Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Coach Gray, turn in your playbook please.

TheSteve

I think we should seriously consider looking at DB Coach Jerry Gray. It's not as if Archuleta and our 2nd string DB's AND Carlos Rogers have serious and even alarming technique problems, it's also Sean Taylor.

Their coverage is somewhat perplexing in that they don't seem to

look back for the ball. Last year did we have this problem? No, we had a DB coach named Walker. Walker is gone and his replacement is not up to par. If Gregg Williams secondary doesn't perform then his defense is worthless. I refuse to believe our ineptitude at the DB positions is solely because of Sean Springs being out and an lack of pressure up front. Last year we could get NO pressure and still were getting good coverage.

I'm questioning whether Jerry Gray from Buffalo is really up to par or if he's just lunching as an old friend of Gregg Williams. Our DB's don't play the ball in coverage, our DB's are taking bad angles, and it's a repetitive process. Mistakes happen, but a good coach should correct them. I'm not seeing that and it's 5 games in.

Will the real coach Gray please stand up.

I think we should seriously consider looking at DB Coach Jerry Gray. It's not as if Archuleta and our 2nd string DB's AND Carlos Rogers have serious and even alarming technique problems, it's also Sean Taylor.

Their coverage is somewhat perplexing in that they don't seem to

look back for the ball. Last year did we have this problem? No, we had a DB coach named Walker. Walker is gone and his replacement is not up to par. If Gregg Williams secondary doesn't perform then his defense is worthless. I refuse to believe our ineptitude at the DB positions is solely because of Sean Springs being out and an lack of pressure up front. Last year we could get NO pressure and still were getting good coverage.

I'm questioning whether Jerry Gray from Buffalo is really up to par or if he's just lunching as an old friend of Gregg Williams. Our DB's don't play the ball in coverage, our DB's are taking bad angles, and it's a repetitive process. Mistakes happen, but a good coach should correct them. I'm not seeing that and it's 5 games in.

Will the real coach Gray please stand up.

Yeah something is definately wrong.. I watched todays game thinking " I don't see how Springs could have made this aweful Defense better"..

It really is infuriating. Willaims said he wasn't gonna blitz much b/c he didn't want to leave the secondary vulnerable. My question is, how much worse could it have gotten? We were open against the long ball all night and their third downs were pretty much automatic. Springs is big, but he can't possibly be this big.

I agree: something needs to happen to the secondary NOW. If Gray can't make it happen, find someone who will.

5 games now our defense has been lit up...yeah, I know we held the Texans to 15 points, but when the Texans score 15 points on you, your defense is BAD.

We don't tackle...everyone on defense is waiting for someone else to make a play.

We'll beat the Titans next week like 27-17 but once again, our defense will stink.

It really is infuriating. Willaims said he wasn't gonna blitz much b/c he didn't want to leave the secondary vulnerable. My question is, how much worse could it have gotten? We were open against the long ball all night and their third downs were pretty much automatic.

That's what I'm saying right there. I was thinking that all day long watching that crap. How is blitzing gonna hurt us in coverage when we don't have none anyway. Blitzing's our bread and butter on D and without it we're not doing squat.

Williams is extremely Loyal he will stick up for his guys Dale Lindsay is a tool but Williams will hype him up. Last year even if you think Lavar was a tool a lot came out about some egos on our coaching staff:doh:

As the sig says too many Cheifs not enough indians :doh: Where is Gregs arrogant ****y attitude this year? He is being humbled a bit every time Kelly Johnson interviews him now he smiles like a schoolboy.

I was wondering WHY Wright was playing 10 yards off the WR on 3rd and 1?

GREAT QUESTION! This cushion that the DB's give the WR's seems to be a trend around the league. Why? I would really like to know that answer. The last time I can remember a Skins DB really playing a WR tight was when Darrell Green was lining up out there. I say Gibbs should beg Darrell Green to come in and coach these guys on the art of covering a WR. Apparently Gray doesn't know how to get the best out of his DB's. And there shouldn't be any way that one guy changes your defense that drastically. It's time the coaches step up and find a fix.

It's so obvious the Redskins threw the game...they jobbed it just like in pro wrestling... :laugh:

Dang someone else posted the same remark as I did earlier lol It truly did look like the team threw the game!!

In the postgame interview on Comcast, Gray mentioned there would be some changes. The reporter asked who else do you have to throw back there? He stuttered for minute as if he was thinking, "I'm trying to save my job and my boys looked bad. How dare you ask me to look into next week!"

Can we please stop with the endless finger pointing? The guy has credentials, knows Williams system, and is working with THREE new players in his secondary. Grey will not get the shaft, as much as you would like him too. He's missing two starters from last year, and a very talented reserve (Preilou). He has been with Williams from the start. You all should be happy to have a guy with DC credintials coaching our corners. Things like this take time. The secondary WILL get back on track. All the chiefs WILL get thier **** together and get this team into shape. Just stop with the finger pointing, the TEAM lost, not the coaches, not Sean Springs, not Joe Gibbs. How hard is it to just accept that we were beat today. All across the board you can point fingers at individuals, but in my eyes, I saw a team out played, and out executed.

:2cents:

I thought having Jerry Gray as our secondary coach was rediculous, the guy was up for a number of D-Coord jobs.

Our secondary is struuuuugglin though. It's not the coaches fault. Our starting corners are Carlos Rogers, Kenny Wright and Mike Rumph. Buddy Ryan couldn't make this a solid CB core.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived