Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Les Bowen says Westbrook might need surgery

dockeryfan

Didn't see this yet.

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/15673587.htm

The article talks about what typical treatment for a bone bruise in the knee can be.

1) Rest

2) Drain the knee

3) Corticosteriod injections

4) Arthroscopy

Everyone heals at a different rate , and injuries differ, but Lavar had a bone bruise, and you see how well that went for him.

It's all speculation right now, but he's not practicing and he was a late scratch against GB. He may play against Dallas, but a knee that keeps swelling up is no good.

(BTW, I think Bowen was the guy who said Bentley was at the Novacare center RIGHT NOW hammering out details of a new contract, so I find it hard to take him seriously, even if it looks like he's on base with this one)

Eagles knew they had runningback problems in August.

Moats went down.

Westy had his foot sprain.

Buckhalter had shown that his knees were actually styrofoam up to that point.

And they signed no one.

Eaglefan can laugh at the Redskins and say the Duckett signing makes no sense, third round pick and still inactive...

But it was an insurance policy, and he'll probably still contirbute (it's early)

If this season ends up going down the toilet because Westbrook is injured, I say you have to put a big part of that on the Eagles FO. They knew they had a potential problem , and they did jack to address it.

Screw the Eagles.

G. Cobb was saying he thinks Westbrook has some sort of minor cartilage tear. He also thinks he might need surgery, too.

That sucks Westbrook is a really good RB but just can't take the whole season load that the team needs him to take.

Who do you think will emerge as the RB in Philly Buckhalter or Mahe?

Les Bowen was talking about this last night on daily news live. He is a regular on that show, and I watch every airing so I know he is a good guy. But it sounded purely speculatory and that should be made more clear. He had said that sometimes arthoscopic surgery needs to be done with certain players. He said that sometimes coaches have a way of hoping players can just either play through it, or heal naturally, and do not in general like to commit to surgery and risk the short term set backs. Which is true. His thought process had nothing to do in specific regard to Westbrook. Don't mistake that with him having some hidden dirt on Westbrook. It remains to be seen how long this will go on.

I expect Westbrook to play against Dallas. Very suprised he didn't play Monday Night. Les also noted that Westbrook was very dissapointed he could not play. Bowen said the coaches did not like what they saw out of him in warm-ups.

That sucks for the philthy fans. He's like, 75% of your offense? With out him, you'll have a hard time beating dallASS as I didn't see anything impressive about your defense against the Packers.

The best part of the game will be watching philthy fans desecrate other dallass fans at the stadium and then watching them get hauled off by the police.

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

Westbrook out is great news for Redskins fans. Philly might have just thrown away another season relying on one player....

For the beating of Dallas purposes? Westbrook being hurt sucks for Skins fans. Skins fans NEED Dallas and the G-men to lose. Then all of a sudden? The Skins are 1-1 in the NFC East with EVERYONE else. Philly will "Fall off" soon enough, but we need them to beat Dallas right now.

For the beating of Dallas purposes? Westbrook being hurt sucks for Skins fans. Skins fans NEED Dallas and the G-men to lose. Then all of a sudden? The Skins are 1-1 in the NFC East with EVERYONE else. Philly will "Fall off" soon enough, but we need them to beat Dallas right now.

I would love to see that Redsk58417, but watching them play against the Packers Monday night didn't instill any confidence in me that they can beat dallASS.

He is, and it's a pain in the ass. I love the guy, but I'm sick to death of his injuries.

I'm sick of injuries, period. This is getting old(see Springs/Portis). Why does it seem like every week someone is going down? I just don't remember stuff like this in the late 80's and early 90's unless it happened on Astroturf. Maybe I was too young to really remember.

What gives?

I'm sick of injuries, period. This is getting old(see Springs/Portis). Why does it seem like every week someone is going down? I just don't remember stuff like this in the late 80's and early 90's unless it happened on Astroturf. Maybe I was too young to really remember.

What gives?

Size, speed, weapons (pads/helmets) and laws of physics.

When a 26 year old professional athlete can't sprint 100 yards without sucking major wind, that's pretty bad. Unless you're talking about sumo wrestlers.

It's being called a bone bruise in his right knee, and it's been drained at least once. It continues to swell, so he lays off it during the week, no practice, then plays on Sun.

The lisfranc injury was grade 1 and in his right foot last year.

The foot sprain was in his left foot this year in TC.

Both of those can change lower leg mechanics, and lead to other problems, but that's all speculative. It seems to be another problem.

Yes, one problem can lead to another. Back surgery can lead to knee problems. You can't prove one caused the other , but it's plausible. So maybe it's connected, but only in an indirect way. That's with the info we are being told.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/15671874.htm

Archived