Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Great job Mr Holdman

Zguy28

I just wanted to give out some credit to number 57, our own Warrick Holdman at weak-side linbacker. I think he did a very good job on defense, was in position to make plays, and was flying at the ball throughout the game.

With all of last years boo-hooing about Lavar, and then this year signing Rocky Mcintosh, I got to give him props for still playing hard and being a team player.

He was even recognized by coach Gibbs and the staff for outstanding play.

Kudos to you Mr Holdman.:applause:

Z

I just wanted to give out some credit to number 57, our own Warrick Holdman at weak-side linbacker. I think he did a very good job on defense, was in position to make plays, and was flying at the ball throughout the game.

With all of last years boo-hooing about Lavar, and then this year signing Rocky Mcintosh, I got to give him props for still playing hard and being a team player.

He was even recognized by coach Gibbs and the staff for outstanding play.

Kudos to you Mr Holdman.:applause:

Z

I concur. Arrington has been a complete cipher for the Giants (though Pierce leaving still stings), and while Holdman hasn't lit the world on fire, he's been very solid from what I've seen.

He's done Rich Milot proud.

who care what Lavar is doing....Holdman is not doing anything? LOL....he's just doing what any NFL starter should do. How about great job Sean Taylor for your effort....great job Marcus Washington and Lemar Marshall. Great job for the rookie d-linemen......

Good job for doing your job Warrick.....like he doesn't get paid for it

Oh and Sean Taylor, Marcus Washington, and the rookie DT's Kedric Golston and Anthony Montgomery if you don't know their names, don't get paid? Holdman is playing solid football and deserves credit where credit is due. I guess if your boss tells you good job you just tell the boss man "hey that's what I get paid for". A good game is a good game period.

Warrick Holdman hasn't been doing anything special. He's simply staying in position but that's it. When do we hand out credit for simply doing what you are told? Does Holdman have any sacks, QB pressures, broken up passess, forced fumbles, tackles for loss??????????

I think this thread has been officially exposed

Warrick Holdman hasn't been doing anything special. He's simply staying in position but that's it. When do we hand out credit for simply doing what you are told? Does Holdman have any sacks, QB pressures, broken up passess, forced fumbles, tackles for loss??????????

It's special when your a backup. We did not miss Salevea. That's when you know your doing a good job. As far as I can see, Holdman has done his job as well as can be expected.

did I miss something here? did Holdman make any plays that are noteworthy of giving him praise that James Thrash, Vernon Fox, Ethan Albright......what do they all have in common? Come on fellas, quit with the trash talk, Holdman hasn't done anything on our defense. He's not shedding blocks and he doesn't have any stats to prove he's doing anything. You never here his name called.....nor are the coaches boosting him. This is something like a (dare I say it)...Jesse Lumsden thread

OM....what does LA have to do with Warrick Holdman? LA didn't do anything in Greg Williams scheme...and neither does Holdman. McIntosh needs to get his reps. The title of this thread said "great job Mr. Holdman"......IMO Holdman hasn't done a d@mn thing other than get his soft @ss in shape...LOL.

Everyone was saying how strong and lean he looked....well that's what happens when you actually work out. Come on fellas...we are praising Warrick Holdman who has been in the league for 8 years now and has done nothing. I'm looking forward to Rocky and his ability to make plays. OM - face it, this isn't about Lavar....your boy Warrick sucks....you've posted enough on here to have the title "president"....let's at least take the blockers off a little bit huh?

Someone post Warrick's team leading stats on here and I'll stop exposing this thread....until then....great job Todd Yoder

OM....what does LA have to do with Warrick Holdman? LA didn't do anything in Greg Williams scheme...and neither does Holdman. McIntosh needs to get his reps. The title of this thread said "great job Mr. Holdman"......IMO Holdman hasn't done a d@mn thing other than get his soft @ss in shape...LOL.

Everyone was saying how strong and lean he looked....well that's what happens when you actually work out. Come on fellas...we are praising Warrick Holdman who has been in the league for 8 years now and has done nothing. I'm looking forward to Rocky and his ability to make plays. OM - face it, this isn't about Lavar....your boy Warrick sucks....you've posted enough on here to have the title "president"....let's at least take the blockers off a little bit huh?

Someone post Warrick's team leading stats on here and I'll stop exposing this thread....until then....great job Todd Yoder

Hmm ... maybe I'm mistaking you for someone else. I could swear you were one of those who defended LA up and down and sideways to beat the band, no matter HOW bad he looked. Am I wrong? If so, I apologize.

As to "my boy Holdman," you're reaching. He ain't "my boy," and nothing I've said here or anywhere else suggests otherwise. Where'd you get that?

I think Warrick has played solid football on a defense finding its way. Based on what we can see on TV, he's improved a great deal over the guy who struggled so early last season. As such, seems to me a little bit of love from the fans isn't all that outrageous. Do you? Especially considering 1) how much the D has struggled around him, and 2) the fact that he was a pincushion around here all least year and right up until this season started.

I just figured you were bustin' on Warrick because of the whole LA thing. Like I said, if I've confused you with someone else, my bad. YOUR bad on roughing up Warrick for having a solid start to this season for no particular reason.

Holdman hasn't been spectacular but he's played solid to good and that's more than what we've seen out of that position last year. Holdman still gets caught in the wash every now and then but you can tell that he worked really hard in the offseason to get his explosiveness back and watching him has been a real blessing at times.

I'll take substance over style (Arrington?) any day of the week.

OM....I'm not dis-crediting any "opinion" on this board. My statement is this: what stats are out there that prove Warrick is doing anything more than what he did last year? I just don't see it. You just can't post something like this without the facts? That's like posting an article without the link! where are the facts? That's all I want to know

dwills,

What "facts" have you brought about Warrick, exactly?

For the record ... as of 9/26/06, your top ten defensive players:

http://www.nfl.com/teams/stats/WAS

Name / Total / Tackles / Assists / Sacks / Fum Rec

Lemar Marshall 24 / 18.0 / 6 / 1.5 / 0

Adam Archuleta 22 / 19.0 / 3 / 0 / 0

Warrick Holdman 18 / 13.0 / 5 / 0 / 0

Sean Taylor 17 / 13.0 / 4 / 0 / 0

Marcus Washington 16 / 10.0 / 6 / 0 / 1

Carlos Rogers 16 / 12.0 / 4 / 0 / 0

Cornelius Griffin 8 / 5.0 / 3 / 0 / 0

Kedric Golston 7 / 6.0 / 1 / 0.5 / 1

Mike Rumph 6 / 4.0 / 2 / 0 / 0

Phillip Daniels 6 / 5.0 / 1 / 0 / 0

And in case you were wondering, he finished last season 14th.

With a total of 23 tackles.

At 6 tackles/game so far this year, he'll beat that sometime in the 4th quarter on Sunday.

Holdman has at least one tackle for a loss, and it was a helluva play, too...I remember seeing him get up after diving sideways to take down some runner behind the LOS, and was surprised the number on the back of the jersey was 57...Holdman's had a noticeable improvement from last year and deserves to have that acknowledged.

dwills,

What "facts" have you brought about Warrick, exactly?

For the record ... as of 9/26/06, your top ten defensive players:

http://www.nfl.com/teams/stats/WAS

Name / Total / Tackles / Assists / Sacks / Fum Rec

Lemar Marshall 24 / 18.0 / 6 / 1.5 / 0

Adam Archuleta 22 / 19.0 / 3 / 0 / 0

Warrick Holdman 18 / 13.0 / 5 / 0 / 0

Sean Taylor 17 / 13.0 / 4 / 0 / 0

Marcus Washington 16 / 10.0 / 6 / 0 / 1

Carlos Rogers 16 / 12.0 / 4 / 0 / 0

Cornelius Griffin 8 / 5.0 / 3 / 0 / 0

Kedric Golston 7 / 6.0 / 1 / 0.5 / 1

Mike Rumph 6 / 4.0 / 2 / 0 / 0

Phillip Daniels 6 / 5.0 / 1 / 0 / 0

And in case you were wondering, he finished last season 14th.

With a total of 23 tackles.

At 6 tackles/game so far this year, he'll beat that sometime in the 4th quarter on Sunday.

Game, set and match...

Archived