Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Gibbs Has Lost this Team--And Here's Why

skins4eva

My opinion is the playcalling. Passing on 1st down leads me to believe that they don't believe in the running game enough and they don't believe in the o-line so they call a pass play to fool the defense. To me there are not enough rushing plays being called. We got bruisers for running backs. The games we won we ran the ball consistenly. We need more time of possession.

Dumb down the offense. With the win now mentallity, the offense is forced to learn Saunders offense at a rapid pace.

How in the hell did our Defense give up so many freaking yards on the ground? Someone, anyone. Please! :doh:

one word should sum this up:

Cutback.

Our D has been battling the cutback run scheme for a few years now even when they were a good D. For some reaosn the schemes that GW uses makes the D open for cutback running.

Mark Brunell is still a very serviceable quarterback. However, his deficiencies do not allow him to lead a prolific offense. Throughout Brunell's entire career, he has locked onto one receiver, failing to see the entire field. He is very good at getting the ball to the primary receiver and can still get out of the pocket and improvise, though his skill set does not allow him to lead a prolific offense. If a quarterback cannot see the entire field, the offense can still be productive, though it will always be limited. Brunell is still effective, but his inability to see the entire field makes our multitude of offensive weapons (Cooley, Randel El, Lloyd, etc.) useless. Brunell can, however, lead a good offense, just not an elite one. Unfortunately, our lack of defense has forced Brunell and the offense to produce at an elite level, something that an offense led by Brunell simply cannot do.

We also must realize that Jason Campbell is not the answer right now. If the Redskins lose to the Colts and Cowboys, then you begin to consider inserting Campbell. Right now, the Redskins can only hope that the returning health of its defense will once again put the defense on the levels of '05 and '04, and that so much emphasis will not be placed on Brunell to lead a prolific offense.

Voice of Reason indeed, excellent post.

I just have a hard time actually believing that Gibbs is getting these guys fired up to play week in and week out. I mean, did you see Jeff Fisher out on the sidelines yesterday? He was fired up. An 0-5 team playing with the will to win...and it all started in their pregame locker room pep talk. I mean, does Gibbs get you fired up?

I can't see the players even taking him seriously.

Voice of Reason indeed, excellent post.

I just have a hard time actually believing that Gibbs is getting these guys fired up to play week in and week out. I mean, did you see Jeff Fisher out on the sidelines yesterday? He was fired up. An 0-5 team playing with the will to win...and it all started in their pregame locker room pep talk. I mean, does Gibbs get you fired up?

I can't see the players even taking him seriously.

He reminds me of Lou Holtz when he coached Notre Dame. Gibbs spends a little too much time being in awe of the opponent. With Moss being the lone exception, sometimes, I wonder if he thinks he has any talent at all on the team.

Defense is much more behind than the Offense. I mean at least the Offense scored 22 points. For all intents and purposes that's not the worst thing in the world.

When you can't convert a 3rd down, the defense is going to wear down. Brunell led us to a whopping 2 yards in the 3rd quarter. You can't blame it ALL on the defense when the offense can't move the ball more than 2 yards during 15 minutes of gameclock.

Q. What is it about Brunell that makes Gibbs so loyal to Brunell?

A. Gibbs hand picked Brunell without even watching him do work-outs and he doesn't want to be the guy who picked a bust?

Do you think this is a thread worthy question because I really would like to hear some other opinions on this?

You know, its ****** like you that make this board crappy sometimes. You clicked on the link, didn't you? Why don't you take your crappy attitude and go yell at an old lady or something. Your the type of dude that will cut someone off on the freeway, flick em off like they did something, and then drive straight to a police station when that same person follows you to whip your ***. Say what you want hidden behind your keyboard, I know you would NEVER say anything remotley close to that face to face.

You know, its ****** like you that make this board crappy sometimes. You clicked on the link, didn't you? Why don't you take your crappy attitude and go yell at an old lady or something. Your the type of dude that will cut someone off on the freeway, flick em off like they did something, and then drive straight to a police station when that same person follows you to whip your ***. Say what you want hidden behind your keyboard, I know you would NEVER say anything remotley close to that face to face.

Somehow I think your reply got attached to the wrong message because your reply makes it seem like I said something about your mother.......sound about right???

I think he believes Brunell still has the goods, but he sees things through rose-colored glasses and his view isn't accurate or objective because of the kinship they share through religion.

I would rather believe that there is some other reason that JG keeps Brunell in there rather than to think he actually see's the same game that we see and comes to a conclusion that that is some great QB'ing Brunell is doing out there, perhaps the Christian connection is playing a role here. I think Gibbs and Brunells relationship goes beyond football and JG doesn't want to bench his "son". I betcha JG doesn't get any phone calls from Ramsey!

Archived