Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brandon Lloyd's Breakout Game?

armada58

So I went to take a deeper look at each of Giants games. You can see that their Defense is ranked pretty low statistically, but I wanted to crunch some numbers to see if there was anything in there that was misleading, smoke screen, etc. Well, one thing I can tell you is that there are no misleading stats. The Giants Defense has been just plain bad through 3 games. What I did notice, however, is that The Giants have allowed more than 1 WR in each game to make some big plays. Sure, Harrison, Stallworth, and Darrell Jackson have had big games, but Wayne, LJ Smith, and Bobby Engram have also had good days against them in each game as well.

What I'm hoping that points to is a big day from Lloyd. He's the one part of the offense that has yet to be really integrated in a big way. You know they will do their best to contain Portis, Moss & Cooley. I think this will lead to some big play opportunities for Lloyd. Granted, it could be ARE instead who has a big day but I think Saunders will draw up a few good plays for Lloyd in this game.

Or maybe I'm just babbling because I'm so psyched up for this game. Either way............ :point2sky :gaintsuck :point2sky

I was thinking that very thing...

Lloyd had a big catch or two last weekend but I would love to see him have one of those 2-TD games to key a big W.

That would mean that we've gotten a huge play or more from each of our big guns on offense:

Moss (I don't need to list them)

Randle-El (punt return and the TD vs. Houston)

Cooley (a couple big catches last week including that screen pass that went for 40 yards and changed field position)

Portis (again, no need to list anything)

Betts (several big runs and a TD vs. Houston)

It would be GREAT to see Lloyd get involved this weekend. I think he needs some big catches to get his confidence up/ get a rhythm going with Mark.

Agreed! I'm glad he hauled in that long pass down the left sideline last weekend. That at least shows us he gets open and Mark looks his way.

Now he needs to get rolling even more.

I want to know that we can throw to any of 9 or 10 (Moss, Lloyd, Randle-El, Patten, Thrash, Cooley, Fauria, Portis, Betts, Sellers) players with confidence!

All of the guys listed above have made nice plays already this year...not bad!

After the game Santana Moss had last week, the Giants will have no choise but to double cover him. And that's why we got Brandon Lloyd and ARE. If they double Moss and put a safety on Cooley like teams did last year, watch out. That will put a LB on either Lloyd or ARE early in the game. Want to take bets that either one can beat a LB? And when they over commit to cover everyone, Clinton Portis will be able to run forever and eat a ham sandwich at the same time. I can't wait. We should score and score big. Only question I have is will they be able to do the same to us?

I would LOVE to see a Brandon Lloyd highlight reel catch, one of those forty-yard one handed grabs. Cooley had one like that against Jacksonville, except that he "went out of bounds" or whatever first. It's the best catch that I've seen this year, Moss's game-winner excluded.

I'll tell you what fellas, Lloyd can just flat out catch a football. The Skins offense would be unstoppable with another threat like Lloyd used more often. Out here in Cali, 49ers games are on tv every weekend and I saw Lloyd make some unbelievable catches last year. Would love to see him get into the secondary few times this week..

Not a big fan of his performance (overall) to date. I'm just not sure how route disciplined he is, and that fumble was just retarded. I hope he redeems himself this week. He clearly is not on the same page as Brunell, and I hope that he can be more consistent this week. Don't cough the ball up, run good routes, and there should be no probs'. Step up #85!

HTTR!

Right now he's sitting there watching Santan Moss and going WOW...

He's trying to hard to be like Moss instead of just trying to be Brandon Lloyd..it will work out......he's got all the talent..I've seen his "sick" catches.

I really think Lloyd looks up to moss ever since he got here. Everytime the camera is on moss on the bench Lloyd is right there talking to him. I just think Lloyd is trying to learn some things from moss and that is awesome. I to think Lloyd should have a great game. :gaintsuck

Archived