Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joey T coming on the Colin Cowherd show to talk some Skins

SkinsD

Joey T: This game is very important, need to win. Titans played Colts tough last week. Joey thought we would play better. Acknowledged that noone liked us to win the division. Said there are communication problems between the coaches and Brunell on the field. Said there are problems with the Oline.

Now bashing Rothlisburger... says he is too erratic. Says he is not HOF worthy (was anyone outside of Pittsburgh saying that?)

Did mention that it is very important for a young QB to sit a year or two, important for coaches and fans to be patient. I hope this translate well with Campbell.

Said Texans made a HUGE mistake not taking Bush. I'd agree.

Joey T: This game is very important, need to win. Titans played Colts tough last week. Joey thought we would play better. Acknowledged that noone liked us to win the division. Said there are communication problems between the coaches and Brunell on the field. Said there are problems with the Oline.

Now bashing Rothlisburger... says he is too erratic. Says he is not HOF worthy (was anyone outside of Pittsburgh saying that?)

Did mention that it is very important for a young QB to sit a year or two, important for coaches and fans to be patient. I hope this translate well with Campbell.

Said Texans made a HUGE mistake not taking Bush. I'd agree.

Thanks man. I wonder what can be done to fix the communication problems? Seems like something that would be an easy fix. I know we had issues last week but it's not like we've been having a who bunch of delay of game penalties. :whoknows:

skinsrlando, thanks for the recap. Joey T. seems so reasonable sometimes then at other times you just want to hit the mute button. He like to hear himself talk alot but I guess that's okay in his business.

I do agree the Texans should've taken bush and found other D-lineman later on in the draft. Not smart, IMO!

Thanks man. I wonder what can be done to fix the communication problems? Seems like something that would be an easy fix. I know we had issues last week but it's not like we've been having a who bunch of delay of game penalties. :whoknows:

I"m wondering if he means more than just not getting the play in on time. Maybe it goes deeper than that? Brunell not operating the offense like he should? Who knows.

I remember seeing that Brunell was yelling at the sideline about communication problems...eithe not getting in soon enough or other problems don't know which

Mountain out of a MOLE HILL imo.

He was frustrated because they didn't call the play into him fast enough, probably saw something on the defense he thought could be exploited.

That was the only time I'd seen something like that, so right now I think it's a complete non-issue until it happens again

Joey T: Said there are problems with the Oline.QUOTE]

I didn't think you gave this as much emphasis as Joey T did. He made it very clear that the O-line is not playing well and that they have to turn it around if Mark Brunell is going to be their qb. I thought it was telling that he made that a point over commenting on the defense (especially the secondary) or wr's or play calling. He said that they are in a new system, but the O-line has to get it together for the offense to be successful.

Joey T: Said there are problems with the Oline.QUOTE]

I didn't think you gave this as much emphasis as Joey T did. He made it very clear that the O-line is not playing well and that they have to turn it around if Mark Brunell is going to be their qb. I thought it was telling that he made that a point over commenting on the defense (especially the secondary) or wr's or play calling. He said that they are in a new system, but the O-line has to get it together for the offense to be successful.

Thanks for mentioning that part. - I'm surprised more people aren't talking about this problem. - The defense at least has a few new people back there from last year, but the O-line just look un-interested.

Thanks for mentioning that part. - I'm surprised more people aren't talking about this problem. - The defense at least has a few new people back there from last year, but the O-line just look un-interested.

What's the problem? I just don't get it. The looked terrible against the Vikes, Dallas and Gmen but looked stellar against the Jags. What is going on? :mad:

You know what? There are a lot of Joey T. haters out there as him as a broadcaster. I think he tries too hard during a game to make himself look good. But I tell you what, between him and Ron Jaworski, they are two of the "SuperSmartest" QB's out there. Threir knowledge of the "real" game would put all of us to shame. Not just because they played, but because of what they know and see. I'd give my left nut up if someone else could tell me one other former football player that has better knowledge of the game that is on TV right now.

You know what? There are a lot of Joey T. haters out there as him as a broadcaster. I think he tries too hard during a game to make himself look good. But I tell you what, between him and Ron Jaworski, they are two of the "SuperSmartest" QB's out there. Threir knowledge of the "real" game would put all of us to shame. Not just because they played, but because of what they know and see. I'd give my left nut up if someone else could tell me one other former football player that has better knowledge of the game that is on TV right now.

Hate to say it but Aikman is pretty good too. I agree with you but I'd have to add him to the list.

Archived