Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joey T coming on the Colin Cowherd show to talk some Skins

SkinsD

You know what? There are a lot of Joey T. haters out there as him as a broadcaster. I think he tries too hard during a game to make himself look good. But I tell you what, between him and Ron Jaworski, they are two of the "SuperSmartest" QB's out there. Threir knowledge of the "real" game would put all of us to shame. Not just because they played, but because of what they know and see. I'd give my left nut up if someone else could tell me one other former football player that has better knowledge of the game that is on TV right now.

I agree. - I think the 3 most intelligent people to listen to during a game (you can disregard their broadcasting skills if you want) is Theissman, Jaws and Phil Simms. - Ironically, 3 QB's who came up together in the NFC east.

I agree. - I think the 3 most intelligent people to listen to during a game (you can disregard their broadcasting skills if you want) is Theissman, Jaws and Phil Simms. - Ironically, 3 QB's who came up together in the NFC east.

I'm on board with this, and as More Complete said, toss in Aikman for all 4 NFCE alum leading the pack :applause:

Notice I used "SuperSmart" in my post. :D

I would put Simms up there except he is a little too much. Aikman knows the game real well, but Jaws and Joey T. still have a slight edge over them. I'm glad Jimster brought up, "minus their on air skills" because that is what I was referring to.

I for one don't mind that much about a broadcaster/ex-player sounding dopey sometimes during the game if he's doing his job pointing things out about the game and players, etc. - The 3 guys I mentioned, and I'd agree Aikmen as well, do a real good job of that.

In Joe T's defense - We don't know what people are telling him to do behind the scenes. All he knows are these night time broadcasts, which are much more of a production than the Sunday daytime games. So he may have some producer or something telling him how they want him act somewhat.

I think the perfect Monday Night crew would be Mike Patrick, Theissman and Aikmen.

I'm on board with this, and as More Complete said, toss in Aikman for all 4 NFCE alum leading the pack :applause:

Not sure about Simms. I guess Ican't think of another QB color guy that is better. Aikman is by far the best out there right now though.

Jaws is way too much of an Eagles homer for me. He giggles and pees his pants every time he talks about the Eagles.

I find them to be 3 of the hardest broadcasters to listen to.

Assign someone to hand signals. Take our own backup system to away games. the ginats r a dirty team, we have to be prepared for and expect that. Sounds like maybe they were running some interference. Easy to do, should be penalized with a delay of game penalty on the home team and resetting clock, second infraction is penalty plus loss of a timeout.

Thanks man. I wonder what can be done to fix the communication problems? Seems like something that would be an easy fix. I know we had issues last week but it's not like we've been having a who bunch of delay of game penalties. :whoknows:

I dont know why they havent practiced getting the play from the booth to brunell or when they are inside the opponents 35 yd line, practiced getting the play from the booth to coach gibbs for him to decide to go with 50 gut instead then to brunell in a timely fasion :D :D :rolleyes:

Thing is, the way the history of this rolls in the NFL, back when booths first started calling plays, the home team had to provide a working system of equal quality for both teams, or face a heavy fine. Thing is, there is so much money in it these days, and owners are so rich, a fine for 10 grand just does not carry the same weight. Some guys might think it's worth the fine to mess the other team up. It is easy to get your own sattelite system that works anywhere. It is also easy to get a device the messes up all forms of transmission in a small area. (ie a booth). But how would they feel if it cost them 15 yards, automatic first if the away team is on O, a timeout, and 50 grand??? The only way around it is a guy with binoculars and guy in the booth giving hand signals and a guy on the sidelines relaying them. If the ginats pulled something like that it should be made public, they should be humiliated for it, and fined, and lose the win or force a rematch. And they whined we play dirty.

Archived