Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We're in Good Shape for Sunday!

LoudMouth12thMan

Hello ES boys and girls,

First I'd like to address the playbook that Mr. Shingles supposedly has in his possession. No cause for alarm. I'm sure its no different than the book Antonio Pierce studied from in 2004 while he was Greg William's defensive qb. It makes no difference if the Giants see the playbook, this is merely media crap. Nothing to fret over. I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir, but for the newbs' I thought I'd share. ;)

Secondly, The Giants are depleted at linebacker and they will likely start Short in place of Emmons. Short hasn't started a game this year, or even played in one. Short doesn't cover well and neither does our former disgruntled employee Mr. Shytlocks. Can anyone say, "THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD IS WIDE OPEN! With that said, I realize that Mark Brunell's strength is throwing outside the numbers, but my suspicions tell me that we're not only going to pass down the middle (or at least attempt to) but we're going to run up the middle of the field as well. The Giants' defensive strength is their Ends and Antonio Pierce. Something tells me that Sellers is going to be deja vuing it all over again this Sunday. The only difference is #45 will be smacking Pierce in the mouth instead of Peterson. As far as their Ends are concerned, we just gotta' put a hat on 'um or let them over-run our plays if they get by our line. What has Saunders been calling lately? That's right---Draws, Delays, Shovels, Screens, among many other things...The point is: Talk about keeping a defense honest and off balance. No problems Sunday if we play anything like we have the past two weeks. Not overconfident, I'm just being a football fan here. A realist, if you will? :cheers:

Lastly, it takes a lot for a humble guy like Arrington to come out and fire back at Springs and Lindsey via the media. Sure, its unexpected. Although, I believe that any professional athlete has a right to voice his/her opinion and defend himself/herself. Certainly his performance with his new team merits a little trash talking. After all, he's had 10 tackles, 0 sacks, and 0 INT's this season. Wayta' go Mr. Bubbles, you're a class act on and off the field. Good luck Sunday and I'm sure you will be consistant by mirroring your stellar week to week performances thus far. Here's a quote that I think it fits Mr. Arrington very well, "The mind is willing, but the flesh is weak." Well, in your case pal, "The mind is willing, but the knee is weak." :handicap:

Note: Don't even bother saying, "I hope you're right." I know I'm right :laugh: Sorry, I have a gut feeling, and I hope its not the kind of gut feeling that helped me lose $100 tonight to quads when I've got a full boat :doh: . I digress...The question is, what is our defense going to do this Sunday?

Thoughts/Observations ladies and gents?

HAIL TO ALL MY PEEPS! :logo:

Warning! This Post May Contain

Some Sarcasm! :laugh:

:cuss: you broke my sarcasm meter....

As people have stated all over the place...anyone with game film from the past few years can figure out Williams' D. Not to mention...I don't think Arrington has anything from this year, so...I think we're safe.

As for how we line up...yeah we appear to be in good shape, but since this is the NFCE I watch with guarded optimism. I can tell you up here in Upstate Gints country...Gints fans are quiet and not talking a whole lot of crap right now....they seem a tad worried.

:cuss: you broke my sarcasm meter....

As people have stated all over the place...anyone with game film from the past few years can figure out Williams' D. Not to mention...I don't think Arrington has anything from this year, so...I think we're safe.

As for how we line up...yeah we appear to be in good shape, but since this is the NFCE I watch with guarded optimism. I can tell you up here in Upstate Gints country...Gints fans are quiet and not talking a whole lot of crap right now....they seem a tad worried.

As they should be. They do need a win pretty bad, and I think that they're going to have a tough time getting it. I think a lot of NY fans have their eyes on the Yanks and Mets. I don't think that the Giants are going to give them much to to cheer about this year. :2cents: Yes I'm a Skins fan, but I'm trying to speak from a football point of view. Too many new players, and not enough "team" on the Giants squad. They should be worried! :applause:

HTTR!

As they should be. They do need a win pretty bad, and I think that they're going to have a tough time getting it. I think a lot of NY fans have their eyes on the Yanks and Mets. I don't think that the Giants are going to give them much to to cheer about this year. :2cents: Yes I'm a Skins fan, but I'm trying to speak from a football point of view. Too many new players, and not enough "team" on the Giants squad. They should be worried! :applause:

HTTR!

yeah that's pretty much how thy been seeing it. Offense is late out of the gates, and by then the sideline fights start, and the D well has been less then exceptional. After the Jax game the gints fans quieted down...at least the ones who saw the game.

Maybe this is overly simplistic, but if a playbook from last year allows the Giants an advantage, so be it.

In today's NFL, if you're using the same gameplan for every single opponent every time you play, you're going to get killed.

Think it would matter if Peyton Manning got ahold of Bill Belichek's defensive playbook?

Interesting. I wonder how loud it will be there on Sunday. I wonder if there will be that "thing" in the air. You know, the "thing" that we had at home against the Vikes. There was this air of concern and uncertainty b/c of our preseason flop. It was completely different than the Jaxs game. I wonder if G-fans will be less enthused than usual if we get a lead early. In other words, they are probably going to carry that concern into the stadium. Hopefully it won't be too crazy in there for us.

HTTR!

Maybe this is overly simplistic, but if a playbook from last year allows the Giants an advantage, so be it.

In today's NFL, if you're using the same gameplan for every single opponent every time you play, you're going to get killed.

Think it would matter if Peyton Manning got ahold of Bill Belichek's defensive playbook?

I don't know which way you are going here, but I think you are saying that you have to mix it up, right? I'm pretty sure GW will show a lot of different things. But honestly he does the same kinds of things from game to game, but you just don't know when or where its coming from. In other words, the looks are pretty much the same. The question is, which play is coming out of that look/formation. :2cents:

HTTR!

I don't know which way you are going here, but I think you are saying that you have to mix it up, right? I'm pretty sure GW will show a lot of different things. But honestly he does the same kinds of things from game to game, but you just don't know when or where its coming from. In other words, the looks are pretty much the same. The question is, which play is coming out of that look/formation. :2cents:

HTTR!

Yeah, that's basically what I was saying. It doesn't matter if he's got the playbook or not. What matters is the game plan/scheme drawn up by GW going into the game. Lavar knows what we did against the Giants last year (maybe), but it's a new season and a new game, and we're going to be mixing up coverages, blitzes, and packages so often that having our playbook isn't going to do any good.

I also think the Skins are in pretty good shape going into this game. They're coming around (though our pass D still has a lot of holes), while the Giants are literally falling apart. The only two things that worry me is anything can happen (remember last year's first match-up?), and the Giants are able to score a lot of points late in the game and our D gives up a lot of points. That could be a problem. The Skins need to come out on fire, get way up on the Midgets, and stay up on them. Don't let them back into the game like they seem to always do.

Just a heads up to you guys. both the mets and the yanks play on sunday. Mets first pitch at 4 and yanks first pitch at 7:30. Both games are away. Wonder if this is going to have an impact on the number of butts in the seats...and if they are going to leave early during the 4th quarter to catch the mets game

Remember how confident we were going into NY last year after taking a stick to SF? I'll concede though that they were gonna whoop whoever came into their house that day because they were playing for their beloved owner, kinda like the beartrap the falcons walked into down in NOLA this year. I just hope that misery doesn't happen again, I can't take another game like that one.

Just a heads up to you guys. both the mets and the yanks play on sunday. Mets first pitch at 4 and yanks first pitch at 7:30. Both games are away. Wonder if this is going to have an impact on the number of butts in the seats...and if they are going to leave early during the 4th quarter to catch the mets game
I didnt know that was the game situation. That could actually help out a little bit but who knows.

The only thing that concerns me about the Gnats is Tikki, shut him down, shut them out. I'm not concerned about Plex, ST and AA will hit him hard and often. He'll get a little tired of it after 1 qtr and will try less and less to get open. Pressure, pressure, pressure Eli. We get to him we win the game.

I'm not too concerned about them shutting down our offense. They've got holes, big holes that we can exploit. All we gotta do is play smart, error free and clean football. We can't afford to give them extra yds with stupid penalties.

Sidebar: wouldn't it be great to see ST in on offensive plays, opposite of Sellers? Can you imagine the collision at midfield when they takeout Pierce and Lavar springing Portis for TD? Wow, one can only dream.

Archived