Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2-4 and we finish where?

88Comrade2000

10/27 Colts 8:00 - we stink it up at home. 2-5 Patrick benched.

11/3 @ Seattle 4:15 - Danny W starts but Shane finishes. We eak out a win. 3-5

11/10 @ Jaguars 4:00 -Shane starts but Skins mistakes loses game. 3-6

11/17 @ Giants 1:00- Shane starts but Patrick finishes. Comeback falls short. 3-7

11/24 Rams 4:00 - Patrick regains starting role and Skins eak out upset win. 4-7

11/28 @ Dallas 4:00 - Close game but a Stephen Davis fumble at the end lets Dallas drive for winning field goal. 4-8

12/8 Giants 1:00 - Angry Skins play best game of season in win over Giants. 5-8

12/15 @ Eagles 1:00 - Patrick freezes hand and get's benched after two fumbles. Shane doesn't do much and Skin suffer blowout loss. 5-9

12/22 Texans 1:00 - They give Patrick some gloves and he leads us to close win. 6-9

12/29 Dallas 1:00- we win this game and finally break streak. Stephen Davis has 3 td's: 2 rushing and 1 recieving. He has no fumbles in his last game as a Redskin. 7-9

I don't think this team his hit bottom yet. I think we will bounce back a little but right now I see 7-9.

I like how the defense is building. I'd like to see Matthews back in there, so, with that said, I still think we are 9-7 with Matthews and now I think you are seeing the mistakes from Ramsey that lead me to believe we'll be 7-9 or so with him. But, that's adjustable as the weeks go on.

What the hell is the point of benching Ramsey? We'll win 2 more games big friggin' deal, we're not going anywhere this year being 7-9 or 5-11 doesn't make any difference except we get a better pick with the latter. The Florida boys should never be allowed on the field again unless Ramsey get injured which is looking very likely with our "offensive line".

That's mighty optimistic of you to think we'd beat the Rams at this point. They seem to have turned it around. They may even pull a 2001 Redskins on people(Start 0-5, then finish strong).

However, if we must stick with Ramsey, then I don't see us winning no more than four games.

4-12.

Now if the playcalling gets better, then.......

7-9.

First: THE D is progressing!! It is looking much better up front but the CB's and safeties are having a harder time adjusting. We are looking much much better on D.

Prognostications:

If the QB carousel continues: who cares..next season will be crap also.

Keep ramsey: I don't care as long as we win another 2-3games because next season we'll have a gun at QB.

Restraining Order on The Danny: ALL THE WAY TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!

I really am not caring about our record this year anymore since it seems our O-line will not allow ANY of our QBs the time to look down the field at more than one option. There are TWO mindsets to look at this year.

Scenario A: We stick with Ramsey for the rest of the season(barring injury) and we have him out there to experience every type of defense there is, it's called learning in the NFL. We take the gifts he can give us with his raw talent, yet we still accept his ROOKIE type playing that happens when you are thrown to the wolves. We show a commitment to the kid that we are building around him and suffer a 6-10 - 8-8 season.....

Scenario B: We stick a fork in Ramsey and decide it is not worth it for him to learn anything more. We put back in the duo of Matthews/Wuerfell and hope they can carry us to an 8-8 or (miracle) 9-7 season. In turn this leaves even BIGGER QB questions for next season and could start off 2003 with an ugly QB controversy.

Yah my opinion is biased towards what I think we should do, but it is just my opinion.....

Originally posted by ChrisFul

Quick Question: Who has the leagues' most "Offensive" Line...

Dallas or Washington?

Up until Sunday, the Cowboys O-line would have been my pick.

I think they had a decent game against the Cards, Quincy Carter stunk up the joint when every other unit played well enough to beat the Cards.

Very bad day for Quincy Carter. His worst yet. :cry:

The Giants and their fans probably had the best weekend of the season. :shootinth

Washington's line would be better off laying down barking like dogs each play in hopes that this would confuse the opposition's D line. If I was the Redskins QB, If my first receiver wasn't open, I would run. Because sometimes, Ramsey has not had time to even look for his first receiver.

The D is great. The D has been great. Unfortunately, not great enough to support a Ravens-style Superbowl run. If our offense can't crank out more than 9 points a game, then we ought to run an EXTREMELY conservative offense designed to hold onto the ball as long as possible, and then punt.

All the turnovers are KILLING the defense. Why is our defense so highly rated? Simple: the ratings are based on yards allowed, and we're giving our opponents the ball on our own 20. So if we think the defense is finally good enough to carry the team, then we should just tell the offense to hang onto the ball for 3 plays or so, and then punt.

Need to purge alot of dead talent off from this team.

Defense & Offense needs speed.

Get rid of Helton as O-line coach...horrible!

We will finish 5-11 this year and draft #7.

Too many mistakes on this team, I wonder if these guys have tuned SOS/Lewis out as they did Norv and Marty?

Archived