Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Great job Mr Holdman

Zguy28

I guess making tackles when the runner comes to you is something you get credit for........

This thread said great....interceptions, forced fumbles, tackles for loss, qb sacks, qb hurries.......come on, let's not give someone a pat on the back for doing what they should have been doing since they came here.....I'm not buying this thread and I'm not buying Warrick Holdman. He's an average NFL player at best.

GAme, set and match that...and to califan....yipeeeeee for warrick's tackle for a loss! You treat this guy like he's a rookie....this punk has been in the league for 8-9 years! give me a break

OM....I'm not dis-crediting any "opinion" on this board. My statement is this: what stats are out there that prove Warrick is doing anything more than what he did last year? I just don't see it. You just can't post something like this without the facts? That's like posting an article without the link! where are the facts? That's all I want to know

Last year Holdman struggled to crack 4 solo tackles through four games. So far he's credited for 18 through three games.

If you don't see how active he's been so far this season you're simply not qualified to offer an opinion on the subject.

I guess making tackles when the runner comes to you is something you get credit for........

This thread said great....interceptions, forced fumbles, tackles for loss, qb sacks, qb hurries.......come on, let's not give someone a pat on the back for doing what they should have been doing since they came here.....I'm not buying this thread and I'm not buying Warrick Holdman. He's an average NFL player at best.

GAme, set and match that...and to califan....yipeeeeee for warrick's tackle for a loss! You treat this guy like he's a rookie....this punk has been in the league for 8-9 years! give me a break

Man o man. I don't think the person starting this thread was implying that Holdman was the next Ray Lewis. Jeez, you make it sound as though people giving Holdman props was that they were anointing the guy to the Hall of Fame.

I believe Warrick has been solid, maybe he hasn't made a bone jarring hit or game changing play but we have other guys for that. We need blue collar players who gets the job done. For every Ray Lewis, there's a guy who stays at home, makes the tackle when needed, and does the little things to help the defense. I think Warrick has done that and done it well.

Will Rocky someday be that player? Hopefully, but it's nice to see Warrick Holdman step up his game from last year.

You seem like one bitter man. :rolleyes:

I'm not bitter about anything....but to see our defense struggle like this in the first quarter of the season....lacking a pass rush, turnovers and rushing the qb......there has only been a handful of guys that have really made an impact (taylor and washington). I have a hard time giving someone credit when they have been in the league so long........and yet they aren't even really doing anything special

Obviously you've run out of credible retorts...you ask if he's ever made a tackle behind the LOS, and then are offered proof that he has. Your response? "Whoopie". You ask for "facts" to show that he's improved at all over last season, and then are given indisputable facts that he has. Your response? "Let's not give someone credit for doing what they should be doing".

I think it's safe to say that, to everyone NOT named "dwills1", you've been exposed, embarrassed and owned on this thread.

LOL....what exactly was I exposed or embarrased with? The only proof I saw was that he made tackles....so try again califan...

point being you people talk about him being "improved"....ok yeah I guess so....so he went from not good to average......don't start threads boosting a player that's been here 7 years and hasn't done anything for this team other than hold a roster spot. Stamp that......

I don't agree with you all. We don't need anymore "solid" linebackers in the hard-hitting, fast defense. We need someone to step up and make more of an impact. Rocky is the future and showed a great deal of talent in the preseason. I bet if he was the starter and got the whole game to show what he can do, he will make a big play or two. Last game, I remembered an outside run that Holdman got burned on because he just isn't fast enough. Rocky would have gotten to him for sure because he is very explosive. That's what we need right now, someone who can make a big hit and maybe cause a fumble or just jack the team up; like ST. You will never see that kind of play from Holdman....he is a great backup who wont let the team down, but not a starter.

Obviously you've run out of credible retorts...you ask if he's ever made a tackle behind the LOS, and then are offered proof that he has. Your response? "Whoopie". You ask for "facts" to show that he's improved at all over last season, and then are given indisputable facts that he has. Your response? "Let's not give someone credit for doing what they should be doing".

I think it's safe to say that, to everyone NOT named "dwills1", you've been exposed, embarrassed and owned on this thread.

CALM IT.....Lets take it down a notch.........eeeaaasssyyyyy...........eeaassyy.....there we go.........:logo:

Bottom line is that Holdman has been in this LEAGUE for 7 years and done nothing. As posted earlier.....we have enough "average and solid" talent....we need impact players on the edge.......but most people who just see the game as wins and losses don't see the lack of playmakers we have on defense......

how about you amplify our lack of defensive playmaking OM

Mr. Holdman,

Thanks for an outstanding job. I have been a person on this board who did not believe in your abilities and thought you were a stop-gap measure at best. I was wrong. You have bought stability to a position that has been lacking stability for years. Again, Thank you.

Okay, I want to see Holdman lead the team in tackles since he's the weak side LB, and while he's at it follow Sean Taylor down the field on special teams...like kick-off. And while everybody doesn't like him, Arrington's talent far exceeds Holdman's. So Holdman if you want to be impressive add to that fire Sean, Carlos, Jimoh, Rock (Not Jansen) , Fox and Thrash be laying down on "Ts." Until then, thanks for doing, only, your job, as most has already alluded to on this thread. And thanks for posting this thread, maybe he'll (Holdman) read it or one of his friends.

Bottom line is that Holdman has been in this LEAGUE for 7 years and done nothing. As posted earlier.....we have enough "average and solid" talent....we need impact players on the edge.......but most people who just see the game as wins and losses don't see the lack of playmakers we have on defense......

how about you amplify our lack of defensive playmaking OM

No, the bottom line is that you busted on a poster for giving some props to Holdman for his play THIS year, and have, despite repeated requests, provided absolutely zero support for your position.

Meanwhile, there has been PLENTY of support given for the original poster's position.

Just about everyone reading along can see it. And your ongoing and repeated attempts to change the subject or redefine the question won't change that.

But by all means feel free to keep trying.

Holdmans production may not be superstar like to some, but like so many of the other so-called no-name players picked up the defensive staff they are doing a great job. Im sure Carter will adjust just as well as the season goes on and yet again prove to everyone on this board how good our coaching staff is at finding the right players for this defense.

Archived