius since he arrived. Suddenly, the poor play of a defense that has never had a dominant defensive line is his fault. He is the reason the defense was so good the last 2 years. We have to stop the what-have-you-done-for-me-lately thinking. GW is not the problem; the lack of defensive talent is.

What I don't understand is this unswerving loyalty Joe Gibbs has for Mark Brunell. Since Brunell has been here, he has been mostly awful. We went to the playoffs last year inspite of him, not because of him. We got there because of GW's defense inspite of it's inferior defensive line.

Leave GW alone!!! He is not the problem. Mark Brunell and Joe Gibbs are the problems!!! :2cents:

I'm not trying to make excuses but the defensive line was without two starters yesterday and had no veteran backups to call on. Also, Shawn Springs did not start and was really rusty as a nickel. I also saw where Mike Rumph was inactive. What's up with that? Anyway, an already poor defense was without three starters. What could we expect?

It has nothing to do with football. Brunell is also a newborn Christian, and drove Gibbs to the hospital when Gibbs had a diabetic attack and was in Jacksonville courting him.

So you think thats the reason why or does he really believe Brunell still has the goods ?

This thinking is the main reason the Redskins are so inconsistent as an organization. GW has been a genius since he arrived. Suddenly, the poor play of a defense that has never had a dominant defensive line is his fault. He is the reason the defense was so good the last 2 years. We have to stop the what-have-you-done-for-me-lately thinking. GW is not the problem; the lack of defensive talent is.

What I don't understand is this unswerving loyalty Joe Gibbs has for Mark Brunell. Since Brunell has been here, he has been mostly awful. We went to the playoffs last year inspite of him, not because of him. We got there because of GW's defense inspite of it's inferior defensive line.

Leave GW alone!!! He is not the problem. Mark Brunell and Joe Gibbs are the problems!!! :2cents:

Sorry he is the problem when he signs Andre Carter and Adam Archuleta. Sorry Fred Smoot was leaps and bounds above Carlos Rogers and BTW that was a Greg Williams pick as well. Sorry Greg Williams IS A PROBLEM but not the only one. This whole coaching staff is dysfunctional and being honest I watch these games now for fun, to see what once a great was to what he is now is FUNNY AS HELL! The redskins on Sunday is better than any comic these days. I associate the Redskins with Andrew Dice Clay! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry he is the problem when he signs Andre Carter and Adam Archuleta. Sorry Fred Smoot was leaps and bounds above Carlos Rogers and BTW that was a Greg Williams pick as well. Sorry Greg Williams IS A PROBLEM but not the only one. This whole coaching staff is dysfunctional and being honest I watch these games now for fun, to see what once a great was to what he is now is FUNNY AS HELL! The redskins on Sunday is better than any comic these days. I associate the Redskins with Andrew Dice Clay! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You may be giving GW too much credit for these players being here. Even if it's true, he has done a magnificent job the last 2 years with inferior defensive talent. This year, his schemes can't seem to overcome even less talent, especialy when you include the injuries.

I still say the organization has a knack for giving up on people too quickly, which is why we have so many changes every offseason. It's too early to say GW is the problem. For now, I would leave him alone. He needs better players.

My opinion is the playcalling. Passing on 1st down leads me to believe that they don't believe in the running game enough and they don't believe in the o-line so they call a pass play to fool the defense. To me there are not enough rushing plays being called. We got bruisers for running backs. The games we won we ran the ball consistenly. We need more time of possession.

Dumb down the offense. With the win now mentallity, the offense is forced to learn Saunders offense at a rapid pace.

Archived