Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We are looking at Troy Vincent?

DCSkinzfan

Eh, Troy Vincent was converted to saftey. Plus hes getting older, so I'd persue a trade for Nick Clements with Buffalo, maybe giving them Duckett as a good 1, 2 punch with McGahee.

are you serious? a legit #1 cb for a backup rb.. what are you smokin and can i have some of that stuff? j/k.. but seriously vincent is what we need here to use archeulta to his potential.

I've always been a huge Troy Vincent fan ever since his days in Miami with the Dolphins.

I thin he can be a huge asset to our defense. Even if he doesn't have as much physical talent anymore, he's still got the experience and the smarts to improve our secondary and lead by example. He is a GREAT leader. So just that alone right there could help improve our young secondary.

And I bet he can still cover pretty good.

A few simple questions:

Is Troy Vincent at his advanced age better than Vernon Fox?

Is he better than Reed Doughty?

Is he better than Curry Burns?

Is he better than Ade Jimoh?

Is he better than Mike Rumph?

Is he better than Kenny Wright?

Is our secondary getting burned repeatedly?

We all know the answer is yes...Vincent is better than the six reserves we have now. Sign him!!

P.S. Vincent led Buffalo in tackles last year.....he is far from washed up.

We need help at corner, bad. Not someone who can fill in at safety. Troy was moved to safety for a reason. We need someone like Nate (not Nick) Clements. The chances of that happening however are very slim. They would laugh at the thought of us offering them Duckett for Clements. The guy is the prototypical Williams corner. Big, strong, sure tackler, and great speed. We would have to give up a number 1 pick, plus a player at the same level as say a Cooley to be able to sway the Bills from parting with him. I really hope we go CB, CB this offseason. One in FA and one with the #1 pick. I'd like Clements thru a trade, or someone like Nathan Vasher or Rasheen Mathis. Of course I'm pretty much dreaming.

Eh, Troy Vincent was converted to saftey. Plus hes getting older, so I'd persue a trade for Nick Clements with Buffalo, maybe giving them Duckett as a good 1, 2 punch with McGahee.

LOL so we are going to sign Cooley and Taylor to new contracts.Then on top of that give Nick Clements a bug contract its not going to happen.

We need help at corner, bad. Not someone who can fill in at safety. Troy was moved to safety for a reason. We need someone like Nate (not Nick) Clements. The chances of that happening however are very slim. They would laugh at the thought of us offering them Duckett for Clements. The guy is the prototypical Williams corner. Big, strong, sure tackler, and great speed. We would have to give up a number 1 pick, plus a player at the same level as say a Cooley to be able to sway the Bills from parting with him. I really hope we go CB, CB this offseason. One in FA and one with the #1 pick. I'd like Clements thru a trade, or someone like Nathan Vasher or Rasheen Mathis. Of course I'm pretty much dreaming.

Isn't Clements a Free Agent after this season anyways? I don't think we have the cap to sign him though... he's looking for a big payday close to the Champ deal.

Per the Washington Times

Interested in Vincent

A source said the Redskins are interested in veteran defensive back Troy Vincent, who was released by the Buffalo Bills on Thursday.

Vincent injured his hamstring in the Bills' season opener Sept. 10 and was placed on injured reserve, meaning he could not play for Buffalo this season. Vincent played for current Redskins cornerbacks coach Jerry Gray when Gray was the Bills' defensive coordinator.

Vincent has experience as a cornerback (in Philadelphia) and safety (in Buffalo).

http://www.washtimes.com/sports/20061013-114721-8218r_page2.htm

He was injured but was placed on the non serious IR list not so long ago because this meens the team can realese him once healthy and Vincent saw the writting on the wall and asked to be cut now while there is still a chance he would make a team this season.

I think he could be a good pick up for the s/CB role Prieleau (sp?) played especially with the bye comming up

Archived