Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andre Carter; Although 1st Sack came easy....

dent19

He still gets it...............

I actually saw a few good moves from this guy.

2 or 3 pressures. 1.5 sacks. I saw it as a coverage sack of opportunity. someone had to get him, and his guy gave up on the play.

He was badly burnt on that Jone-Drew dump for 50-60 yds. but you dont expect him to excel at that...Just show up.

I officially Award Andre carter with the HCAN Award!!!!!!!!!!

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

coffee_photocopy.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

For me his most impressive play was running down (think it was Fred Taylor) from the backside of a sweep. Alot of DE's give up on a play like that and most dont have the speed to get there, but he got him for a loss.

Im taking AC and AA's lack of production in stride. If by week 8 I dont see improvment, then I"ll start getting on them. Greg Williams has a pretty complex system and like our offense, it takes some time to get the feel of it.

Not busting on ya, dent, and a lot of people have been unimpressed with Carter, but I think this would carry more weight if it wasn't coming from someone who's supposed to be a personal friend of LaVar's.

Even if everything he says about Carter is true, I wouldn't trade him for 10 Lavars.

For me his most impressive play was running down (think it was Fred Taylor) from the backside of a sweep. Alot of DE's give up on a play like that and most dont have the speed to get there, but he got him for a loss.

Im taking AC and AA's lack of production in stride. If by week 8 I dont see improvment, then I"ll start getting on them. Greg Williams has a pretty complex system and like our offense, it takes some time to get the feel of it.

you do realize carter got good pressure and a sack right,and archuleta also had a sack.

one can blame archuleta for one of the 30 yard pass plays that ended at the midfield logo,reggie williams stretched out. he was doubled with rogers over top and archuleta underneath. Archuleta never saw the ball so I'd place 3/4th of the blame on Arch, since Rogers making a play while behind the WR would be godly from the CB postion.Archuleta did make a nice tackle near the LoS though he out muscled fred taylor and held him for only a 1 yard gain

we need shawn springs badly. teams hate throwing at sean taylor,and teams hate throwing at shawn springs.drop both of them on opposite sides and our pass D improves drastically

You didnt think they showed improvement this week?

Not busting on ya, dent, and a lot of people have been unimpressed with Carter, but I think this would carry more weight if it wasn't coming from someone who's supposed to be a personal friend of LaVar's.

Dont think that has anything to do with this guys Technique.

I just happend to pick him because of what i saw of him in the pre-season. Nuthing

As Far as LA,,, he's a Giant. That's that. We play them next week. all be at Giants Stadium wearing all my Skins gear screaming my head off (in my own way) After the game im in the Tunnel greeting my boys on both teams.

nothing to do with LA.....

I'm getting questions from Giants on why he isnt showing up to play....

"You know me Jumbo"

i call it like i see it man...

No one wil stop me from doing that....

Go back to my 1st post on AC... I start by saying "I hope eat my words"

And the guy has show very little growth.

Of course any play he makes is improvement.

Im still waiting for what he was paid to be.... "A BEAST"

I want him to be good.. Right now I'm just waiting for him to show some type of good Technique........

Dont think that has anything to do with this guys Technique.

I just happend to pick him because of what i saw of him in the pre-season. Nuthing

As Far as LA,,, he's a Giant. That's that. We play them next week. all be at Giants Stadium wearing all my Skins gear screaming my head off (in my own way) After the game im in the Tunnel greeting my boys on both teams.

nothing to do with LA.....

I'm getting questions from Giants on why he isnt showing up to play....

"You know me Jumbo"

i call it like i see it man...

No one wil stop me from doing that....

Go back to my 1st post on AC... I start by saying "I hope eat my words"

And the guy has show very little growth.

how'd he get his first sack

he used an inside pass rush move,somthing we haven't seen all season.hopefulyl he keeps using that and he was extremely active while playing the run.

how'd he get his first sack

he used an inside pass rush move,somthing we haven't seen all season.hopefulyl he keeps using that and he was extremely active while playing the run.

look at the play again... He was handled till his man gave up on the play....

Byron was looking for a place to lay down...LOL

look at the play again... He was handled till his man gave up on the play....

Byron was looking for a place to lay down...LOL

you obviously lack football knowledge,and now your just flat out hating now.

Carter's man never had his hands on carter for a single second on that play. Carter swatted his arms down,and tried to get outside,but saw leftwich begin to scramble and because carter was so successful with his inside pass rush move he flowed freely to the QB and got the sack.

I just watched the video since I have downloaded the game,and it happens exactly as I described.

i will watch it again.... the replay will be on in a few and its on my dvr... ill go thru play by play if you need..... i may be remembering the.5 sack... or 1 hurrie he had..

But 1... 1 play wont make me change my view....

lets say he has 1 good play every qtr, ok ill eat my words as i stated......

And ill be happy to.....

i will watch it again....

But 1... 1 play wont make me change my view....

lets say he has 1 good play every qtr, ok ill eat my words as i stated......

And ill be happy to.....

I seriously wish I had some video editing software and knowledge because I'd chop out the play and throw it up on youtube as fast as I could to prove how wrong you were.

and on the play were kenny wright deflects the ball into philip daniels arms, andre carter levels leftwich.

yesterday was the first game in which andre carter's play lived up to his appearence,a beast playing like a beast. 1 sack and 2 QB pressures along with some tackles.

archuleta played solid yesterday and showed he could keep up with WR's but he didn't show any pass D instincts. on the 35 yard pass to reggie williams rogers and archuleta both had a double team,rogers over top:arch underneath. the ball probably flew over archuletas head at around 7 feet give or take some inches but he didn't even notice.

if you are going to evaluate carte, or any member of the defense, you have to evaluate the whole defense. first of all, we gave up what, like 34 yards of rushing? clearly he did his part to stop the run.

as for the pass rush, you have to look at what williams' schemes are, not what the players do. how often did we blitz leftwich? on most of those blitzes, it's carter's job to drag the tackle wide and create a whole for arch or the backer.

fact is, against the jags, carter had a good game. get off your high horse and respect what the defense did. carter is paid what he is paid so we win games, and that's what we did.

I did, but I think it's still a work in progress. Basically, I think we are saw the beginning of these guys startign to get it, the next month I think we see some big steps in their play. Remember there are alot of guys back there that are new, and most are in the secondary. And didnt have alot of time (no off-season, not much of training camp ) to get this stuff.

Archived